MacGuffin 2.0 -- level 11 quest, automated

Plute

Wonderful looking script, there's a minor issue with running it on mine.
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
Multiple matches against hidden city.
Bad location value: "hidden city" (macguffin.ash, line 106)

Could you help resolve this problem? Or maybe I need to do something I haven't? Cheers.

DerDrongo

From a few posts above...
Yes, replace "Hidden City" with "Hidden City (automatic)".

MacGuffin is quite an old script and i dont think its being worked on just now, the Hidden Temple has had some changes made to it that the script wont know about at all and you will probably have to do that manually after reading your fathers diary

Raven434

Potential for a gazillion turns being burned in the Haunted Pantry.

[887] Palindome
Encounter: Drawn Onward
Drawn Onward
There are still unsatisfied conditions.
You lose 101 hit points
You acquire an item: "I Love Me, Vol. I"

Conditions satisfied after 10 adventures.

[887] Rest in your dwelling
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
You gain 40 hit points
You gain 94 Mana Points
Dr. Awkward's book has been read.
Dr. Awkward discovered.
Getting wet stunt nut stew...
Verifying ingredients for wet stew (1)...
You need 1 more bird rib to continue.
Condition added: wet stew

Speaking to guild master...
Completing guild task...

Why does it think the pantry is the right location as opposed to going to the Lab and getting Whitey's opened?

[887] Haunted Pantry
Encounter: Oh No, Hobo
Encounter: drunken half-orc hobo
Strategy: D:\Games\KoL\Current Builds\JoeDerp\ccs\AoJ.ccs [default]
Round 0: JoeDerp wins initiative!
Round 1: JoeDerp executes a macro!
Round 1: JoeDerp casts BLEND!
Round 2: Your skeletal buddy dons a dress and a fruit basket hat and does a ridiculous dance. Your opponent looks confused...
Round 2: drunken half-orc hobo drops 4 defense.
Round 2: JoeDerp casts FREEZE!
Round 3: drunken half-orc hobo takes 270 damage.
Round 3: Your skeletal buddy tells a few lame jokes, then fakes its own death for comedic effect. Your opponent looks demoralized when it turns out the death was fake.
Round 3: drunken half-orc hobo drops 5 defense.
Round 3: JoeDerp wins the fight!
After Battle: You laugh heartily as your skeletal buddy does his weasel impression.
You acquire an item: Cosmic Calorie (3)
You acquire an item: dirty hobo gloves
You gain 2 Strongness
You gain 6 Enchantedness
You gain 1 Sarcasm

Raven434

Looking back more closely at the forums...

Was there a fix for this posted, because it was identified 13+ months ago? I am sure I probably missed it. :-(

Thanks.

Last edited:

Theraze

Appears you hadn't unlocked your guild, which is probably why it was trying to unlock Whitey's Grove that way.

zarqon

Yep, looks like mafia trying to unlock your guild. A feature request should probably be made to forego trying to unlock the guild in paths with no guild.

slyz

Developer
A feature request should probably be made to forego trying to unlock the guild in paths with no guild.
There was a check for Axecore, but the checks for Zombiecore and Avatar of Jarlsberg hadn't been added yet.

r12089.

zarqon

Ladies and gentlemen, I feel that, like Bale and his Universal Recovery, I should finally announce that this script has a limited lifespan. When a certain script I've been working on is released, this script will be obsolete and I will no longer support it (not that I've really been supporting it lately anyway -- but that's because I've been working on the new script rather than using this one).

In other words, something awesome this way comes. Something that absorbs both Hardcore Checklist and MacGuffin into one script, as well as tons of other stuff. Information script, relay script, and turn-burning script. It will do it all -- in fact, its very name includes "Omni", because not including it would have been to elicit scorn from anyone who cares about names.

You may begin speculating now. Be advised, however, that I will release no further clues based on this speculation. ;)