Universal Recovery Script

Bale

Minion
You're not the first person who has had a problem with that option. I think I might remove it from my next release despite the wishes of everyone who convinced me to add it in the first place. I just have trouble believing that it does anyone any good.

Winterbay

Not in HC they shouldn't, well I mean if you go and find them you are by definition in a suboptimal HC run anyway so... :)
Also, the books area nice restorers as well, but I guess none of this will be added until the items themselves gets their effects added to Mafia's database which they are not (they do not show up in my restoration section of the item manager at least).

Not in HC they shouldn't, well I mean if you go and find them you are by definition in a suboptimal HC run anyway so... :)
Also, the books area nice restorers as well, but I guess none of this will be added until the items themselves gets their effects added to Mafia's database which they are not (they do not show up in my restoration section of the item manager at least).

Yeah, I am in a HC run.. post NS, pre free-ing the king. Hunting honey and isotopes, so I need to use these restores.

slyz

Developer
Have they even been spaded yet? The KoL wiki just says "You gain 89 hit points." for the medi-pack and "MP You gain 45-50 Mana points." for the magi-pack.

Bale

Minion
As slyz says. I considered adding ridiculously preliminary stats for them, but... It can afford to wait a few days until I actually know how much they restore.

retracell

Is there anyway to add in "Sleeping Near The Enemy" as a way of recovering? I'm doing bad moon and it's a lazy and cheap way of healing.

Bale

Minion
How did I not know about that adventure?!

Question: Will that occur every time you are in uniform and already know the password? Does it have any other requirements? Any other drawbacks?

retracell

I didn't know about it until recently when reading HoD's Bad Moon guide. :x

I'm pretty sure those are the only conditions and drawbacks for the adventure.
Edit: But standard Unbeaten Up condition still applies.

Bale

Minion
Well then, it would make sense to use that under the following conditions:

• You have set UR to recover in the campground even if it uses an adventure
  • Equipping KGE does not lower max HP&MP
  • You are not beaten up

I'll have to consider adding that feature.

Here's a kind of odd feature request.. maybe Bale can think of a better way to do this. I have some accounts that farm in aftercore. I use lots of disco moves and so chew up mana even with the abacus.
After I use the nuns 3 times, I often need to switch out my pants for some square sponge pants to keep the mana from going down after that point. Is there some way with maybe a zlib variable that
you could trigger either an equipment or outfit change after the nuns have been used 3 times? Is this too esoteric? It would save me a lot of headache if it were do-able somehow.

slyz

Developer
You could do that with a mood:
Code:
Trigger on: unconditional
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) equip( $item[square sponge pants] );

You could do that with a mood:
Code:
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) equip( $item[square sponge pants] );

Embedding ash in moods. Slyz you have made my day!

Bale

Minion
WHOA! That will not work. At the end of mood management it will switch back into the original pants. To fix it you'd need to do this:

Code:
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) equip( $item[square sponge pants] ); cli_execute("checkpoint clear");

WHOA! That will not work. At the end of mood management it will switch back into the original pants. To fix it you'd need to do this:

Code:
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) equip( $item[square sponge pants] ); cli_execute("checkpoint clear");

So of course I noticed the problem.. it was swapping back to my original pants. I put in this fix, and it does appear to work, however every turn I see between combats:

Checkpoints cleared.

Is this a problem that it's happening every turn? For example, let's say that a mood causes a piece of equipment to be worn temporarily for MP cost reduction.
Would the gear be left on?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
When Mafia executes your mood, it does an internal checkpoint with your outfit, so it can switch back to the gear you were using for adventuring. The way to get past that was to add a CLI "checkpoint clear" command, which helpfully prints that message.

To avoid having the message every time mafia executes the mood, change the command to:
Code:
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) {equip( $item[square sponge pants] ); cli_execute("checkpoint clear");}
so that the "checkpoint clear" is only called when the equipment change occurs.

When Mafia executes your mood, it does an internal checkpoint with your outfit, so it can switch back to the gear you were using for adventuring. The way to get past that was to add a CLI "checkpoint clear" command, which helpfully prints that message.

To avoid having the message every time mafia executes the mood, change the command to:
Code:
Command: ashq if ( get_property("nunsVisits").to_int() == 3 && equipped_item($slot[pants]) != $item[square sponge pants] ) {equip( $item[square sponge pants] ); cli_execute("checkpoint clear");}
so that the "checkpoint clear" is only called when the equipment change occurs.

Thanks !! The extra curly braces did the trick..

Last edited: