Bug - Fixed Rain Man summon adds monster to last location combat queue

Rinn

Developer
I've been looping a bunch of Heavy Rains runs to add monsters to my combat lover's locket and I just noticed this:
Code:
> ash $location[the middle chamber].combat_queue

Returned: tomb rat; tomb rat; tomb rat; tomb rat; tomb rat

...rain man summon of Sleaze Hobo...

> ash $location[the middle chamber].combat_queue

Returned: tomb rat; tomb rat; tomb rat; tomb rat; Sleaze hobo

I confirmed it's not actually in the combat queue by checking time spinner available monsters and it wasn't there, opposed to be gregarious that does add a monster in to a zone's combat queue and allows you to time-spinner fight something.

Rinn

Developer
I was directed here and I found some code that should be setting ignoreSpecialMonsters for rain man here, so it seems like this should be working? I think I may just add EncounterManager.isRainManEncounter() and check that. I'm getting the page text now to make sure the check is correct (edit: the text is correct).

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Not quite sure what to do here but it's because marking ignoreSpecialMonsters is being set *after* enqueue is run.
  1. AdventureRequest.registerEncounter
  2. enqueue monster under certain conditions
  3. EncounterManager.registerEncounter
  4. EncounterManager.recognizeEncounter
It looks like we may have the same issue with relativity monsters? Assuming that they don't go in the queue

gausie

Staff member
I suppose we move those two checks out of recognizeEncounter and up into AdventureRequest.registerEncounter. That looks like it shouldn't really affect anything

Erosion

I believe numberology frat also has this issue. Was having some weirdness with spooky forest delay and that's the only weird thing I did, judging by session log results.

gausie

Staff member
This is now fixed. Numberology is an annoying one that I'll have to do later - we'll need to identify somehow that the fight is sourced from numberology.

Erosion

This is now fixed. Numberology is an annoying one that I'll have to do later - we'll need to identify somehow that the fight is sourced from numberology.
Didn't see this message until now. You get the following when doing cli numberology 51:

cast 1 Calculate the Universe
[2] numberology 51
Encounter: War Frat 151st Infantryman
Round 0: the erosionseeker wins initiative!

Is that significantly harder to check for than rain man?

gausie

Staff member
Why don't you give it a go

gausie

Staff member
Actually sarcasm aside, I didn't spot we do a pseudolocation, so I'll take a look and see for that

gausie

Staff member
Nope, back to sarcasm. You give it a go