One-Click Level: Automatically gain 1 level.

Bale

Minion
notepad++ is superb, and does line numbers as well, and a TON of additional infinitely helpful features

Agreed! I love it also. For the sake of others, here's my file for userdefined languages which very nicely defines ASH highlighting in notepad++. :D

Attachments

• userDefineLang.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 77

dj_d

Or use emacs! Alt-g, G, enter the line number, and you're there.

(and if someone makes an ASH mode for emacs that does highlighting properly, there's a copy of ascend.ash in it for them :) )

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
C-mode is close enough for me, although I've considered making an ASH mode. The problem is, I don't really use ASH, except to look at what you-all write, so I can't dig up much enthusiasm for the project.
:D

MapleMario

C-mode is close enough for me, although I've considered making an ASH mode. The problem is, I don't really use ASH, except to look at what you-all write, so I can't dig up much enthusiasm for the project.
:D

C highlighting in Notepad2 works surprisingly well for ASH. The only discrepancies that I can remember is that it doesn't bold boolean (C uses bool?) and in unquoted complex types with apostrophes ($location[Giant's Castle]) it treats the apostrophe as the beginning of a string.

dj_d

C highlighting in Notepad2 works surprisingly well for ASH. The only discrepancies that I can remember is that it doesn't bold boolean (C uses bool?) and in unquoted complex types with apostrophes ($location[Giant's Castle]) it treats the apostrophe as the beginning of a string.

The C-mode is almost perfect, but you're exactly right about the unquoted apostrophes. That's what drives me nuts! There's some other fiddly stuff because ASH uses different comment indicators too.

steventrouble

wow, this must've taken a lot of work...

Mines just 20 lines long... and all it does it adventure in the temple, then heal when it needs too...

Great job!

tgetgel

Agreed! I love it also. For the sake of others, here's my file for userdefined languages which very nicely defines ASH highlighting in notepad++. :D

For those that don't know how to get Bale's userDefinedLanguage file (see post #21) for Notepad++ to work, here's the how-to for a PC:

1. Type %APPDATA%\Notepad++ in Run box, then <Enter>, and a folder will open.
2. Paste the userDefineLang.xml into the opened folder.

Relaunch Notepad++ from the destination PC et voila. :cool:

codster62

I had recieved a few errors in the debug when running this. I had to add 3 or 4 = signs after some statements... I will post my copy incase anyone else is having this problem. I have also configured Dj_D's Auto-ascension and it works great, as long as you don't forget the two text files that go with this script. :p

Attachments

• LevelUp.ash
    13.1 KB · Views: 65

codster62

Ok, me again. I have come across the same problem on a few different lines on my computer.

Here is what the CLI output looked like.

> call scripts\Ascend.ash

Function 'get_safemox' defined multiple times (LevelUp.ash, line 85)

It did this on another line as well, but if you figure out how to fix the first one, then the second one should be as easily fixed. Please help me. I am using it for Ascend.ash, and I can't even use the script at the moment. If you fix it, please upload the update, and I will post mine here so somebody can fix it...

Attachments

• LevelUp.ash
    13.1 KB · Views: 49

dj_d

Is this happening with the version that shipped in the ascend.ash zip file? If you're not sure, re-download it and make sure you're using that one.

It's because zlib now defines the safemox functions and creates the conflict; the latest version of levelup should avoid the problem.

codster62

I have tried the latest version of levelup.ash, i have a problem with it as well. Should I just remove something in zlib? I think it might work with the old one, but I am not sure. Anyways, if you have any other solutions, thanks.

microsafe17

This appears to be a conflict with some of the other scripts that use the zlib. I haven't really looked into it too much, but I know you can't update any of the additional scripts like the macguffin otherwise they conflict.

codster62

This appears to be a conflict with some of the other scripts that use the zlib. I haven't really looked into it too much, but I know you can't update any of the additional scripts like the macguffin otherwise they conflict.

Yeah, I realized that. Still yet, I need a fix before my school starts(August 18th)
... Thanks

dj_d

Codster, are you using the levelup from this thread or the one from the ascend.ash zip? Whichever you're using, try the other, and tell me if either works.

DaMaster0

I would like to know how you made it check for updates. I'm new and I think that's a really cool feature to add to my programs! I looked through your code and none of it made sense to me.

Catch-22

I would like to know how you made it check for updates. I'm new and I think that's a really cool feature to add to my programs! I looked through your code and none of it made sense to me.

dj_d uses degrassi's version checking, it works well but zarqon's zlib check_version function is probably easier to follow. I recommend you download zlib and take a look at some of the functions there.

The basic mechanic behind version checking is visiting a URL (using visit_url) and searching for a specifically formatted string in the response text. If the string found doesn't match the constant in your script, then the versions are out of date (or at least different). Hope that makes sense :)

Last edited:

CKtheFat

I've been using this script in ascend.ash, and lately I've found that it's having me charge into the Giant's Castle when my moxie is only 130. I've been able to adventure a few times in there safely using entangling noodles+shieldbutt, but I can't keep up the cost in mana.

Is there a way to reset this so it thinks I can't adventure in the castle yet safely again? My threshold is set at 3, and acceptable damage percent only %25.

dj_d

First - are you sure those are your settings? The settings in your config file override the settings in the script itself.