Universal Recovery Script

slyz

Developer
Let the script decide =)

In mallcore, I think UR must alternate between less than 5 MP restorers (I can't speak about HP restorers since I permed cocoon): Magi-wipes seem to be a favorite, for example. Palm-fronds, bottles of Monsieur Bubble and superseltzers also appear often.

I think saving the 10 best restorers and limiting the price searches for those would work pretty well. This would cut down on the number of mall searches on the first run of each session, I guess. I find it marginal, anyway.

Going through the logs of the last few weeks of aftercore, UR seems to have used exclusively MMJ for my main. My preferences were wiped when the file caching bug appeared, and it seems like I never set UR to buy from the mall. Doh!

EDIT: Doh! again - the default setting was to follow Mafia preferences, so UR was considering other options. It just seems that MMJ has been the cheaper option for me for a while now.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Well at 100 meat per flask they defiitely get better and better teh higher level you egt so that is not entirely surprising is it?
I think above level 12 or so it is close to the best restorer in game, at least when seen from a pure cost efficient viewpoint.

slyz

Developer
I think mall prices have been rising. I remember it was rare to see UR resort to buying MMJ, even at levels 20-25 (my current level).

Winterbay

A quick check through the wiki and mall gives that MMJs are better than anything (costwise) I can find with a search of "MP restorers" at level 14-15. At level 14 the carbonated water lilly is equal to the MMJ with 3,846153846 meat per MP.

Winterbay

Now, yes. Not a few months ago is what I was saying. Am I starting to sound like an old player now?

Maybe :)
Allthough going from account ID I may be older, but care less about the market and have no idea on how it's been behaving :)

Winterbay

Universal Recovery is behaving oddly at the moment. I ma a SC (and have been for the past few days) currently doing some Hellseal powerlevelling for a basement run and after lunch I cam back to a CLI full of this:

Code:
Current HP: 1209, MP: 190
In mallmode, best MP restorative is: magical mystery juice @ 650.9091 meat total.
Trying to use 7 magical mystery juice
Searching for "magical mystery juice"...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 7, got 0)
Failed to use an item from the mall.
In mallmode, best MP restorative is: magical mystery juice @ 650.9091 meat total.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

This has continued for roughly 30k lines of my session log and seems to have started here:

Code:
> Restoring HP! Currently at 298 of 1209 HP, 74 of 369 MP, current meat: 99280 ... Target HP = 1209.
 > In mallmode, best HP restorative is: scroll of drastic healing @ 566.6667 meat total.
 > In mallmode, best MP restorative is: natural fennel soda @ 276.0 meat total.
 > Mall price to restore 17MP is 51 meat.
 > Cast a healing skill.

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 911 hit points
 > Current HP: 1209, MP: 54
 > My meat: 99280. Should be successfully healed...
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 1209 of 1209 HP, 54 of 369 MP, current meat: 99280 ... Target MP = 369.
 > In mallmode, best MP restorative is: natural fennel soda @ 945.0 meat total.
 > Trying to use 4 natural fennel soda
 > Failed to use an item from the mall.
 > Current HP: 1209, MP: 54
 > In mallmode, best MP restorative is: magical mystery juice @ 1145.4545 meat total.
 > Trying to use 12 magical mystery juice

use 5 magical mystery juice
You gain 136 Muscularity Points
 > Current HP: 1209, MP: 190
 > In mallmode, best MP restorative is: magical mystery juice @ 650.9091 meat total.
 > Trying to use 7 magical mystery juice
 > In mallmode, best MP restorative is: magical mystery juice @ 650.9091 meat total.
 > Trying to use 7 magical mystery juice

Anything I can do to solve this?

Edit:
For completeness:
Code:
> ash can_interact()

Returned: true

> prefref mall

autoSatisfyWithMall (global, now 'true', default false)

UR is set to use mafia's settings and to use MMJ from the inventory even if it cannot be bought this run.

Bale

Minion
Do you have any MMJ in inventory? Do you have any in the closet? If so, how much?

I'm guessing it thought it had MMJ, but used it up then didn't realize it was out, but I'm going to have to check my code to see if that makes sense. If that's right, the problem should have been solved as soon as you aborted.

Winterbay

I had 5 (as per the 2nd code snippet) and it used 5. It kept wanting to use MMJ even after the abort.

I just checked and it appears I had another 4 which I've now manually used. Let's see if that helps.

Bale

Minion
I had 5 (as per the 2nd code snippet) and it used 5. It kept wanting to use MMJ even after the abort.

I just checked and it appears I had another 4 which I've now manually used. Let's see if that helps.

Thank you. I suspect that should do it. I'm afraid I don't have time to check now though. I'll get to it (much) later. Obviously that's a bug I'm going to have to fix!

Winterbay

It seems to be fixed now:
Code:
In mallmode, best MP restorative is: ancient Magi-Wipes @ 415.74545 meat total.

That should hopefully make it work better :)

NCSorcerer

Could anyone tell me where I can find the toggle for fizzy invigorating tonic?

The UR script crashes mafia every time it's called because "fizzy invigorating tonic is disabled" and "[can] not fully restore MP for some reason."

Bale

Minion
I fixed the bug that Winterbay found. Sorry about that!

Could anyone tell me where I can find the toggle for fizzy invigorating tonic?

Adventure Tab -> HP/MP Usage. Or else use the relay script.

Universal recovery v 3.81 released!

Changelog:
version 3.81 March 1, 2011
  • Fixed bug with using MMJ when you can't buy any and are running out.

Last edited:

icon315

Seems that when Tongue of the Otter is cast, the script stops trying to restore hp....I think mafia automatically casts TotO automatically for some reason

Code:
You lose 17 hit points
Casting Tongue of the Otter 1 times...
You gain 19 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Otter was successfully cast.

Winterbay

You probably have Mafia set to autoremove malignant effects, which it will then do and this might interfere with UR.

Bale

Minion
Yeah, sometimes I think that this script should come with a big red warning label to change that setting in mafia. I'd have my script change it, but it is a global setting that effects characters who might not be using the recovery script.

Now that I'm handling some of the most troublesome malignant effects, perhaps I should turn it off and the heck with anyone who only uses the script for some of his characters?

So, I have a few superseltzers and no other mp-restoratives, but it won't restore my MP at all because I turned off invigorating tonic.

?????