The Unofficial Ascend.ash support thread.

Ranrar

Thanks for the update.

Update to EatDrink
The second change may address the problem Ranrar was reporting above. If you fail to drink and are already over the limit then it will stop looking for more things to drink. .

I'm worried here because that is not really the bug I was reporting. I had the script overdrink me from 0 drunk to 22 drunk while calling it with inebriety_limit() and overdrink set to false. Specifically it drank 3 sangria del diablos and then a rocking wagon. 22 drunk is a harsh way to start out the FoB. ;) Sorry if I was unclear there.

I've used the old version of this script a lot and have never had this happen. Also, it sounds like the same thing happened to Deathless Assassin the same day it happened to me.

I (very gingerly) tried the new version today. It worked great but was picking grogtini's instead of diablos.

edit: Another successful run today. gorgtini's again

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'm worried here because that is not really the bug I was reporting. I had the script overdrink me from 0 drunk to 22 drunk while calling it with inebriety_limit() and overdrink set to false. Specifically it drank 3 sangria del diablos and then a rocking wagon. 22 drunk is a harsh way to start out the FoB. ;) Sorry if I was unclear there.
:eek:

I'm not sure if I barked up the wrong tree or not. Let me think about things in connection with FOB. We can always pull out the addition if it seems to be a concern. I thought the problem was trying to drink again when you were already over the limit. The code didn't detect a failure when KoL wouldn't let you drink and so EatDrink kept looping to find something to drink. Note that on the fourth pass EatDrink uses 99999 as the max inebriety which may also be a factor.

EatDrink is sensitive to mall prices so that may explain why today's menu is not yesterdays. Also, and this will effect EatDrink and Farm, the mall price fetch and update process may have a problem. The practical effect is that the historical prices the scripts operate on will be incorrect to the point of being useless.

Confederateyak

I realize this has nothing to do with the support of Ascend.ash but, with donation, is it still possible to receive the password to the files? Thanks.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I realize this has nothing to do with the support of Ascend.ash but, with donation, is it still possible to receive the password to the files? Thanks.

Yes. Then come over here and pick up updates. Hopefully the existence of this thread will keep you from being too frustrated with the support. Interesting name. Anything to do with United States history?

Ranrar

Let me think about things in connection with FOB.

A clannie suggested that it was possible that since Mafia updates drunkenness from the side panel that the inherent lag from FoB could have let Mafia feed the script incorrect info and cause this error. I have no idea... just throwing stuff out there.

Anyway, we are at three days and counting of no overdrink, no looping successful runs. All on grogtinis. Maybe we can convince the markets to cheapen up diablos enough to test them? I'll go start a thread about how grogtinis are unoptimal... :p

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Well, my test multi is finally trying the level 11 quest. As reported elsewhere Ascend does not work with the latest version of MacGuffin. I have a one line edit that solves the mechanical problem but I'm not certain that is all that is needed. PM me if you want the edit now otherwise I will post edited scripts when I have more experience with them.

zarqon

Tip for whoever wants to get Ascend to work with the current MacGuffin script: hiddencity.ash is no longer even used by MacGuffin.ash and is no longer needed. There is instead a hidden city function within MacGuffin.ash which completes the hidden city in a very efficient manner. You will, however, need something in your CCS for handling the spectres. I have "abort" at the moment.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. So far, the only change needed has been an edit because a function name changed. I'm not totally sure that Ascend took care of all the prerequisites for MacGuffin. (I thought, for example that the Spooky Temple had not been unlocked by Ascend but now I'm thinking what I saw was just a complete absence of RNG Love. I had to manually set a variable so that both scripts agreed upon which outfit to use if there was no compelling reason to wear something else). Ascend calls the quest components directly and does some Eat processing in between. If Ascend were totally mine, I'd be sorely tempted to set up the prerequisites and call MacGuffin directly. That eliminates the code duplication and makes a much clearer line between maintainers.

jamfan14

im getting this error when running ascend.ash - Function 'eatdrink( int, int, int, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, int, float, boolean, int, boolean, int, int, int, boolean, int, int, boolean, int )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia, and/or its supporting scripts. (Ascend.ash, line 61)

Im using daily build 8487. I believe I have all the updated files as well too. Any suggestions?

morgad

when you say the updated files, can you confirm you mean 2010_05_29.zip ?
(post #18 on previous page)

best regards
Dave

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
im getting this error when running ascend.ash - Function 'eatdrink( int, int, int, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean, int, float, boolean, int, boolean, int, int, int, boolean, int, int, boolean, int )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia, and/or its supporting scripts. (Ascend.ash, line 61)

Im using daily build 8487. I believe I have all the updated files as well too. Any suggestions?

