New Content - Implemented PVP Revamp

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thanks!

I used my (customized) script today and it worked great. I added some tweaks - like shrugging any AT song that is not in my special list, so as not to exceed the number of active songs - but I am happy enough with it that I will actually try it with the "flowers" command tomorrow, I think, rather than doing everything in the Relay Browser.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
PVP improvements:

1) We have default "win" and "lose" messages that you can set that will be submitted when a PVP fight is initiated. These are in the defaultFlowerLossMessage and defaultFlowerWinMessage settings. If you don't have them set, we randomly pick one of four defaults for each kind of message.

- I don't see a way to configure those text messages in Preferences. It would be nice to be able to do that.

KoL itself lets you specify default win/loss message, which are only used to prefill the text boxes on the Fight! page. Those are obviously stored somewhere, but are not visible in KoL's option pages

- KoL should let use see/configure those message on the Options page (bug report submitted)
- KoL should include those messages in api.php so we can read them at login and set our own settings from what the player has set on the server (bug report submitted)

2) The various PVP CLI commands could stand a little improvement.

"steal <mission> [<stance>]" invokes PvpManager.executePvpRequest( <mission>, <stance> ).

<mission> can be "flowers", "fame", or "loot".
<stance> can be "muscle", "mysticality", "moxie", or "ballyhoo"

"flowers" or "swagger" invokes PvpManager.executePvpRequest( "flowers", 0 ).

A stance of "0" means choose a stance based on your (currently) highest buffed stat

Either of those will use all of your remaining PVP fights on the chosen mission with the chosen stance.

- I would like the option to NOT use all of my remaining fights. I'd like to be able to do 5 fights for flowers and then issue another command to do 5 fights for loot, say. (A hypothetical example; since flowers are a mini-game this season, I want all flowers all the time, but you get the idea. I have certainly been attacked for fame and for loot, on occasion, so other people have different priorities). I think PvpManager.executePvpRequest( mission, stance ) should become PvpManager.executePvpRequest( fights, mission, stance ), with fights = 0 defaulting to "all remaining", as now.

I think the "flowers" command is fine as it is, calling PvpManager.executePvpRequest( 0, "flowers", 0 )
I would like the "steal" command to become

steal <fights> <mission> [<stance>]

and call PvpManager.executePvpRequest( fights, mission, stance )

- Now that we have a beforePVPScript which can change your buffs on the fly, selecting a default stance one time before the fight loop is probably not correct. We probably want something like:

Code:
while fighting
    run beforePVPScript
    if needToPickStance
        stance = pickStance
    fight!

3) PeeVPeeRequest.registerRequest() should do a little better at recognizing fights. I find the following less than satisfying:

peevpee.php?action=fight&place=fight&pwd&ranked=1&who=&stance=1&attacktype=flowers&winmessage=&losemessage=
You acquire an item: pretty flower
You gain a little swagger

peevpee.php?action=fight&place=fight&pwd&ranked=1&who=&stance=1&attacktype=flowers&winmessage=&losemessage=
You gain a little swagger

The first is a win. The second is a loss.

- It should pull out the mission and stance - and opponent, if any, and "ranked" (1 = normal random, 2 = harder random) - and log something other than the raw URL in the session log.
- In the CLI, we log

You won the PvP fight, 5 to 2!

or

You lost the PvP fight, 2 to 5!
You lost 80 Muscle
You lost 70 Mysticality
You lost 60 Moxie

Those things should also go into the session log, in my opinion.

- For amusement, I'd like to see who I attacked in the CLI/session log message. I'd like to see:

You attacked Bale and won the PvP fight, 5 to 2!
You attacked erTEST1 and lost the PvP fight, 0 to 7!

(Well, I wouldn't necessarily like to see those exact results, but you get the idea.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 11125 soups up the "steal" command:

steal [attacks] (flowers|fame|loot) [(muscle|mysticality|moxie|ballyhoo)]

"attacks" are optional - which makes this backwards compatible. If not specified, use all remaining PVP attacks. Otherwise, perform exactly as many as specified.

When automating a series of attacks, we now choose the "best" stat (if you did not specify it) each time in the loop after executing your beforePVPScript.

Bale

Minion
It is great that you are enjoying the PvP revamp or else mafia support would not be shaping up so nicely. Thank you.

- For amusement, I'd like to see who I attacked in the CLI/session log message. I'd like to see:

You attacked Bale and won the PvP fight, 5 to 2!
You attacked erTEST1 and lost the PvP fight, 0 to 7!

Dagnabbit!! The number of times I've beaten you is only slightly better than non-existent. We've had 24 battles and I only won once! ONCE!!!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We've had 24 battles and I only won once! ONCE!!!
Man, I slipped. :(

(You do realize those were all random, right? It's the RNG picking on you, not me. Usually it gives me people closer to "my size" and my winning percentage is rather lower.)

Bale

Minion
I disagree. It is obvious that you have used some wretched technique to draw my attacks to your aegis so to squeeze me into soul shattering subjugation.

arkabee

"If you don't specify how many PvP fights to use (when using pvp or swagger commands), use all of them"

would it be friendlier to default to one attack rather than all?

and by "friendlier" i mean, when i start using the cli commands and i mess up as i probably will the first umpteen times i use it,
i would be happier if it only ran one fight rather than all.

maybe that's just me, though.

also,
is there any plan, or could there be, to have Fights: [number remaining] listed somewhere on the Main Interface window?
personally i'd like it to show under Adv: [number] on the left side,
but down amongst the ML, Enc, etc listings,
or even in the pop up window that shows elemental damages and etc would be cool.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
is there any plan, or could there be, to have Fights: [number remaining] listed somewhere on the Main Interface window?
There could be such a plan. It would depend on KoL telling us the number of PVP Fights you have in api.php, which we read at login or when you hit the "Refresh" button. I submitted a bug report asking for that. We'll see if it happens.

I would label it "Fites: xx", which I am sure active PVPers would love and some people would write bug reports about. I have already gotten a "thank you" for the ability to say "max fites" in the CLI to maximize PVP Fights - which was actually slyz's doing, I believe.;)

roippi

Developer
I think I might like "pvp history" to scrape the archives page and display my last n fights. Or maybe ash pvp_history() returns some sort of aggregate. Not sure, the idea is nascent.

Bale

Minion
(You do realize those were all random, right? It's the RNG picking on you, not me. Usually it gives me people closer to "my size" and my winning percentage is rather lower.)

mSIlI.png

hAkQ2.png

I know you're really out to get me. My Artistic Goth Kid drew me a picture of the real you.

Last edited:

arkabee

It is becoming increasingly clear that Veracity is my fated foe.

UU2Ac.png

i'd seen people post excerpts of that in chat, but i'd never seen the context of it. i've been scripting/mafia auto-adventuring all my turns since the season started.

"lol"

Bale

Minion
People have been posting excepts of Veracity mocking me? They all know of her unending quest to humiliate me in PvP?! >:|

Fluxxdog

Everyone except that guy on the corner who gives spit shines for a nickel and haircuts for a song.

... Hmm, I should brush up on my show tunes :p

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Unfortunately, I neglected to attack you today. We can only hope that you will randomly call me out to receive your daily discipline.

Bale

Minion
Hah! I escaped your evil spell today!! Roippi stole the honor of kicking my sorry butt instead.