New Content - Implemented The return of formerly extinct monsters

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
No one really loses out by fighting "broken" monsters, and these monsters will hardly ever be seen after people finish grabbing factoids. Jick/CDMoyer/whoever could spend time on this, but it would cut into time spent making some other content, and I can see them thinking it isn't worthwhile to spend the time on that. I expect that they don't actually have to work with the old code, it might have even been in the crimbo locations instead of for those monsters.

Also, the skill page revamp is an example of refactoring KoL code that works to make it easier to maintain.

Bale

Minion
Using r16191:

Code:
Monster #302 has name 'zombie clown' but Manuel calls it 'Zombie Clown'
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) has attack 19, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) has defense 17, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) has HP 15, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) 'Initiative +80%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'Zombie Clown' (302) has phylum horror, but KoLmafia says it is none

Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) has attack 41, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) has defense 36, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) has HP 30, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) 'Initiative +60%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) has element sleaze, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'zombie frat boy' (305) has phylum orc, but KoLmafia says it is none

Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has attack 41, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has defense 36, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has HP 30, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) 'Initiative +25%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has phylum hippy, but KoLmafia says it is none

Manuel says that 'Zombie Knob Goblin Assistant Chef' (299) has attack 2, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Knob Goblin Assistant Chef' (299) has HP 1, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Knob Goblin Assistant Chef' (299) 'Initiative +40%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Knob Goblin Assistant Chef' (299) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'Zombie Knob Goblin Assistant Chef' (299) has phylum goblin, but KoLmafia says it is none

Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) has attack 17, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) has defense 15, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) has HP 8, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) 'Initiative +60%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'zombie yeast beast' (304) has phylum undead, but KoLmafia says it is none

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
using r16198:

Code:
New monster #438 found in Manuel with name 'Arc-Welding Elfborg' image 'borgelf1.gif' attributes ='Atk: 0 Def: 0 HP: 80 Init: -10000 P: construct'
Manuel says that 'blade a-spinning' (646) 'Never wins initiative', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'blade a-spinning' (646) has phylum construct, but KoLmafia says it is none

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks. Revision 16199 adds that monster ID.

It also assumes that all elfborgs are "Atk: 0 Def: 0 HP: 80 Init: -10000 P: construct" and all critters in the Sinister Dodecahedron are "Atk: 0 Def: 0 HP: 0 Init: -10000 P: construct", since that seems to hold for all we've registered so far.

If some differ, when somebody gets one into Manuel, we'll log the discrepancy - and fix it.

In other news, Faustbot now has Happy, the Reindeer, for which we don't yet have the ID.

This is exciting stuff. I am glad that the current challenge path has no path reward, so I can ignore it with no qualms and just work on harvesting factoids!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just saw a note on G_D asking about monsters from Arborween, The Grim Grimacite Site, and the Skeleton Invasion.

Apparently, the Arborween trees previously had a restriction which made them ineligible, but upon being reminded (twice), Jick has fixed them and they should be available again. Yay! I've been looking for them ever since the Deck came out, including this morning, with no joy.

Jick was only reminded once about the Grim Grimacite Site, and did not fix those. (The player's explanation was "since bringing those back would 'crash the Grimacite market', that is obviously the reason." Since there were no such qualms about 'crashing the zombie pineal gland market', that is 'obviously' NOT the reason. I suspect that the actual reason is that Jick was not reminded twice. :))

Jick said "remind me in a few days about the Skeleton Invasion monsters". Cool. Perhaps he can get reminded again about the Grim Grimacite penguins again at that time. And maybe about the following, which I wonder why we've not seen:

7-foot Dwarf (Moiling) (Wiki says id 96 or 97)
7-foot Dwarf (Royale) (Wiki says id 96 or 97)
rock snake
wire-crossing elf

That last one had a quest item drop to advance the plot of Crimbo 2009, so, perhaps there is something special about it, too.
I have no explanation why we've not seen the rock snake, since lots of people have been pulling beasts.

