TheSea.ash - Automated Underwater Quests

Theraze

Yep. That's what I have in my current version, but with it being in a switch block, I feel kinda bad about not breaking out. Oh well. :) We'll see when there's something worth bumping version slightly. And/or when I get to test it along with the Grandma-mafia-autostop-quit-avoidance. :)

syrinxlui

I misinterpreted the lasso training message to mean I was supposed to both train the lasso AND lasso the sea horse myself. So I think that totally messed up the internal tracker. Whups.

Theraze

If you catch the sea horse yourself, this:
Code:
		if ((seafloor.contains_text("corrala.gif") || seafloor.contains_text("corralb.gif")) && !otherquests.contains_text("You have tamed the mighty seahorse"))
will return false, since otherquests WILL contain text that you've tamed the seahorse. At that point, it goes on to the outfit quest switching... which only has content if you've set it to 2, currently.

Since I haven't heard of mafia having tracking for the various bits of gladiator-dom, I've limited to semi-automation of the scholars, where I make it possible for you to answer the dreadscroll but, since mafia doesn't store the values, don't do it for you. If we get a definite "mafia will never track those" then we'll do messy code to do the various things, but it's sounded as if that's more that devs are busy and may get to it someday, so... waiting there.

But yeah, set the outfitquest to 2 for now and then it should keep going. :)

Theraze

Okay, done some testing and now we have 1.6 out.

This version includes not aborting on finding Grandma. Yay! We avoid this by doing a messy while-loop checking that we still have adventures (at least 2, because... eh, lazy) and that the last saved Monkee is Grandpa (gpa for the map name). This does a single extra server hit, but avoids a bunch by not needing to fully rerun the script and reload the questlog when we don't need it, etc.

Also, moved the unreachable code into its own function, prepHatred() which will get you maximized up and ready for the boss fight. This should be primestat-aware... mysticality classes just need spell damage, muscle need a melee weapon and shield and as much elemental damage as they can get, and moxie need a ranged weapon with elemental damage. Tested and my turtle tamer was able to attack with weapon the boss and win. More yay!

Also made the getsome function check first if we already have enough. If so, don't muck about with aBPL or try to retrieve_item, since we already have it.

Until either mafia has more clue-tracking or I finish my next 3 ascensions (SC, AT, DB - probably in that order, but we'll see), no major changes planned since it works to get you up to the manual-stage of the Hatred quest. Might throw in a startHatred() function to begin the Hatred fight, but... eh, we'll see. Heh.

Winterbay

If you have the script set to fax in a flytrap and that flytrap fails to drop the wriggling flytrap pellet the script does not move on to try and find the pellet the normal way. Is this intended or is the fact that the faxed flytrap failed to drop the pellet something that shouldn't happen?

Theraze

If you fail to get it in 15 faxed Neptune Flytraps, something went stupidly wrong and you need to do... something else. :)

Winterbay

Well, it faxed one and fought it, then it looped 14 more times trying to use the faxed monster which it had already used up and then gave up.

ETA:
From the session log:
Code:
> Finding Little Brother in the Octopus's Garden.

fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster
 > MCD: none has no known combats.

use 1 photocopied monster

[1038] photocopied monster
Encounter: Neptune flytrap
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
You lose 116 hit points
 > 1 HP costs 0,134μ. ( 503, / 640 )
 > 1 MP costs 2,714μ. ( 70, / 326 )
 > WHAM: You have no profitable MP restoratives.
 > WHAM: You have no profitable HP restoratives.
 > WHAM: Monster HP is 711.0.
 > WHAM: Running SmartStasis
 > WHAM: SmartStasis complete.
 > WHAM: SS did not finish the fight, continuing with script execution. 
 > WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
 > Auto-funk: merging 'use 3388' and 'use 4208'.
 > Auto-funk: merging 'use 3109' and 'use 3112'.
 > WHAM: Enqueuing a stun to help with the battle
 > WHAM: Enqueueing Zombo's empty eye (macroid use 3388).
 > WHAM: Enqueueing skate skates (macroid use 4208).
 > Auto-funk: merging 'use 3388' and 'use 4208'.
 > WHAM: Enqueueing Thrust-Smack (macroid skill 1003).
 > WHAM: Enqueueing Miniborg stomper (macroid use 3109).
 > WHAM: Enqueueing Miniborg beeper (macroid use 3112).
 > Auto-funk: merging 'use 3109' and 'use 3112'.
 > WHAM: Enqueueing attack with your weapon (macroid attack).
 > WHAM: Enqueueing Gnomitronic Hyperspatial Demodulizer (macroid use 2848).
 > WHAM: We are going to 11-shot with Entangling Noodles, Zombo's empty eye, skate skates, Thrust-Smack, Miniborg stomper, Miniborg beeper, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and Gnomitronic Hyperspatial Demodulizer.
Round 1: winterbay executes a macro!
Round 1: winterbay casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: winterbay uses the Zombo's empty eye and uses the skate skates!
Round 3: neptune flytrap takes 200 damage.
Round 3: neptune flytrap drops 44 attack power.
Round 3: neptune flytrap drops 37 defense.
Round 3: neptune flytrap takes 287 damage.
Round 3: winterbay casts THRUST-SMACK!
Round 4: neptune flytrap takes 153 damage.
Round 4: winterbay uses the Miniborg stomper and uses the Miniborg beeper!
Round 5: neptune flytrap takes 19 damage.
Round 5: neptune flytrap takes 24 damage.
You lose 17 hit points
Round 5: winterbay attacks!
Round 6: neptune flytrap takes 17 damage.
You lose 111 hit points
Round 6: winterbay attacks!
Round 7: neptune flytrap takes 16 damage.
Round 7: winterbay wins the fight!
You gain 5 hit points
You gain 5 Muscularity Points
After Battle: Tobert wiggles her pectoral fins seductively. Good lord, that sounds like the opening line of the worst Free Willy fanfic ever.
You acquire an item: flytrap pellet
You gain 64 Strongness
You gain 25 Enchantedness
You gain 31 Cheek
 > Look! You found 1 flytrap pellet (1 105,μ)!

