Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Palinathas

So did I and when I discovered it was Yet Another pop culture reference to Office Space (which I had never seen) I finally watched it.

Funny, I've seen Office Space a few times, and I never associate that error with the movie. I just know it is one of the most confusing printer errors there is, as the PC doesn't stand for anything you might think it does.....

dangerpin

PC load letter is very specific. PC stands for Paper Cassette (aka Primary Cassette) as opposed to LC (lower cassette) or MP (Multi Purpose tray) and it wants you to load letter sized paper as opposed to Legal or Monarch sized paper. This was all covered in the HP LJ4 manual you never read. :p

Catch-22

Hi Guys,

I'm back a bit early :) I've uploaded a fresh copy of the runtimes, hopefully that resolves some of the issues that appeared. Make sure you delete the old rt folder whenever you update the runtimes (I probably should specify that somewhere).

There's no updated 64-bit build to test yet, I'm still getting back into the swing of things after being away.

Let me know how it goes.

Catch-22

Sometimes the KoLconstants class gets cached somewhere, I'm not sure if it's related to the ant task or something in my setup, I've had it happen before and fixed it but I don't remember how.

The builds should be up to date, just the revision number is wrong, I'll try and sort it out :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Sometimes the KoLconstants class gets cached somewhere, I'm not sure if it's related to the ant task or something in my setup, I've had it happen before and fixed it but I don't remember how.

The ant task fills in the version number early on, then replaces that with null again later. If something interrupts that process, it doesn't get changed back to null, and later updates don't fix it either. The simplest fix is to delete KoLconstants every time before updating (that's what fewyn does, I believe).

zanmatoer

Hey, Just posting to say you have another user. The memory difference between this build and the .jar is startling!

I'm another who would love an automatic update feature if and when you have time, I'm currently using the python .jar one which works nicely.

Also, I ran the 64bit version, which logged in nicely, but upon logout (without actually adventuring) threw me this error:

JET RUNTIME HAS DETECTED UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: runtime error at com/excelsior/jet/runtime/excepts/stacktrace/StackTrace.java:187

Unable to find method for call site 0x000000001336b4cd (code segment 0x000000001336b440) in class java.util.Vector)

Please, contact the vendor of the application.

Extra information about error is saved in the "jet_err_2264.txt" file.

That text file simply holds the same again (posted in-case I'm a asshat and missed something):
JET RUNTIME HAS DETECTED UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: runtime error at com/excelsior/jet/runtime/excepts/stacktrace/StackTrace.java:187
Unable to find method for call site 0x000000001336b4cd (code segment 0x000000001336b440) in class java.util.Vector)
Please, contact the vendor of the application.

Catch-22

I'll give the 64-bit build another try soonish and post an updated version. I still plan on doing an automatic udpater, I had something partialy working but unfortunately it has been deleted and I didn't have a backup.

slyz

Developer
I also noticed that rt.7z was updated every day now, along with the empty KoLmafia.7z.

I'll try to go back to using the jars, but my system was having a really hard time with those. To the point of rendering any relay browser play impossible.

This .exe really saved my KoLmafia experience. Thanks again.

Catch-22

I have no idea why for, I've left it pretty untouched since I got back from being away and it seemed to be working alright while I was gone.

I'll take the opportunity to update my JDK and look into it, hopefully should be sorted in the next few hours.

I don't really have time to play KoL at the moment, but I still want to keep these builds updated for people who use them. Keep reporting the issues here as this is pretty much the only thread I'll be reading until I have a bit more time on my hands.

Edit: The build should be working now, I'll keep an eye on the runtimes too in case the issue of them being uploaded each day was unrelated to why the compiler wasn't working.

Last edited:

Theraze

Looking forwards to using these while out of town and needing to mafia using my kinda-sad work Win8 tablet. It brings depression to an entirely new level.

But hey, the relative depression, remembering that this exists, should be significantly less than the depression when I was using it tethered to my phone on the tablet a few weeks back. :)

Catch-22

Looking forwards to using these while out of town and needing to mafia using my kinda-sad work Win8 tablet. It brings depression to an entirely new level.

As long as your tablet can run x86 applications! If that's the case though, you could probably install Java on it?

Palinathas

As long as your tablet can run x86 applications! If that's the case though, you could probably install Java on it?

Up until just a few days ago, there was no Java compatible with Win8. My son reports that there now is (he can finally get something to work that hasn't since he got his Win8 machine).

Catch-22

Up until just a few days ago, there was no Java compatible with Win8. My son reports that there now is (he can finally get something to work that hasn't since he got his Win8 machine).

I have been using JDK 7 on Windows 8 since the release preview, perhaps there was some other issue happening on your end.