Bale

Minion
KoLmafia v17.1 r16202

Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) has attack 38, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) has defense 33, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) has HP 21, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) 'Initiative +70%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'white zombie' (308) has phylum undead, but KoLmafia says it is none

Monster #302 has name 'zombie clown' but Manuel calls it 'Zombie Clown'
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has unrecognized image 'zomhippy.gif'
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has attack 41, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has defense 36, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has HP 30, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) 'Initiative +25%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'zombie hippy' (306) has phylum hippy, but KoLmafia says it is none

Yendor

New monster #432 found in Manuel with name 'gift-wrapping vampire' image 'crimonster5.gif' attributes ='Atk: 0 Def: 0 HP: 55 Init: -10000 P: undead'
Manuel says that 'Mob Penguin hitpenguin' (755) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'Mob Penguin hitpenguin' (755) 'Initiative +100%', but KoLmafia says it is 0

Cool12309

using r16208:

Code:
Manuel says that 'Mob Penguin racketeer' (754) scales, but KoLmafia doesn't
Manuel says that 'Mob Penguin racketeer' (754) 'Initiative +75%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'skeletal reindeer' (431) has HP 55, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'skeletal reindeer' (431) 'Never wins initiative', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'skeletal reindeer' (431) has phylum undead, but KoLmafia says it is none
Manuel says that 'Striking Factory-Worker Elf' (318) 'Never wins initiative', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Striking Factory-Worker Elf' (318) has phylum elf, but KoLmafia says it is none
Manuel says that 'Striking Middle-Management Elf' (319) 'Never wins initiative', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Striking Middle-Management Elf' (319) has phylum elf, but KoLmafia says it is none

Also, a few things about parsing Manuel pages:
Code:
Manuel says that 'Cool12309 the Adventurer' (1669) has unrecognized image 'otherimages/steamavatar5.gif'

That's the "Art T.B.D." avatar. Since it seems to use whatever avatar you have, perhaps it shouldn't check the image for you the Adventurer?

And for some reason, it couldn't parse my shadow's image
Code:
Manuel says that '(shadow opponent)' (210) has unrecognized image ''

edgy

r16215:
Code:
Bad item for monster "skeletal reindeer": Atk: 0 Def: 0 HP: 55 Init: -10000 P: undead

adeyke

Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has attack 130, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has defense 117, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has HP 150, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) 'Initiative +40%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has phylum undead, but KoLmafia says it is none

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has attack 130, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has defense 117, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has HP 150, but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) 'Initiative +40%', but KoLmafia says it is 0
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has element spooky, but KoLmafia says it has attack element none and defense element none
Manuel says that 'Zombie Goth Giant' (312) has phylum undead, but KoLmafia says it is none

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The blazing bat is in the fax network. Yea! I faxed one in and fought it - and Manuel did not pop up to tell me about it. So, no further monster stats from it.

Wiki has monster ID and attack and stats and resistances and such. Wonder how it got that info.

In any case, I reported a bug. We'll see if anybody cares.

Cool12309

The blazing bat is in the fax network. Yea! I faxed one in and fought it - and Manuel did not pop up to tell me about it. So, no further monster stats from it.

Wiki has monster ID and attack and stats and resistances and such. Wonder how it got that info.

In any case, I reported a bug. We'll see if anybody cares.

Looking at the data history I'm guessing the stats and resistances were obtained during the event (so they might not be 100% accurate), and the monster ID was probably in the monster ID twitch leak.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, what the heck. Revision 16225 uses the Wiki stats, which are believable. No response to my bug report yet, but if they do decide to do something with it, will verify stats later.

Yendor

New monster #862 found in Manuel with name 'fur tree' image 'shiv_fur.gif' attributes ='Scale: ? Cap: ? Floor: ? Init: -10000 P: plant'