Nemesis quest script

slyz

Developer
Oh, the raveosity accessories where all being equipped in the same slot?

I'll change the way those are equipped, and break down check_raveosity() into check_raveosity() and equip_raveosity() so that the script knows when to stop farming, even if I can't get it to equip enough raveosity ^^

I've had some trouble with the maximizer and Clownosity items (and ended up writting explicit handling for clownosity items). I'm not sure why, but I'd rather do the same with raveosity.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've had some trouble with the maximizer and Clownosity items
I understand why the maximizer handles clownosity the way it does since it allows you to maximize some other stat while prepared for the Clown Lord, but I would really like a mode where it just maximizes clownosity without regard to whether the result is equal to 4. I would use it, rather than the wiki, to figure out how close I was to being able to tackle the Clown Lord and possibly determine what to do next. (For example, craft something out of clownskin). Is this enough like what you want that we should make a Feature Request?

slyz

Developer
I can't really remember the trouble I had with the maximizer and clownosity, but adding logic to handle clownosity allowed the script to decide how to get enough items as cheaply as possible instead of just checking if we had enough on hand with the Maximizer.

The Maximizer's trouble with the "2 hand" keyword also pushed me to put in place a more adapted way of choosing a club with which to kill Mother Hellseals by minimizing the HP lost in each fight (although, to be honest, the code I added would only make a difference in very few small edge cases - it was more fun to implement though).

I guess the Maximizer is a very useful shortcut sometimes, but can't beat custom logic for specific tasks.

Theraze

Part of it is that the maximizers for clownosity and raveosity are different than 'normal' modifiers... They automatically functions as a "modifier, <number> min, <number> max" thing. So the proper speculative for 7 raveosity is the "7 raveosity" I gave above... no max, no min following. As I said, this does function counter to how most of the other modifiers work, so that MIGHT have been the holdup when you were trying before... that, or you might have been trying to use it back when it was only a CLI command and there was no way (besides checking numeric_modifier) to see if you'd succeeded.

Edit: Here is my entire current check_raveosity function, using maximize:
PHP:
boolean check_raveosity()
{
 if ( !maximize ("7 raveosity", true) ) return false;
 return ( maximize ("7 raveosity", false) );
}

This gave me the following:
> call nemesis

Internal checkpoint created.
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to default
Maximizing...
2976 combinations checked, best score 0.0
Maximizing...
2976 combinations checked, best score 0.0
Putting on rave visor...
Equipment changed.
Wielding chopsticks...
Equipment changed.
Holding glowstick on a string...
Equipment changed.
Putting on baggy rave pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pacifier necklace...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bejeweled pledge pin...
Equipment changed.
Nemesis Lair unlocked!
nemesis_Step => 4

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Let's give it a spin with the Maximizer then (new update in the first post).

Did anyone give the Seal Clubber unlock a try?

kain

Couple of things regarding the SC nemesis unlock:

After every combat, I'm getting a red message:
[Skin of the Leatherback] does not match anything in the status effect database.

It doesn't seem to effect anything and doesn't cause the script to abort.

The second thing is more problematic. I noticed that it equipped the Plastic Pumpkin Bucket on my familiar, which caused it to deal damage. This resulted in getting burst hellseal items, causing the script to abort. After I manually equipped a mayflower bouquet on my gibberer, it stopped dealing damage and the script completed successfully.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, line 1011 should have Skin of the Leatherback removed, since that's a passive and doesn't fall under "buffs". (there aren't any calls to buffs that I can find that would require this to be listed)

As you've mentioned, it doesn't really affect anything, so it's not really a high priority fix, I'd say.

slyz

Developer
that's a passive
So that's was why it was complaining all the time. I had forgotten about it before posting the new version, but the first post has been updated.
I noticed that it equipped the Plastic Pumpkin Bucket on my familiar
Of course, I don't have any fancy familiar items and completely forgot about those. I guess it should equip a lead necklace or nothing at all if Mafia doesn't equip the familiar's specific equipment.

EDIT: If Mafia equips a Plastic pumpkin bucket or a Little box of fireworks on your familiar, equip a Mayflower bouquet, your familiar's specific equipment, a lead necklace or nothing. First post updated.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I did it this way because Mafia gives the Plastic pumpkin bucket and Little box of fireworks priority over the other familiar items when you switch to a familiar with nothing equipped, but of course you potato could have one of those already equipped. I'll add them to the list.

EDIT: OP updated. Thanks for the Wiki link.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
For some obscure reason, I thought the facsimile dictionary did damage. I removed it from the stasis items the script uses against hellseal pups.

Theraze

Since this does use zlib variables, any chance it can respect is_100_run?

Also, would it be possible to have it try to farm clownosity pieces, similar to the raveosity? In that case, you're dealing with probably crafting items, so it will be more similar to legacy raveosity code, but still...

Love the script, it makes things so much easier when I don't forget and try to have it unlock the Volcano before finishing Pirates. It's much easier going there when the area is actually unlocked. :)

slyz

Developer
I never really thought of using it in-run, but I made most of the functions so that you can import it and run bits and pieces of it.

I'll add support for is_100_run wherever it's possible.

Theraze

I know I'm a bit odd, but I like getting the pre-Volcano bits around level 3-8 (depending on how well drops are going and what item I have from the last ascension). The LEW helps since I don't have awesome skills permed yet... :)

Winterbay

Ehhmmm... Using the latest versionin the top post as a Sauceror I got the following after having successfully killed th last Henchman:
Code:
Conditions satisfied after 88 adventures.
Unlocking the Volcano Island...
Verifying ingredients for aerated diving helmet (1)...
You need 1 more bubblin' stone to continue.
Searching for "octopus's spade"...
Search complete.
Purchasing octopus's spade (1 @ 949)...
You acquire an item: octopus's spade
Purchases complete.
Wielding octopus's spade...
Equipment changed.
Searching for "glowing esca"...
Search complete.
Purchasing glowing esca (1 @ 2,000)...
You acquire an item: glowing esca
Purchases complete.
Holding glowing esca...
Equipment changed.
Searching for "greatest american pants"...
Search complete.
Stopped purchasing Greatest American Pants @ 6,500,000.
Using cached search results for Greatest American Pants...
Stopped purchasing Greatest American Pants @ 6,500,000.
You need 1 more Greatest American Pants to continue.
Putting on BGE pocket calendar...
Equipment changed.
You need 1 more Zinc Delta of Tranquility to continue.
You need 1 more Baron von Ratsworth's monocle to continue.
Searching for "gill rings"...
Search complete.
Purchasing gill rings (1 @ 8,950)...
You acquire an item: gill rings
Purchases complete.
Putting on gill rings...
Only a specific familiar type ( Grouper Groupie ) can equip this item.
Problem occured while opening the Volcano island, exiting...
CCS set to PM

Any idea why that happened? As far as I know I don't have an outfit named "checkpoint" so it shouldn't be that.

Restarting the script lead to it running just fine to unlock the volcano.

Theraze

It's a bad outfit checkpoint for a different character caused by the script not wiping prior checkpoints. You have a different character who has GAP and other such things.

The 'fix' is to run a checkpoint clear early on. I needed to add the same to dailydungeon and some other scripts to make them more multiple character friendly.

Winterbay

Ahh yes, that could be the issue. Also, another issue was me not having set up Mafia to realise I had stuff in my storage (some of the things it bought I already have at least).

slyz

Developer
Code:
cli_execute("checkpoint");
is one of the first things the script does. According to SpecialOutfits.createExplicitCheckpoint(), creating a checkpoint should completely overwrite the previous outfit checkpoint (I say this although I don't know how push() works, maybe I should look that up).

I'll add a
Code:
cli_execute("checkpoint clear");
just before, but I think this would be worthy of a bug report if you can reproduce it.