fax receive
You acquire an item: photocopied monster

cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Leash of Linguini
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith
You acquire an effect: Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Rage of the Reindeer
You acquire an effect: Rage of the Reindeer (duration: 10 Adventures)

mall.php?category=allitems&consumable_byme=0&weaponattribute=3&wearable_byme=0&nolimits=0&max_price=0&sortresultsby=price&justitems=0&x_cheapest=10&pudnuggler=%22Knob+Goblin+eyedrops%22

buy 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops for 200 each from The Knob Dispensary
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin eyedrops
You spent 200 Meat

use 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops
You acquire an effect: Peeled Eyeballs (duration: 10 Adventures)
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 380 of 640 HP, 31 of 326 MP, current meat: 20123405 ... Target HP = 640.
 > Restoring MP! Currently at 380 of 640 HP, 31 of 326 MP, current meat: 20123405 ... Target MP = 33.

cast 1 Summon Love Song
You acquire an item: love song of icy revenge

postwarisland.php?place=nunnery&pwd&action=nuns
You gain 260 hit points
You gain 324 Muscularity Points

cast 1 Summon BRICKOs
You acquire BRICKO brick (3)

cast 1 Summon Resolutions
You acquire an item: resolution: be happier

cast 1 Summon Candy Hearts
You acquire an item: white candy heart

cast 1 Rage of the Reindeer
You acquire an effect: Rage of the Reindeer (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith
You acquire an effect: Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Leash of Linguini
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 10 Adventures)

> You have failed to get the wriggling flytrap pellet in 15 attempts, or ran out of adventures.
> You have already completed the Skate Park quest.
> We need to find Grandma before we can continue on our grand adventure.
> Something went very wrong with your Old Guy and The Ocean quest.

Last edited:

Theraze

I've obviously never used the fax machine, because I'm lazy. :) In the wrong way.

So... is there a limit to how many times people can use the fax machine? I thought people could just do fax get and get another copy off as long as the fax machine still has that monster set... not true?

Theraze

Bah, okay. I'll make it only fight once and then drop over to regular fighting. So it's there for people who want to olfact, but not really useful for people who think they can guarantee it in a single fight. :)

Edit: Done. 1.6.1 should avoid faxing if you already have the wriggler or have already used up your fax today, and do the normal fight-series if you don't have it after that check.

Last edited:

Winterbay

The interesting thing is that I've run this script 8 or 9 times and this is the first time the faxing has failed for me :)

Theraze

Yeah, I've run it to completion 40-50 times now and, well, never faxed once. :D But hey, should work now. Heh.[sub][sup]
Also, there's a new smiteHatred() function that should be able to get Yog-urt to where you just need to elemental her down to dead, post healing. Use or ignore as you choose.[/sup][/sub]

Winterbay

Yeah, I've run it to completion 40-50 times now and, well, never faxed once. :D But hey, should work now. Heh.[SUB][SUP]
Also, there's a new smiteHatred() function that should be able to get Yog-urt to where you just need to elemental her down to dead, post healing. Use or ignore as you choose.[/SUP][/SUB]

I'm going to try with the WHAM_dev-version of Yog-Urt-fighting first to see if it actually works :)

Theraze

Yeah. It mainly does the temple, 3 choice adventure steps, and the 8 thrown items (6 healing, 2 deleveller) to get the fight to easy. But if WHAM can make it pretty, so much the better. :)

xKiv

theraze said:
So... is there a limit to how many times people can use the fax machine? I thought people could just do fax get and get another copy off as long as the fax machine still has that monster set... not true?

Nope, once per day only. Tracked by the _photocopyUsed property.

Well, as the name of the property suggests, you can still fax another copy, just not fight it.
(for example, if you want to fax the same thing every day, you can bootstrap it from faxbot, get your copy, fight it, get another copy - and then every day repeat: put your copy into fax, get it back, fight it, get another copy)

Theraze

Yeah... not really hugely useful for our purposes though. :D Anyways, if some brainwave hits, we'll pop a new release with... something. Else we're probably going to be in a code freeze for the next few weeks while I happily collect my SC/DB/AT Hatred pieces. And then either collect a second set, or go into the gladiators. We'll see. :)

But I think, barring using the non-combat queue to detect when we find Grandma, that we're about as efficient as we can easily be. Since the noncombat queue IS in the last point release, we'll probably shift to that to save server hits at some point here, but... eh. Testing. Which means I need to finish getting through SC first. :D

syrinxlui

This seems weird. Why is it purchasing bone spurs?

> call scripts\TheSea.ash

Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
Running TheSea.ash version: 1.6.1 (current)
Internal checkpoint created.
Searching for "bone spurs"...
Search complete.
Stopped purchasing bone spurs @ 3,750,000.
Using cached search results for bone spurs...
You need 1 more bone spurs to continue.
You need 1 more bone spurs to continue.

Theraze

Great question. We obtain a knucklebone, but that's the only bone or spur we do anything with. Did you set an outfit or custom equipment that involved bone spurs possibly? Your quote has no context for where you were at in the execution, so it appears most likely that you'd set either a seafloor_maximizeString or seafloor_outfit that involved bone spurs somehow, since that's the first bit of running...