I don't recall making/seeing any changes that would cause that error but the latest version of EatDrink is here. The message is most commonly seen when a file is expected in your scripts directory and it is not there. At the risk of insulting you by asking the obvious, is there a file named eatdrink.ash in your scripts directory? (Case shouldn't matter on Windows but try EatDrink.ash for any other operating system).

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
when you say the updated files, can you confirm you mean 2010_05_29.zip ?
(post #18 on previous page)

best regards
Dave

Yes. Get Ascend from here. Then get my password protected changes from here (which is 2010_05_29.zip) and then get an update to EatDrink from here. Unzip them and put them in your scripts directory in that order so that the newer files replace the older ones. Unless I am forgetting something, if Ascend uses someone else's script (such as zlib) I have included it in the zip file. At the moment Ascend will not automatically do the Level 11, MacGuffin quest using Zarqon's script. I have an unreleased one line change to Ascend that I am waiting to release because I have not seen the quest complete yet. Also there will probably be some issues with the Island War as well.

jamfan14

ok, I must have d/l'd conflicting/older script versions. Doing it in the order above seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks guys - I'm uberly noobish when it comes to scripting and mafia.

Fronobulax, I noticed that your modified version of EatDrink does not contain the avoid functionality that is in the latest version of dj_d's original script.

The two versions of eatdrink in the first post of dj_d's eatdrink thread are not the latest versions of eatdrink.

Since then, several bugs have been fixed and the avoid_particular_food functionality has been added. The most up to date version of dj_d's script, as far as I can tell, is located here. (This version does not contain a suppress no milk variable however).

I was going to test out your modified version of the script, but it immediately started consuming food that I had put on my avoid list.

The reason the avoid functionality was implemented was to prevent eatdrink from consuming essential quest items like the enchanted bean and wet stew and the like. For a script that automates ascension that sort of functionality seems essential.

Just a heads up. For now, I have reverted back to the version linked to above.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Fronobulax, I noticed that your modified version of EatDrink does not contain the avoid functionality that is in the latest version of dj_d's original script.
Thank you. My baseline version was the version dj_d had bundled in the Ascend zipfile and it had never even occurred to me that there would have been subsequent updates. I will try and do a merge and report back.

As for the never consume, I noticed that I ultimately had to farm for 10 goat cheese...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Status update.

Ascend is not behaving for me at the moment. I am getting a "blank page, complain to Jick" message but I cannot figure out where/why the offending URL is being called.

As noted above, there seems to have been a fork in the EatDrink source. I am trying to merge the branches back together but my first attempt turned up some unexpected behavior that I want to understand before I post a fix.

Zarqon's Macguffin and Wossname scripts aren't behaving as nicely as I would like with Ascend. I believe it is a parameter or configuration issue rather a problem with the scripts but...

If you've been merging eatdrink then that's probably what casued the problem. Check the boolean needakey logic in eatdrink because it is faulty and will cause a blank page error.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As noted above in this thread, I inadvertently forked the source for EatDrink. I believe the version attached to this post reunites the threads. In particular this version retains my changes to
  • optionally suppress the no milk prompt
  • stop trying to drink when over the limit
  • stop retrying an item once a failure to obtain it is observed
and it includes the ability to save items and not eat them as well as tweaking the value of key lime pies if you need keys.

It ran satisfactorily for a couple of days on three different characters so I expect it to work reasonably well ;)

Attachments

• EatDrink.ash
    57.7 KB · Views: 88

zarqon

What issues are you having integrating MacGuffin / Wossname? They need a wee bit of configuring (default auto-stops for Awkward/Spookyraven or turning in loot) on the user side, but otherwise they're fairly comprehensive.