Make.meat.fast

Well, I agree a little bit with braska about the weird mall prices thing, but it does make meat. However, It chose to farm for pocket theremin and piles of bones and the bones were selling for like 400 meat. The theremin was 10k in the mall, however, nobody would buy at that price and I had to beat much competition as I tried to sell mine. Mall price started dropping rappidly and by the time I sold, their price went down 6k... Pocket theremin are just not something people want to buy.

Sounds like the problem was mall manipulation. That can be a problem even farming manually. I remember one day when I noticed that clockwork shanks were priced at 1 mil I spent all day farming the equipment and wound up selling them at only a couple thousand each.

Braska

Yeah, those mall spikes are an annoyance, but there is nothing that can be done about that. That is a problem you have to look at manually. That is why I'm glad the script has the stop after function, that I never see anyone talk about. When the script is farming somewhere un-optimal, I just push stop after, and the script moves on to what it thinks is the next best location.

As far as the other problem (which may be mafia, not the script), I set a condition for my bounties when I first start up. Yesterday, the script didn't finish when I ran out of turns, but I never unchecked the conditions box. I figured I made a mistake, so today I double checked, made sure the box was unchecked when I started farm.ash. It did the same thing though when I ran out of adventures.

ammy55

i am having a problem with the script when it's done farming and after it auto sells everything it'll say You can't wear that outfit. and just stop heres the debug log cut to the relevant area

Attachments

• farm outfit fail.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 30
ohhhhh my bad

Some people prefer to replace that bit of code with cli_execute("maximize adv");

Which, unless you want your rollover outfit to have an effect other than getting you the most adventures possible, is equally effective and simpler than creating and naming an outfit.

I know there's a work around for this and I'll be looking it up shortly.

Just ran the script and it wants me to farm the battle field in hippy uniform - except instead of putting on the hippy uniform it puts on farming gear and then aborts because I'm not wearing the hippy uniform and it can't reach the battle field.

I would just run the Wossname script but as mentioned in that thread that one keeps aborting because it wants me to use a NPZR that I don't have.

Edit: Ok, I'm not finding the work around I was sure had been mentioned.

Last edited:
@red: no, I don't think I have deep support for most areas that have outfit requirements.

I'm aware of that but I thought there was a workaround to make it avoid an area you didn't want to (or in the case of hunting ducks after killing your daily limit couldn't) farm.

dj_d

Oh, yes there is:

setvar("farm_skip_" +
replace_string(to_string($location["a maze of sewer tunnels"])," ","_"), true);

codster62

I have a feature request! Ok, sometimes when running the script my chracter will lose all hp and the script will stop, or for some other reason I will need to stop the script. Is it possible you could make a feature that would allow you to continue from where you left off if the script is interupted?

Thanks!

I have a feature request! Ok, sometimes when running the script my chracter will lose all hp and the script will stop, or for some other reason I will need to stop the script. Is it possible you could make a feature that would allow you to continue from where you left off if the script is interupted?

Thanks!

I'm no expert but it seems to me that the worst case scenario is that when you restart it will spend extra time recalculating the data and then do exactly that.
If it DOES change where you're farming that's probably a GOOD thing because the new calculations will have shown the new location to be more profitable.

codster62

Ok then, one more thing I would like to request that can really increase amounts of meat made in a day. With increasing knob goblin lunchboxen pricing, I began to wonder, why does farm.ash not use 1 fortune cookie and collect the semi-rare currently going for the most meat in the market or just even be set to collect lunchboxen? With lunchboxen going at 30k+ that would add that much more to your farming gains and would probably be good! I would very much like to see this added and would even give you extra meat if you created this!

Thanks,
CoolBufferBot

Ok then, one more thing I would like to request that can really increase amounts of meat made in a day. With increasing knob goblin lunchboxen pricing, I began to wonder, why does farm.ash not use 1 fortune cookie and collect the semi-rare currently going for the most meat in the market or just even be set to collect lunchboxen? With lunchboxen going at 30k+ that would add that much more to your farming gains and would probably be good! I would very much like to see this added and would even give you extra meat if you created this!

Thanks,
CoolBufferBot

I don't know about the rest of your idea but one thing that might make it more difficult is the fact that after you collect a semi-rare you can't collect the same one again until you collect a different semi-rare first. That will complicate if not completely prevent the coding of this feature. There's also balancing the 2 fullness from the cookies that could be used to get more adventures. Depending on the value of each adventure you might actually wind up, well not loosing meat so much as not gaining as much as you could have.

Bale

Minion
Just for the record, farm.ash doesn't need to do this. All you need is a counter script to take care of the problem and it will play nice with farm.ash. The counter script will automatically activate when your semi-rare counter is up. Then it will check to see what the most expensive semi-rare is that you didn't get last, get that, and eat another cookie if you have spare fullness.

The problem has already been solved: CounterChecker.ash

OldEnough

Bad effect value?

I got an error while trying to set this up to run farm.ash
Bad effect value: "the ode to booze" (EatDrink.ash, line 1384)

I'm using mafia 13.8 and I just downloaded the ascend pack earlier this week. Is this something I need to set up or download? How/Where? Thank you :)