Native Windows (x86) KoLmafia.exe

Catch-22

You can try without. I don't think tweaking the memory management would mean new runtimes, but I've never done it before.

AlbinoRhino

Well. I updated to r11963. According to the task manager, the KoLmafia.exe process briefly starts and then almost immediately exits. I also now have a new folder in my mafia folder named "jittemp" with several .dll files in it & 1 .cache file. I don't appear to be able to actually use the program at all. This is without updating the runtimes.

Catch-22

I would suggest you update the runtimes. The jittemp directory is another option I enabled, basically any JIT compilation tricks JET figures out when you run KoLmafia are being saved in the jittemp directory for next time. It can be safely deleted if the directory gets out of hand.

Any feedback is welcome from other users too.

AlbinoRhino

I did update them, and deleted the jittemp folder. This time I was able to actually use the program. I used 233 advs, most of them auto-adventuring, and I don't think it ever went above 200K, and spent the majority of the time between 100 & 150K. So ... good news ! Thanks for all your help.

dangerpin

I think we might be having problems again. All I can download from sourceforge is the 12034 version, and the JET check something like 12083 is available. I tried hitting sourceforge a few different ways to make sure it wasn't a problem with a slow mirror, no luck.

Catch-22

I haven't been active on KoL or the mafia forums but I'm definitely pushing the builds through each day. I'll look into it, maybe there has been another Sourceforge change...

Edit: Looks like it was broken by a JDK update on my end. In other news, I've updated the runtimes so you'll need to download those again (in the process of uploading them to SF now, so give it a while to propagate).

Jet 8.0 has been released but right now I've only got a license for 7.6. Should the license come through for 8.0 I'll need to update the runtimes again. I'll post here if that's the case.

Last edited:

Catch-22

Hi Guys,

I've received a license for Jet 8.0, the big milestone for Excelsior in this release is 64-bit support. At the moment, I'm going to be continuing the 32-bit builds, but for those of you who are interested, I have a one-time release of the 64-bit build here (runtimes included). Please feel free to try it out and, more importantly, let me know feedback so I can pass it on to the guys at Excelsior as they're interested to hear how things go.

I haven't decided yet if I want to officially support 64-bit builds, but it's not totally off the cards. Let me know your thoughts.

Edit: If I have severely broken something with the new builds, please let me know sooner than later as I'm going on a camping trip for a few days tomorrow :)

Last edited:

Catch-22

FYI, 64bit would not log in for me. Will test further later.

I might try that myself when I get some free time :)

Also, I apologize in advance if somebody turns my PC off or the builds stop working over the next 2 weeks as I won't be around to fix it! Fingers crossed :D

Unable to load C:\Program Files\KOLM\rt\jetrt\XSSE80043.dll
(referenced from C:\Program Files\KOLM\KoLmafia.exe)
The reason: error 126

After switching to the newest runtimes and build. I tried downloading everything and again, but with the same result.

slyz

Developer
Did you unzip the runtimes in
Code:
C:\Program Files\KOLM\rt\
or in
Code:
C:\Program Files\KOLM\rt\rt\
?

I always do the latter :)

In C:\Program Files\KOLM\rt I see the folders bin, jetrt, and lib, same as before. They only thing that's changed as far as I can tell is that the .exe now has a martini glass icon, but I'm gonna guess that doesn't have anything to do with my predicament. :D