Nemesis quest script

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The point releases notify people that there is a new version. However, I think it's better to train people to not rely on that any more. Also, mallprices.txt currently only gets updated with point releases (if you don't have that one setting turned on), so those processes would need to be decoupled.

Grotfang

Developer
The point releases notify people that there is a new version. However, I think it's better to train people to not rely on that any more.

Well, that would be entirely the point. The problem is people thinking that they are the new versions.

Also, mallprices.txt currently only gets updated with point releases (if you don't have that one setting turned on), so those processes would need to be decoupled.

Fair point. How big of an issue would that be?

avbferry

Tried running the script. Gave me the message:

Internal checkpoint created.
Acquiring LEW...
Acquiring Funhouse item...
Maximizing...
168 combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
Could not obtain Funhouse item
Problem occured while acquiring the LEW, exiting...
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to Farming

Using mafia r9440

thanks!

Theraze

It'll equip the clown items, but won't farm them currently. I usually just farm clown skin from the fun house (and craft various clown-bits) until "maximize? 4 clownosity" fails to fail.

slyz

Developer
The script should try to maximize once (in case you already have enough items), then try to use retrieve_item() on the cheapest clownosity items. If you don't have mall access, or if you don't allow Mafia to buy from the mall, the script will stop.

What I don't understand is that it should print a "More Clownosity needed!" message in red, which I don't see in your gCLi output. Maybe I should replace
PHP:
cli_execute( "maximize 4 clownosity -familiar -tie" );
with
PHP:
maximize( "4 clownosity -familiar -tie", false );

Theraze

If you use the second, you can know as well whether or not it failed... or just start by doing it speculatively, with true instead of false, so it doesn't mess up your equipped gear if it won't succeed.

slyz

Developer
Apparently, if the value of a failed cli_execute( "maximize ..." ) isn't captured, it will force the current function to just return false now and then, just like when adventure() returns false:
PHP:
boolean test()
{
	cli_execute( "maximize 7 raveosity -familiar -tie" );
	print( "maximizing done" );
	return ( numeric_modifier( "Raveosity" ) >= 7.0 );
}

if ( test() ) print( "OK" );
else print( "NOT OK" );
Code:
> call test.ash

Maximizing...
104 combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)
[COLOR="#ff0000"]Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.[/COLOR]
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
NOT OK
The "maximizing done" message is missing.

This doesn't happen with maximize():
PHP:
boolean test()
{
	maximize( "7 raveosity -familiar -tie", false );
	print( "maximizing done" );
	return ( numeric_modifier( "Raveosity" ) >= 7.0 );
}

if ( test() ) print( "OK" );
else print( "NOT OK" );
Code:
> call test.ash

Maximizing...
104 combinations checked, best score 0.0 (FAIL)
maximizing done
NOT OK

This is probably some kind of ASH bug. People have been capturing the return value of adventure() to avoid this for a long time, so I hope it has nothing to do with the recent change to the return values of ASH functions.

Theraze

Doesn't a failed CLI_EXECUTE make the rest of that function fail? So your subroutine test, as soon as CLI_EXECUTE fails, stops, which then makes it print NOT OK.

If you wanted to make this work, you'd probably have to do !CLI_EXECUTE similar to the old !adventure thing to tell it that you don't really care what it returns...

slyz

Developer
New version: 1.3.

I switched all the cli_execute( "maximize ..." ) to maximize(). Someone reported a problem where the auto-attack was killing slimes before the bottle of gu-gone could be used, so the script now disables your auto-attack and restores it when it exits. The setting will be lost when you stop the script using escape though.

What a great script. Cheers!
Thanks!

Zucker

Thanks for this script! I used it successfully on my last ascension, but now I've got an error as a SC. Am I doing something wrong? Here's what the CLI sais:

Code:
> call scripts/nemesis.ash

Internal checkpoint created.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
CCS set to default
You already know LTS.
Checking passive damage sources on the KoL Wiki...
Something happened while parsing the KoL Wiki for passive damage sources.
Could not obtain the hellseal disguise.
CCS set to default
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Problem occured while opening the Nemesis Lair, exiting...

Theraze

Would this possibly be a good time to move towards the nemesis script simply importing batbrain and using its functions for its LTS calculations instead of trying to import from the wiki and figure it all out again?

Theraze

Yeah... the page itself is up, but the parsing is failing. It's possible that the page itself was modified, since it was looking for a specific break-point. Personally, I just commented out the two lines that made it abort if the passive check has no entries and left the avoiding of passive damage sources to me.