Universal Recovery Script

Alhifar

Any chance for a check to not attempt to buy/use items with 'b' in the name while in beecore? While UR was able to restore still, it did waste a little meat on buying some black cherry soda it couldn't use this run.

Winterbay

It does that already, or should at least:
Code:
if(my_path() == "Bees Hate You")
	foreach it in heal
		if(it.to_string().to_lower_case().index_of("b") != -1)
			remove heal[it];

Edit:
also it should not do that...
Code:
case black_market_available() && my_path() != "Bees Hate You":
	return to_string(80.0/ heal[$item[black cherry soda]].avemp);

SOmething confused Mafia about your bhy-status I think.

Theraze

Another Bees Hate You thing:
Using 2 mummy wrapping...
You acquire an item: really thick bandage
Finished using 2 mummy wrapping.
Using 2 mummy wrapping...
You acquire an item: really thick bandage
Finished using 2 mummy wrapping.
Using 2 really thick bandage...
You are too scared of Bs
Any chance of applying something like the zlib be_good function to the final healing product?

Raijinili

I'm regenerating MP every turn (with Sauceslinging), and the script keeps using items to restore HP (tiny house, phonics down) instead of just casting. How about a setting that uses MP to heal if above Mafia's mana burning setting?

Bale

Minion
Is there any way to prioritize the hot tub and/or nuns for HP healing? They are limited uses per day but also free.

The script checks the number of adventures (and your ability to consume more food/booze/spleen) to decide if it should start using the hot tubs more often.

Strangely I never implemented this for the nuns either. I should definitely do that.

Another Bees Hate You thing:Any chance of applying something like the zlib be_good function to the final healing product?

Already fixed this in my local copy. I figured that it was a low priority since it will continue on after making a useless bandage. I'll roll that out when I fix the above issue.

I'm regenerating MP every turn (with Sauceslinging), and the script keeps using items to restore HP (tiny house, phonics down) instead of just casting. How about a setting that uses MP to heal if above Mafia's mana burning setting?

I'm not entirely sure of your request... You want a setting to turn off restoration items? I'm not sure what you mean by " uses MP to heal if above Mafia's mana burning setting".

Rinn

Developer
I assume he wants to always use hp restore skills if his current mp is greater then the amount in which mafia would start burning mp on buffs, instead of using items even if the cost effectiveness is less since he's generating an excess of mp in combat.

xKiv

I assume he wants to always use hp restore skills if his current mp is greater then the amount in which mafia would start burning mp on buffs, instead of using items even if the cost effectiveness is less since he's generating an excess of mp in combat.

That makes sense: "consider all MP above X mp to be effectively free, since I expect to lose it if I don't use it"

Especially if all extendable buffs are already at limit and the cost of summoning libram items is already above max MP.

Bale

Minion
Does it recognize pokemann band-aids as healing items? I haven't seen it try to use one.

Should it? They give damage reduction, not just healing. Wouldn't it be a waste if they were used for healing instead of as protection before fighting The Man?

Perhaps I should add an option to enable them?

Especially if all extendable buffs are already at limit and the cost of summoning libram items is already above max MP.

Jeez. Should I really check all that? If someone in ronin has so much spare MP to have accomplished that, she should hardly care if a few healing items get used. My motivation went down to about 1%.

Last edited:

quamper

Should it? They give damage reduction, not just healing. Wouldn't it be a waste if they were used for healing instead of as protection before fighting The Man?
Perhaps I should add an option to enable them?

That would be great as a configurable option.

xKiv

Jeez. Should I really check all that? If someone in ronin has so much spare MP to have accomplished that, she should hardly care if a few healing items get used. My motivation went down to about 1%.

Does recovery script fire before or after mana burning?
If it's after, you had mafia already check for all that. If that MP could have been used to extend buffs or summon, it was used and is no longer above mana burning threshold.
If it's before ... then it doesn't matter if the "free" MP is used on buffs (which I *want* to extend) or healing, since the other will use some resources too and it still makes sense to look for resources that are more meat effective than MP is.

Raijinili

I was regenerating MP in Hardcore, and due to elemental weakness. Later in the run, I might not be able to do the same.

The only thing you need to check is whether recovery is part of mana burning, I think. Meaning that Mafia would need an option to specify calling recovery during mana burning.

So maybe what's needed is a "recover HP with MP" function, and let Mafia make the decision whether or not to call it.

Bale

Minion
Unfortunately mafia does not have that feature. I cannot tell if mafia is recovering for moods or someone clicked a hp/mp link in the relay browser.

Raijinili

My point is, there would have to be a change both in the script and in Mafia.

Or, actually, Mafia can implement the logic by itself.

roippi

Developer
Somebody brought up a point over on GD...

How will UR value war restoratives if autoSatisfyWithCoinmasters=true?

Bale

Minion
Why should it do anything? I'm not going to assume that the player won't want to purchase boomboxen/macrame net. He'll have to purchase them himself if he wants my script to use them.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well...

filthy poultices/gauze garters for HP
carbonated soy milk/Monstar energy drinks for MP

boomboxes & macrame nets are not restoratives.

The HP and MP restoratives are powerful, though.

Does your script look at restoratives you have in inventory? Does it consider buying restoratives you DON'T have in inventory - and if so, how does it decide if it is worthwhile to do so? Does it look at mall prices? What about NPC items - like Doc Galaktik? And if it buys them, does it use "acquire" or "buy"?

If the former, KoLmafia will look at coinmasters before the mall and will trade 2 or 3 (for HP or MP restoratives, respectively) dimes or quarters to get them.
If you use "buy", that will always go spend meat somewhere not coin masters. The API is not there yet, but I will probably have "trade" or something for them.