New Content - Implemented December IotM - The Smith's Tome

Darzil

Developer
Maximiser makes my head hurt!

I THINK that Smithsness is working fine for equipped equipment. Certainly not seen an issue yet.

Maximiser isn't working right with Smithsness however. It's possibly just a matter of predicting and setting smithsness appropriately so that it is always accounted for correctly. Time to try installing some dev environments to trace code I fear.

Darzil

Developer
Some progress (maybe). It looks like Maximizer is correctly calculating the best equipment, at the right values, but is then doing something odd, and calling unequip for the mainhand item if it is equipped, rather than equip if it isn't. For me it is accurately predicting 296.50 item drop (+196.5%), but then removes the mainhand for +186.5% instead!

Darzil

Developer
r13328 seems to fix maximiser.

Basically just calculates Smithsness for equipment being checked and effects prior to evaluating the rest of the modifiers, thus getting the results for smithsness based on the current evaluation rather than the previous one.

Darzil

Developer
Heh, found a couple of odd KoL bugs. You may want to change equipment after familiars, and maybe hit refresh, or Moxie at least (and maybe item drop etc) may be lower than it should be.

First bug is when I change familiar I lose +100% Moxie from my Shakespeare's Sister's Accordion unless I change any equipment, when it comes back.
Second bug is when I swap out Accordion, and swap it in again, the extra moxie doesn't include the Accordion's smithness, until I refresh the character pane.

The first bug does NOT appear to be just cosmetic.

Will see what TPTB say.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
Holding a Frankly Mr. Shank in one hand and Sheila Take a Crossbow in the other hand won't work KoL throws the error "That combination of items doesn't make a whole lot of sense." but the maximizer keeps trying to use it.

Darzil

Developer
I think I read in G-D that Frankly Mr Shank was changed from Mox to Mus (ie Ranged to Melee), and previously could be wielded with the crossbow. Perhaps r13336 fixes it ?

Fluxxdog

Huh. Got this in r13344
Code:
handful of Smithereens is multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was not
You acquire handful of Smithereens (3)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Huh. Got this in r13344
Code:
handful of Smithereens is multiusable, but KoLmafia thought it was not
You acquire handful of Smithereens (3)

For the second run in a row, I have gone shirtless until picking up a surgical apron. I wear it because there's no reason not to, but then I don't get to see my Smithsness displayed for the remainder of the ascension. I feel like something could be changed with the side panel display, but I don't have any good ideas.

Darzil

Developer
For the second run in a row, I have gone shirtless until picking up a surgical apron. I wear it because there's no reason not to, but then I don't get to see my Smithsness displayed for the remainder of the ascension. I feel like something could be changed with the side panel display, but I don't have any good ideas.

My plan, which I hope to have time for, maybe before, maybe after looking at restores, which I'm not finding time for, is to add one item under Mus/Mys/Mox for class stuff (Fury, Soul, Momemtum), and change the way Rave/Surg/Smiths etc is shown by having maybe three labels which are filled top down. I'd then fill these top down by whichever things the character currently has. Will be a bit fiddly probably, but should work.

Darzil

Developer

Try 13351. This adds the class meters for Fury, Soulsauce and Disco Momentum. I added it after MP, as this seemed the most logical place, it looked wrong under stats. It means a blank line between MP and HP for other classes, but this doesn't look bad to me. The 6 occasionally displayed modifiers (Hobo Power, Smithsness, Beeosity, Clownosity, Raveosity, Surgeonosity) now share 4 misc lines, which fill up from the top. If you have more than 4 then the first 4 only show. If you have less, the others are blank. If other devs feel a value other than 4 would be better, just change MISC_LABELS to another value. I haven't made it a preference, as it cannot be safely changed mid session. It probably could be made one if wanted.