Make.meat.fast

Atreyuu

Hey, the market has not crashed. farming at the castle will be common as that is one of the best places to accumulate alot of meat, however, I have another problem. Tonight, it started considering saying an adventure had the value of 3900 meat and actually considered the black alley because of the crazy bastard. it even made me adventure there for 16 adventures. Because of it saying an adventure is worth 3900, it was buying very expensive items for me for my eatdrink diet. Why has it just started doing this? After the alley, it sends me to the castle, which is alright, but I spent like 80k on my diet.

Same issue, I'm assuming a CBS recently sold in the mall and that's what it's going off of or something.

Total of 5 monsters; meat per adventure is 6994
Best monster is Crazy Bastard, worth 19700000.

dj_d

Actually, believe it or not, it has nothing to do with the CBS. The CBS's price is ignored because the drop frequency is negative (it's ultrarare). It's because Mafia is pricing dented harmonicas at 99,998.

I noticed something last night when farming that I'm not sure mafia is able to take into consideration. If it can though I think it would improve the yield of the script in some cases.

It's equipping my DB's Ancient Turtle Helmet for a 10% meat boost in the short run but it's not taking into account that in the long run wearing a sponge helmet enables me to use Disco Nirvana and Disco Concentration every turn without having to pay to re-up my MP every 10-15 turns or so.

I don't know. Maybe my math is off and upping my MP takes less than the extra 10% gained. Thoughts?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
If you are using Bale's Universal Recovery, mp and hp can have a meat value now (although meat per hp can fluctuate a lot). Any MP Regen you are wearing can have a price tag too. Although in this case, the value of mp would be what you get from using your disco combos.

dj_d

I'm not sure I can reliably judge whether mana and hp are worth meat to you. Ex: you're a high level character with gobs of hp/mp. You can get all the MP you need from free sources like the PYEC, nuns, oscus, chocolates that you'd eat anyway, etc.

OldEnough

I'm considering getting this but I'm concerned because I don't know much at all about script. You guys seem to be very helpful but I may be a bit more dense than the normal member on here. If I don't do anything fancy or have anything real special, how hard will it be to set up? My character is in a Bad Moon run at the moment so I still have some time to consider the purchase. I would apprecieate honest opinions as to whether or not this would be more complicated than a script idiot can handle. It would be really nice to have a good way to earn some meat which doesn't include MMG (MMG hates me).

kasanax

OldEnough: My take on the whole Ascend package, and the farming script in particular, is that it's a lot like doing speedruns - how much you get out of it is dependent on how much you want to put in. If you just buy the script and run it straight out of the box, it'll (probably) work decently, but if you want to make sure you're actually being optimal, it does take some tweaking.

I'm a relative script-noob myself, but I've been finding that as I play around with the farming script more, I'm understanding scripts and Mafia more, in general. The script may tell me that it's best for me to be farming somewhere in the Worm Wood - which means I'll end up learning about how to manage moods in Mafia so that Absinthe-Minded stays on, etc.

In other words, if you just want something to make some extra cash in a simple & predictable way, you're probably safer sticking with one of the castle farming scripts. If you've got higher ambitions than that, and you're open to learning a little more about scripts while you're at it, I'd say go for it!

dj_d

OldEnough: Given your concerns, I'd hold off and just use your meat for what you want to use it for, instead of buying a farming script with it. :)

padamdam

in general I like this script, but today I found it doesn't have a 'reality check' in it.

It values black sword at 1.000.000 meat, since the market for it is small at the moment.

As a result of this, it spent 500k on ridiculous foods and drinks, wasting 4 days of farming.

Even when I use the eatdrink script in advance, it still spends 160k on freaking chocolates...

DiscoDancing

To help you with your comsumption-habits:

Even when I use the eatdrink script in advance, it still spends 160k on freaking chocolates...

Look in farm.ash. In on of the first lines stands:
//If you use eatdrink, set this to false

Just switch the following true to false and it will work.

Tipmon

when i try to run it, it gets all the way to Pump up muscle and gets an error, all of my scripts are up to date but you guys seem to be using it just fine, what am i doing wrong?

padamdam

To help you with your comsumption-habits:

Look in farm.ash. In on of the first lines stands:
//If you use eatdrink, set this to false

Just switch the following true to false and it will work.

yeah I scripted it a bit diffently now, first I stash all my meat except for 200k, then I call eatdrink, then I run farm, then I call eatdrink again to overdrink.

Now to see how this will work tomorrow :)

Tipmon

oh well of course i choose to sim it and it goes through alotof stuff then it hits considering Pump Up Muscle: followed by the error 'Begin index 0 greater than end index -1 (canadv.ash, line 48)'

Braska

Having a problem with the script once it had used up all adventures.

For some reason, even with the goals box unchecked, when I run out of adventures I get the conditions not satisfied message, and mafia aborts. Nothing gets mall-sold, autosold, or anything else.

This is just an extra aggravation, to go along with weird mall prices making the script choose less than optimal locations.

codster62

Well, I agree a little bit with braska about the weird mall prices thing, but it does make meat. However, It chose to farm for pocket theremin and piles of bones and the bones were selling for like 400 meat. The theremin was 10k in the mall, however, nobody would buy at that price and I had to beat much competition as I tried to sell mine. Mall price started dropping rappidly and by the time I sold, their price went down 6k... Pocket theremin are just not something people want to buy. ;) But I am not complaining, every other day the script will make me about 125-225k per day, so I am happy with it... Now your problem, braska, I have no idea why it would be doing that. Did you have a condition of your own set when you started mafia that may have interfered? I really have no clue what's wrong because I have never had this problem. :(

Grotfang

Developer
However, It chose to farm for pocket theremin... The theremin was 10k in the mall, however ... mall price started dropping rappidly and by the time I sold, their price went down 6k

Yeah... this can be the problem of trying to cash in on mall spikes and trends. They don't last forever. Removing this functionality would negate the point of the script - I doubt the script seriously considers the sea, and that's really the only other consistently better place to farm than the castle, I think.