New Content - Implemented December IotM - The Smith's Tome

Darzil

Developer
r13300 - Added Smithsness as a modifier type (uses K in modifiers.txt, if you add new items which use K in them, also make sure _smithsness has the modifier included). Handle casting and learning skill and recognising skill from the campground as other Tomes.

Not yet done:
Adding a shedload of items. (Please post data, please note by how much Smithsness increases the modifier)
Include Smithsness on side panel.

(now working on DIY, so no more updates planned today, so others feel free to take over!)

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Code:
Looking at item #7021...
Unknown item found: Hairpiece On Fire (7021, 142527358)
--------------------
7021 Hairpiece On Fire 142527358 hairpiece.gif hat t,d 5
Hairpiece On Fire 100 none
# Hairpiece On Fire: (+Maximum MP based on Smithsness)
Hairpiece On Fire Cold Resistance: +2, Adventures: +4, Smithsness: +5
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
r13305 added rest of concoctions and support for Louder than Bomb.

Still need :
Fullness/Inebriety for new items, success message for Golden Light
Include Smithsness on side panel.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Looks like the food/booze is in three types:
+4-6 Adv, +4-6 Myst, 100 turns of effect
+7-9 Adv, +7-9 Mox, 50 turns of effect
+10-12 Adv, +10-12 Mus, no effect

Will put this in, if there is any variation from this we can adjust.

Darzil

Developer
r13306 adds the above, also success checking for Golden Light and Smithsness on side panel.

Anything else needed?

Darzil

Developer
There is something strange going on with maximiser and smithsness. It seems to be calculating slightly wrongly, and is recommending removing a Smithsness mainhand item. For example, I have +115% item with it on, to maximise item drop it recommends removing it for -15% item drop. Actually I only lose 10% item drop. So there is the question of why it is calculating wrong, and why is it then recommending to take an action that it thinks will reduce the score? It's probably just something silly I did, as a I just tried to copy the existing hobo power gear calculations.

magered

After casting the 3 summons for the day the "Summon Smithsness" skill is not being removed from the list of skills available to cast in the relay browser; it is greyed out in Mafia but still shows black in relay (r13322 / FF25).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
After casting the 3 summons for the day the "Summon Smithsness" skill is not being removed from the list of skills available to cast in the relay browser; it is greyed out in Mafia but still shows black in relay (r13322 / FF25).

That's not a mafia issue, unless you've checked outside of mafia and it is grayed out there.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yup. That's a KoL bug (confirmed). It is black (not grey) on the Skill Menu, but if you try casting it from there, KoL says "You may only use three Tome summonings each day."

Tarko

I have:
-Smithsness Presence (effect acquired through the Spleen object) (+10)
-Merry Smithsness (effect acquired through the Flaskfull)(+25)
-and the Meat Tenderizer Is Murder equipped (+5)

Mafia is displaying Smithsness @ 35

Equipped A Light That Never Goes out (+5)
Mafia updated @ 40

Equipping/Unequipping Meat is Murder do not change Mafia's Smithsness

Darzil

Developer
Yes, there is something funny about handling of Smithsness by maximiser at least, and perhaps generally. Woke up in the middle of the night with some ideas, having been clueless yesterday. I suspect it comes down to having items with both a modifier (Smithsness) and an expression using that same modifier on the same item. I think we'll need to calculate Smithsness from both items and effects before evaluating the expressions. Am going to take a look today.