Make.meat.fast

Grotfang

Developer
I got an error while trying to set this up to run farm.ash
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

This has been answered many, many times. Open EatDrink.ash in notepad (or equivalent). Use Ctrl+F to find the line that uses "the ode to booze" (1384) and change it to "ode to booze".

An additional point - if you have an open hobopolis where bosses haven't been killed in the side zones, but the zone is completed, a between battle script can allow you to collect semi rares without bothering with eating a fortune cookie. Between each adv (within the semi rare bracket - only 40 turns) you visit the zone - if the semi rare is there and you have the nickels, you get it; if not, simply reject the boss fight. Lewd playing cards and, I think, jar of squeeze, sell for an equal amount of (or more) meat as lunchboxen, and this saves you those fullness points.

Just for the record, farm.ash doesn't need to do this. All you need is a counter script to take care of the problem and it will play nice with farm.ash. The counter script will automatically activate when your semi-rare counter is up. Then it will check to see what the most expensive semi-rare is that you didn't get last, get that, and eat another cookie if you have spare fullness.

The problem has already been solved: CounterChecker.ash

Thanks for showing me that script. So, will I have to manually eat the cookies before running farm.ash, ascend.ash or eatdrink.ash?

Edit: Never mind, should have read the thread.

Last edited:

halfvoid

Say i want my stinky cheese eye's to be used in my farming outfit regardless of what the maximize commands determine for my accessories. how would i add them in?

You could modify the script to maximize whatever -acc3 and add a line to equip the eye.

I'm not confident enough in my scripting to attempt to do that myself (it's a bit more involved than simple deleting the word "the" every time it appears in front of the word "ode"). I'm afraid I'd wind up borking the script if I tried. If someone else makes this alteration could you be kind enough to those of us afraid to recode it ourselves to post it here with the same password used for Ascend.ash?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You probably want to wear the sword at first, then switch to the eye once it's strong enough. If you're only charging it for rollover adventures, you might then want to take it off once it's done charging.

Search the code for outfit["maximize. It only shows up in two places and they're very close together, around line 67 or so.

Change "maximize meat drop" to "maximize meat drop +equip cheese eye".
Change "maximize item drop" to "maximize item drop +equip cheese eye"

This doesn't take into account lostcalpolydude's suggestion about the sword, and farm.ash will evaluate your outfits with whatever bonus you currently have on the eye, probably +1/+1, which might make it change its recommendations.

But if that's what you want to do, you'll only have to change those two lines.

halfvoid

thanks aqua, i'm not afraid to code it. I just get lost when the script uses maps. Thats exactly what i want it to do. can i just add +equip 3 stinky cheese eye to get it to make all three equip?

Bale

Minion
Do you understand that 3 stinky cheese eyes won't charge any faster than 1 will? They have to be different types of equipment for that.

If you want to know if it will work, just type in the CLI and it will answer the question for you by either working or failing. Experimentation is good. Also, the maximizer has a fairly complete help function. (There's a help button on the maximizer -- click it.)

halfvoid

awesome, thanks bale. never saw the help. i usually just typed it into the cli.

ideally i'd want it to equip 3 different items including one eye. then as the eyes get to +10%/+10% equip all three for the rest of the run.

codster62

Hmmm, I was thinking today, ever since I started using farm.ash, my poor sandworm has just been sitting there. That got me thinking, in farm.ash it does not consider using a specific familiar until it drops it's daily items then switching to another one. For example, is it possible you could have farm.ash check to see if the player has a sandworm, then equip and farm with the sandworm until all 5 agua de vida are dropped, then switch to the meat/item gain familiar? This would be more profitable considering agua de vida sell for around 4k + and it only takes around 25 turns max for all 5 agua to drop. :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
25 turns max? People in HCO just hope to get some combination of 5 gongs and agua in 50 turns, and they have a higher drop rate when fewer have dropped. The first two agua might be profitable to get, but I doubt it makes sense to go for more. I don't think the actual drop rates have been spaded, so it isn't really possible to make an informed decision there.

I suppose if you really wanted to familiar-drop-farm, you'd run farm.ash first in simulation mode, take its advice for everything but familiar (use your choice instead), set a goal of "+5 agua de vida" or whatever, and farm until the goal was achieved. Then run farm.ash again and let it do its thing.

You'd be missing out on an awful lot of item / meat drops, though. The math may not work out to make it worthwhile, especially if the RNG isn't being kind.

dj_d

Yes. And until accurate familiar drops and drop rates are readily available, e.g. through mafia, it won't be added.

AltEnd

I keep getting the same message every time I try to run the script.

"Undefined reference to function 'modifier_eval' (zlib.ash, line 67)"

Any help?

AltEnd

Ok. So I did the latest build thing and now I'm getting this...

Function 'vprint( string, int )' undefined (canadv.ash, line 38)

???