The latest Daily Build

Theraze

Yep... ant jsmooth still builds an exe properly for me. Can't upload though, size rules and all that.

Yep... ant jsmooth still builds an exe properly for me. Can't upload though, size rules and all that.

Okay, so this is the method I use, but when comparing my running instance to a fellow user (who uses the latest jar) my version doesn't include the r# in the window frame.
Any way to fix that?

Braska

I've tried using jsmooth, but I just don't have enough know-how to figure out how to do the conversion. I did find a free trial of another program that was really simple though. Only problem is, you can only convert one program before having to pay.

@bordemstirs: Does it matter if the version number shows in the window frame? I really don't know if that affects anything or not.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It can affect your ability to report which version you're using if you want to post about something undesired happening with mafia.

Considering I'm compiling from the source code, I'm aware of which version I have... but it'd be nice to simply be able to look at the window then hunting down my kolmafia folder to check the revision. So I guess it's not essential, I'm just wondering what's being done differently between my compilation process and the one used by the higher-ups.

On another note... why is the default ANT file behavior to -delete- the jsmooth file?
I edited it not to do that, but it was rather inconvenient and confusing.

alphacow

Just because I like to share...

For those who:
- have svn and ant installed, and
- are using a Mac,
here's the script I use daily to (1) download and build the latest KoL flavor, (2) show all svn log entries from the last version I have on my computer until now, and (3) launch mafia. If you use it for yourselves you will almost certainly need to change the paths.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

dir=`pwd`
cd ~/Projects/KoLmafia/kolmafia/

echo "Downloading updates..."
oldrev=`svn info | grep Revision | sed 's/[^0-9]//g'`
svn update -q
newrev=`svn info | grep Revision | sed 's/[^0-9]//g'`

if [ $oldrev -lt $newrev ] ; then
	echo "Update downloaded, building..."
	ant -q
	rm /Applications/KoL/*.jar
	prog=`ls dist`
	mv dist/$prog /Applications/KoL/
	echo "Build complete. Accessing log..."
	svn log -r$oldrev:$newrev

else
	echo "No updates available."
fi

echo "Launching..."
cd /Applications/KoL/
prog=`ls *.jar`
open /Applications/KoL/$prog

cd $dir
echo "Done."

StDoodle

Minion
There hasn't been a new .exe for a while (issues with the auto-exe-build process), and since the forums were cleaned up a short while ago, none of the older stuff is there. For 99.9% of cases, using the jar is exactly like using the exe; or, if you really want an exe, Veracity will likely spin one manually for v14.4 in the next few days (I believe).

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
As soon as I get a chance to investigate an issue I was having with publishing the exe version I'll have it done been a bit busy with the holidays and work though.

Bale

Minion
fewyn is a pretty nervy owl. I mean, just look at that avatar. He's not the only horned owl in the world, but he's the only one with real horns! If he says he needs time I suggest we give it to him or else he'll go all Capital One on our asses.

Last edited:

Underfoot

Ah, thanks. The reason I'd want an .exe specifically is that Windows 7- at least, my copy of it- won't let me use .jar files in scheduled tasks.

Theraze

If you use Java or JavaW with the -jar Kolmafia.jar command line flag, you should still be able to schedule it.

Fluxxdog

fewyn is a pretty nervy owl. I mean, just look at that avatar. He's not the only horned owl in the world, but he's the only one with real horns! If he says he needs time I suggest we give it to him or else he'll go all Capital One on our asses.
Capital One? I guess we graduated from postal! I'm sure he knew I was joking. And besides, the bunny has me more creeped out. I don't have my cute resistance yet. Gah!