Universal Recovery Script

AlbinoRhino

What's your current class? Do you have MMJs in your inventory? If you have no access to the MMj store, have you set it to use MMJs from inventory even though you don't have this access?

Level 12 Accordion Thief, 23 MMJ in inventory. "Use MMJ in stock, even if it cannot be purchased this ascension" is checked in the relay script prefs.

AlbinoRhino

If you are in-run, UR will first consider any item that is already in your inventory, to avoid using meat. It sorts the restorative you already have, weeding out only those which would restore more than your max MP, and using those which give the most MP first (so they are not wasted).

The goal is to get your MP over the target specified, not to restore to exactly the target amount.

Well, that makes sense. I guess it is calculating that these are cheaper than MMJ ? I saw it use a carbonated lily as well.

Restoring MP! Currently at 177 of 178 HP, 13 of 153 MP, current meat: 18849 ... Target MP = 23.
Using 1 carbonated water lily...
You gain 65 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 carbonated water lily.

Bale

Minion
Well, that makes sense. I guess it is calculating that these are cheaper than MMJ ? I saw it use a carbonated lily as well.

Not that. It is because you're still in-run. That means resources are valuable and it should try to use whatever it can to ensure you get the most use out of your inventory.

This means if it sees an opportunity to use a high restoration item like soy milk it will do so in preference to lower restoration MMJ simply because an opportunity to get maximum use out of the soy milk might not be common.

Edit: Ninja'ed by slyz!

Bale

Minion
BTW, Thanks to KoL's revamp of Cobb's Knob there is a bug right now. Purchase of seltzer might not be working right now since the script has no way to know if you got the laboratory password. Fortunately there is a simple work-around.

If you have the KGE outfit, please put it on and adventure once in the Barracks to get the password. Then, even though you don't need the outfit, you'll need to keep it in inventory so that this script knows you have the password.

Hopefully KoLmafia will soon keep track of you having the password. Then you'll be able to feed the outfit to your slimeling after getting the password. 'Till then, please forebear.

Bale

Minion
Fixed the script to account for KoL's changes to the Knob Store, now the Dispensary. This update requires KoLmafia r9054 or better. Proudly I can even take credit for the update to KoLmafia.

Universal recovery v 3.79 released!

Changelog:
version 3.79 February 17, 2011
  • KoL changed the dispensary. This update requres r9054 or better.
  • Will not try to heal between stages of Ed the Undying or the Naughty Sorceress.

Last edited:

quechanmok

Whilst adventuring today, I kept getting this error in my gCLI:
"Division by zero (Universal_recovery.ash, line 688)"
I do not know if this is something I did or not. I did not modify the script.

zarqon

Try typing "set recoveryScript_map_v2.txt =" in the CLI and running it again. The Map Manager was momentarily down for a wee bit of maintenance, which meant that the data file of restoratives was empty. That is something that should be fixed in ZLib -- if the server is down, don't update the map to nothing!

Took me a while to find that setting because Bale doesn't use the "map_" prefix which all the other Map Manager files use. Grrr.

AlbinoRhino

Sorry, but this script isn't going to access the clan stash at all. Since mafia won't tell me if your character is karma-exempt, or if you've switched clans, I'm not even going to try. It would be unnecessarily difficult and awkward to implement.

Couldn't there be an option in the relay script to turn stash use on and off at the player's discretion ?

Bale

Minion
Couldn't there be an option in the relay script to turn stash use on and off at the player's discretion ?

I'd do that if there was a way to avoid it being buggy. I don't want to implement a feature which is impossible to implement correctly. I'd need mafia to track clan hopping and pass me information on karma status. That's why I posted code for fronobulax to patch his own copy here, but refused to support it.

AlbinoRhino

I'd do that if there was a way to avoid it being buggy. I don't want to implement a feature which is impossible to implement correctly. I'd need mafia to track clan hopping and pass me information on karma status. That's why I posted code for fronobulax to patch his own copy here, but refused to support it.

OK. Thanks.

I have a question about the logic of the hot tub use again. If I am looking at this correctly, it waits until the last 40 or 50 advs or so before it starts trying to use them up. It tries to use 1 for each 10 advs. However, if (like today, for me) you don't require healing within those last adventures, the hot tub uses still go to waste.

Perhaps I am reading the code wrong, but some issue is still causing hot tub uses to remain unused, at times.

Theraze

It uses the hot tub if:
a) You're beaten up.
b) You're currently at less than 1/8th of max health.
c) You're running out of adventures.

What Jason is saying is... how can you predict when the first two will happen? With the exception of only ever adventuring safely, which isn't great for relative returns, you can't guarantee that...

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, how exactly do you know the cut-off? Maybe I'll play balls-to-the-wall each and every turn, maybe I'll use the sign gym my last 100 turns.