OCD Inventory control

Cannot confirm. I deleted cold nuggets from OCDdata_Bale.txt and bought a cold nuggets from the mall. The relay script then allowed me to chose an action for cold nuggets just as I would have expected. I then did the same thing with a cold wad. No problem.

Are you sure that you have those items in inventory? It won't check for any items that you don't actually possess.

Thats wierd. On my work computer I doesn't show them. But on my laptop it works fine

Bale

Minion
Please figure out what is different between those two computers. I can't think of anything that would make the script work differently. Anything I can imagine (such as a different browser) might prevent all items from being categorized, but not specific items.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thats wierd. On my work computer I doesn't show them. But on my laptop it works fine

That used to happen to me a lot. Then I realized that the process I was using so that data and script files were the same on both machines was flawed and what I thought were identical data files were not. (Gave up and fixed that with Dropbox but the owner of your work computer might not approve ;-) )

Tipmon

Hmm, I just set it to mallsell my twinkly wads but to save 15 of them (for me to use the next day or whatever). When I ran the script though, it put all 19 that I had in the mall. I double checked the relay script and it had saved my settings and triple checked the actual map file to see and it had a 15 by it so I am kinda at a loss.
Any advice? Am I just setting things up wrong?

Bale

Minion
Two Questions:
1. Do you have any in your closet
2. Do you have KoLmafia set to automatically retrieve items from your closet.

BladeLight

Okay, I've gotten this problem quite a few times now, but it fixes itself after a while.
When the script tries to kBay something, sometimes kBay will reply: Unable to list auction. No title specified. Please make sure that your title is the second line of the kmail.

Bale

Minion
Please show me the data file for your character. It will be in the /data direcotry and it will be named OCDdata_character.txt where "character" is the name of your character.

Bale

Minion
That should totally have worked. Maybe kBay has a bug? However, I added a line to ensure that there is ALWAYS a second line in the kmail, even though I cannot figure out why one might have been missing.

Here's version 3.9.1 to ensure you don't see that problem again. If it does re-occur, please copy/paste the relevant portion of the session log.

Last edited:

Alabit

First off... great script. love it.
It seems to be breaking when it tries to kbay stuff for me.

Waiting for more items to kBay "Buy my stuff" 1 anniversary balloon @ 18, 1 bouquet of circular saw blades @ 187, 1 daisy @ 3, 4 green balloon @ 3, 2 gyroscope @ 75, 7 heart-shaped balloon @ 7, 1 long-stemmed rose @ 375, 1 Mae West with a fly in it @ 97, 1 mandarina colada with a fly in it @ 97, 7 monomolecular yo-yo @ 180, 3 potted cactus @ 0
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted

where might i find the debug log, and am i just doing something wrong?

thanks,
alabit15

Winterbay

Assuming you have a windows machine the debug log will be in the same folder as the file you use to launch Mafia.

Alabit

well, i tinkered with what i had configured to kbay a bit and it got fixed. apparently some of the things i was planning on kbaying broke it, after changing them to autosell all was well.

BladeLight

That should totally have worked. Maybe kBay has a bug? However, I added a line to ensure that there is ALWAYS a second line in the kmail, even though I cannot figure out why one might have been missing.

Here's version 3.9.1 to ensure you don't see that problem again. If it does re-occur, please copy/paste the relevant portion of the session log.

Alright, thanks!

Fluxxdog

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I didn't find it...

Something I hadn't realized is that OCD isn't kmailing to wadbot if you have pulverize. I discovered this when I went to gift some prismatic wads and found I had nowhere NEAR as many as I thought I'd have. So, here's the scoop from the session log:
Code:
 > pulverize 1 bone rattle, 15 cold nuggets, 4 cold powder, 15 disturbing fanfic, 4 dungeoneer's dungarees, 4 flimsy clipboard, 15 giant needle, 1 haggis socks, 18 hot nuggets, 10 hot powder, 4 Knob Goblin visor
 >  
 > pulverize 3 office-supply crossbow, 3 rave whistle, 17 sewer nuggets, 3 sleaze nuggets, 736 sleaze powder, 19 spooky nuggets, 47 spooky powder, 3 spork, 20 stench nuggets, 39 stench powder, 2018 twinkly nuggets
 >  
 > pulverize 1114 twinkly powder, 4 wolf mask
 >  
pulverize 1 bone rattle
You acquire an item: spooky powder
pulverize 15 disturbing fanfic
You acquire twinkly powder (23)
You acquire sleaze powder (22)
pulverize 4 dungeoneer's dungarees
You acquire spooky powder (2)
You acquire stench powder (2)
pulverize 4 flimsy clipboard
You acquire twinkly powder (8)
pulverize 15 giant needle
You acquire twinkly nuggets (32)
You acquire twinkly wad (7)
pulverize 1 haggis socks
You acquire an item: twinkly powder
pulverize 4 Knob Goblin visor
You acquire twinkly powder (8)
pulverize 3 office-supply crossbow
You acquire twinkly powder (6)
pulverize 3 rave whistle
You acquire twinkly nuggets (9)
pulverize 3 spork
You acquire twinkly powder (3)
pulverize 4 wolf mask
You acquire twinkly nuggets (12)
You acquire an item: twinkly wad
 > 22 item types split into 2 separate kmails.

send a kmail to wadbot: 1 bone rattle, 15 cold nuggets, 15 disturbing fanfic, 4 dungeoneer's dungarees, 4 flimsy clipboard, 15 giant needle, 1 haggis socks, 18 hot nuggets, 10 hot powder, 4 Knob Goblin visor, 3 office-supply crossbow
 > The message didn't send for some reason.
 > Asked wadbot to malus some wads.
I have pulverize, but I'm currently a Disco Bandit. When OCD goes to kmail stuff to wadbot, it's using a list of stuff that I no longer have. Other than the nuggets and powders, I didn't have any of that stuff that OCD was trying to send out.

