Universal Recovery Script

Crowther

I'd never checked "Prefer using inventory instead of mall, regardless of value". I'd never run the GUI at all. After running it for the first time, "baleUr_UseInventoryInMallmode" is now set to false. So I guess my problem is I'm too much of a command line guy. Personally, I think things should default correctly without the GUI, but that's not my problem any more. Thanks for the help!

Winterbay

I think that if you read a non-existing preference and convert it to a boolean it is automatically set to false so that shouldn't really be a problem...

jwylot

Just curious. I'm finishing an AT Bad Moon run and UR seems to prefer using the outrageous Doc Galactic over Herb's medicinal herbs even though I have the herbs checked. Is this to conserve spleen which I have no real use for?

slyz

Developer
Try removing "&& my_primestat() == $stat[muscle]" on line 1067. It should probably go anyway since use_herb takes that into account.

Also know that UR will only use full heal items if you have less than "my_maxhp() / 6" HP, or if you can't reach your target HP with whatever you have available in your inventory.

jwylot

Thanks Slyz. It might be better to have UR conform more rigidly to character restore preferences on herbs (looks hopefully at Bale). AT has access to herbs as well as the muscle classes and it's rather a corner case anyway since using spleen for HP restore is only something one would want if it wasn't required for anything else. Also, in a BM run, meat is pretty precious and I'd much sooner use my spleen before spending on the good Doc.

Bale

Minion
So you're saying that someone would only check that preference if they had no access to other spleen items? Maybe. Or maybe I should check if the character is in possession of a spleen familiar or pulverize?

jwylot

Checking for pulv and no spleen familiar would certainly cover the BM case although killing the GMOB for pollen would be one exception and I imagine that would be cumbersome to cater for. Also a 100% run with a non-spleen familiar would throw things even with pulv as you are unlikely to score any wads until level 10 which is why I thought throwing responsibility on the user by honouring the preference might be easiest to implement.

Raijinili

Instant Karma/air.

I agree, MHMH is something you wouldn't check if you needed the spleen.

Edit: Also, I forget why it's using casts when casts aren't checked in the Mafia interface.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Because it uses items which it makes sense to use, even those that are not explicitly listed by Mafia. There is a datafile in your /data folder that lists all items it considers.

Bale

Minion
I think I'll make herbs more proactive if you've got it checked. That does make sense. I'm also making it get much more proactive if you use the hidden setting baleUr_AlwaysContinue.

Raijinili

No, casts are in the Mafia interface, but I left it unchecked.

I've never seen wait() cause a pause in chat. And he specifically stated in post 1231 that it is not paused because he needs an update. Let's wait for Raijinili to give us more information before jumping to conclusions.
Sorry, I forgot about this. I mean that I know that it's paused because of lack of updates, but that the pause seems to be causing unexpected behavior in chat. I'm not complaining about the pause occurring, I'm talking about an unexpected side-effect.

Haven't been pausing recently, so no confirmation.

Bale

Minion
No, casts are in the Mafia interface, but I left it unchecked.
UR does not care. It assumes there is no reason to ever ignore that item. The first post in this thread spells out exactly which items are optional. All other recovery items will be used if this script thinks they are good for you. If you want to be even clearer, then use the relay browser script.

Sorry, I forgot about this. I mean that I know that it's paused because of lack of updates, but that the pause seems to be causing unexpected behavior in chat. I'm not complaining about the pause occurring, I'm talking about an unexpected side-effect.

That sounds like a mafia bug if wait() causes a side-effect in chat. Please report the bug.

Raijinili

UR does not care. It assumes there is no reason to ever ignore that item. The first post in this thread spells out exactly which items are optional. If you want to be even clearer, then use the relay browser script.
I want to save them for combat, in emergencies. I've already checked the relay.
That sounds like a mafia bug if wait() causes a side-effect in chat. Please report the bug.
Cannot reproduce right now. Just tried fudging the version, and no chat side-effect.

Raijinili

If you want to make MHMH more "safe", you can make an option to set a limit on how many times the script can use MHMH a day. For example, a non-Oxy with only a spleen familiar and no Pulverize might not care about 3 of his/her spleen.

Pyren

Minor error in 3.86 -

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.
Unable to cure beaten up! Go sewer or adventure someplace wussier.
Restoring HP! Currently at 14 of 126 HP, 98 of 129 MP, current meat: 10512 ... Target HP = 126.
Using 1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic healing.

Is what it thought happened, but I didn't actually have a scroll of drastic healing to use, so I didn't get healed.

Bale

Minion
Whenever I see one of my scripts has new responses I look at who made the last post before I even click on the thread. A third of the time that name is slyz, so I know that someone had a problem and a reasonable answer was already given. That's why he's a minion. :)