missingManuel.ash - Yet Another Manuel Script!

Aramada

Version 1.17 is listing the Spirit Alarm Clock in the regular sorted section as needing 3 factoids. That was the Turtle Tamer Revamp "final boss" and didn't have any factoids.

It's also listing Chef Boy, R&D in the unsorted section as needing 3 factoids. That was the Pasta/Sauce Revamp "final boss" and didn't have any factoids.

Also? I love this script so much.

~Aramada

Turing

Version 1.18 is up. Spirit Alarm Clock and Chef Boy, R&D have been removed. I also grouped the wandering food monstrosities from the Pasta/Sauce revamp.

Ferdawoon

A bit of a huuuge feature request:
Is it possible to get the list of the monsters missing factoids to be cross-checked with the Fax-Network to get a list of which monsters I can fax in?
Been going through the list of this and of Bumcheeck's Snapshot list and trying to see which I can fax in. Lots of monsters I'm lacking seem to be from semirares or from choice adventures or from one of those maps from "Uncle P's Antiques"..
I can bet there's a few old Crimbo monsters or other world events I could fax in though.

Crowther

Is it possible to get the list of the monsters missing factoids to be cross-checked with the Fax-Network to get a list of which monsters I can fax in?
My autoManuel script does that. I'm not supporting it any more, but it did seem to work when I ran it just now (mostly). My design goal was to tell you what factoids you could missing that you could currently get to. Which is a bit different from this script's design goal.

Turing

Sorry, I don't really have the time right now to work on a feature that big. But if Crowther's script works, try that.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
My mmcheck2 script will also give you some sortable information. It is still behind the times and missing the last revamp monsters, but it will spit out a sortable database of all monsters possible for the Manuel. You can then sort by location and number of factoids... and it is not too hard to see which ones would be fax-only.

-ckb

deusnoctum

Seems to have worked. For the record. The code to check out the script is
Code:
svn checkout      http://svn.code.sf.net/p/missingmanuel/code/trunk/

Turing, could you add this to the first post? Anyone who added it manually (or discovers this script for the first time) won't notice the update unless they happen upon the last page of comments (like I just did). Thanks!

Erich

The Avatar of Jarlsberg was renamed "Avatar of Jarlsberg".

Once again, thanks for this script. I run it daily for my hunting :)

Terion

Mafia won't even run the script with the wrong name as listed above (it just responds Bad monster value: "The Avatar of Jarlsberg" (missingManuel.ash, line 178)), so if anyone else comes along who doesn't know how to correct the current version for themselves:

* Go in the scripts folder of your Mafia directory and open missingManuel.ash with Notepad or a similar text editor.
* Find the string "The Avatar of Jarlsberg" and just delete the "The " part, including the space before Avatar. (The whole line is: extraAreas["Avatar of Sneaky Pete"] = $monsters[The Avatar of Jarlsberg]; -- the last part should be $monsters[Avatar of Jarlsberg];)
* Save the file, and I then went to Mafia and clicked on Scripts -> Refresh Menu to make sure it was updated.

Now the script will run for you.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I like this script so much, I gave up on my own script to promote it instead.
However, I like pretty, formulated output and tables and such. Unfortunately, the CLI sucks at printing html. So I thought this would be a sweet relay script, because browsers tend to be really good at rendering html tables.
This relay version runs almost exactly like the original, expect the output is to the relay browser in a pretty, color-coded table, and it also spits out a data file with location, monster, and missing factoid numbers. Drop the attached script into your relay folder.
All credit to turing for writing this. I made a few adjustments in how it works to get all the final info into a single map for table writing, but other than that it should work the same (its all his code). Please let me know if anyone finds anything reporting wrong.

ckb

Attachments

• relay_missingManuel.ash
    28.1 KB · Views: 61

Erich

I like this script so much, I gave up on my own script to promote it instead.
However, I like pretty, formulated output and tables and such. Unfortunately, the CLI sucks at printing html. So I thought this would be a sweet relay script, because browsers tend to be really good at rendering html tables.
This relay version runs almost exactly like the original, expect the output is to the relay browser in a pretty, color-coded table, and it also spits out a data file with location, monster, and missing factoid numbers. Drop the attached script into your relay folder.
All credit to turing for writing this. I made a few adjustments in how it works to get all the final info into a single map for table writing, but other than that it should work the same (its all his code). Please let me know if anyone finds anything reporting wrong.

ckb

I like this! However, where in the script can I change the colors to my liking? The ones shown are pretty rough on my eyes. Great add on though, cause I like interacting with the relay first and foremost.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I like this! However, where in the script can I change the colors to my liking? The ones shown are pretty rough on my eyes. Great add on though, cause I like interacting with the relay first and foremost.

You can modify the script if you want to. The colors are controlled via some css classes, defined in the mmcss() function. See color definitions on lines 545 - 551.

Terion

Just noticed that this script is listing "shadow avatar of sneaky pete {3}" under [Unsorted] at the end. I don't believe this (or any variation of the NS Lair's shadow-opposites) has Manuel entries.

Bale

Minion
Ah. That's actually a small mafia bug, not the fault of this script. When you encounter the Shadow Avatar of Sneaky Pete, mafia does not recognize it, but believes it to be an actual monster instead of just one form of the Shadow Opponent so it creates a temporary entry for a new monster in its internal database..

You will only encounter this bug if you run missingManuel immediately after encountering the monster. If you quit mafia and restart it then mafia will forget the existence of that monster and missingManuel will not report it.

Crowther

Ah. That's actually a small mafia bug, not the fault of this script. When you encounter the Shadow Avatar of Sneaky Pete, mafia does not recognize it, but believes it to be an actual monster instead of just one form of the Shadow Opponent so it creates a temporary entry for a new monster in its internal database..

You will only encounter this bug if you run missingManuel immediately after encountering the monster. If you quit mafia and restart it then mafia will forget the existence of that monster and missingManuel will not report it.
I believe the same problem (or similar) happens during the nemesis quest. I'd always wondered what was going on.