Bale

Minion
First it pulverizes items and then it tries to send the same items to wadbot? Interesting. Did it do that when you are a different class? Were you previously in a Class Act ascension?

Nobody has mentioned this problem before so thanks a lot for telling me about it. I'll look into that once I have some time.

slyz

Developer
There were some nuggets and powders in the list. The pulverizable items were pulverized, but without access to the Malus, he couldn't turn the nuggets/powders into wads.

Fluxxdog

First it pulverizes items and then it tries to send the same items to wadbot? Interesting. Did it do that when you are a different class? Were you previously in a Class Act ascension?
Been in aftercore as a DB since before Crimbo.

There were some nuggets and powders in the list. The pulverizable items were pulverized, but without access to the Malus, he couldn't turn the nuggets/powders into wads.
Right, and then it tried to kmail wadbot.

Edit: I think the problem is in your wadbot() function:
Code:
	boolean wadbot(int [item] pulverize) {
		boolean malusOnly = true;
		foreach thing, quant in pulverize
			if(thing.is_wadable()) {
				quant -= quant %5;
				if(quant < 1) remove pulv[thing]; <====
			} else malusOnly = false;
		if(count(pulv) < 1) { <====
			vprint("Nothing to pulverize after all.", "blue", 3);
			return false;
		}
		if(is_online("wadbot"))
			kmail("wadbot", "", 0, pulv); <====
		else return vprint("Wadbot is not currently online! Pulverizables will not be sent at this time, just in case.", "olive", -3);
		if(malusOnly)
			return vprint("Asked wadbot to malus some wads.", "blue", 3);
		return vprint("Sent your pulverizables to wadbot.", "blue", 3);
	}
Because you're using the direct pulv[] map instead of a modifier map from pulverize, it still has the original items in there.
If I had a giant needle and 5 twinkly nuggets with the Pulverize skill as a DB, I'd smash the needle and send 5 nuggets to wadbot(). However, pulv[] would still have the 1 giant needle in its map. Since I already smashed it, kmail() will fail because it's not there.
After looking over the code to see if I could understand it better, I thought of a possible solution:
Code:
	boolean wadbot() {
		boolean malusOnly = true;
		foreach thing in pulv
			if(thing.is_wadable()) {
				pulv[thing] = ocd_amount(thing) - (ocd_amount(thing) %5);
				if(pulv[thing] < 1) remove pulv[thing];
			} else {
				malusOnly = false;
				if(ocd_amount(thing)<1) {
					remove pulv[thing];
				} else {
					pulv[thing]=ocd_amount(thing);
				}
			}
		if(count(pulv) < 1) {
			vprint("Nothing to pulverize after all.", "blue", 3);
			return false;
		}
		if(is_online("wadbot"))
			kmail("wadbot", "", 0, pulv);
		else return vprint("Wadbot is not currently online! Pulverizables will not be sent at this time, just in case.", "olive", -3);
		if(malusOnly)
			return vprint("Asked wadbot to malus some wads.", "blue", 3);
		return vprint("Sent your pulverizables to wadbot.", "blue", 3);
	}
I tried to match your indentation style. This would require changing the calls in pulverize() by removing the map references. Food for thought though. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

sleepy g

Hey all, I'm having a little problem with OCD Manager today.

The relay browser script seemed to work fine when I categorized everything and most everything seemed to go well when I ran the main script except that nothing was mailed to my mall multi.

I used OCD Manager about 3 weeks ago and everything worked fine.

One thing I noticed was that the script kept thinking I had a bunch of drowsy swords I wanted to pulverize (something like 26). I deleted the line from the data file which referenced the drowsy sword then reran the relay script. The relay script said I had 1 Drowsy Sword. I told it to pulverize that sucker. When I reran the main script it told me I did *not* have 26 Drowsy swords.

I've exited into and out of mafia and even rebooted. The problem persisted. I manually pulverized the Drowsy Sword I had but the main script still will not mail my mall multi..

This is the message in the CLI:

> Item(s) have been categorized.
> pulverize 26 Drowsy Sword /* I had one Drowsy Sword
>
> send to mallmulti ValidMallMultiName: 21 "DRINK ME" potion, 1 3-ball, 4 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 3 8-ball, 2 acid-squirting flower, 1 acoustic guitarrr, 2 adder bladder, 2 all-purpose cleaner, 3 amulet of extreme plot significance, 2 ancient poisoned dart, 2 ancient protein powder
> Sale price for this line: 0
>

..... (lots more stuff)

send a kmail to ValidMallMultiName: 21 "DRINK ME" potion, 1 3-ball, 4 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 3 8-ball, 2 acid-squirting flower, 1 acoustic guitarrr, 2 adder bladder, 2 all-purpose cleaner, 3 amulet of extreme plot significance, 2 ancient poisoned dart, 2 ancient protein powder
> The message didn't send for some reason.
>

What can I do to help?

Last edited:

sleepy g

Oops.. sorry about the double post.

I ascended and did another run last week. After I smashed the prism I tried to run OCD and noticed that 3 kmails were sent.. I tried again late last night and everything was sent.

The problem seemed to resolve itself.