CounterChecker: Wormwood, Semi-rares, Dance Cards and more

Bale

Minion
Thanks to everyone for helping debug this one.

Released CounterChecker v1.4992

This is the "Finally the real Hooray for Vanya's Chapel" release.

Theraze

tgetgel does sort of make a good point if it was in isolation, though I see the handling improved over his idea partially by the 1.4992 version, but... on your (Bale's) next version, maybe add +weapon, +offhand to the
Code:
  gear+= ", +equip "+chapel_weapon();
line, so it only replaces your weapon? It makes sense to keep it as a maximize because then you can use the same basic code for all 3 cases...
1) Chapel. Special weapon.
2) 8-bit. Started with 2+ handed weapon.
3) 8-bit. Started with 1 handed weapon.

Problem is, in the case of 1, and only in the case of 1, we're currently maximizing their whole equipped gear, minus the two "equip me!" parts, based off the mafia tiebreaker and nothing else. No primestat, no melee/ranged damage, nothing... This could be fixed either by using tgetgel's idea of turning the maximize bits for case 1 into direct equips, or by adding the +weapon, +offhand I suggested to the line above. This would make it only equip the chapel weapon and CT without changing the rest of your gear.

But I don't see this as important enough to spin as a new patch, unless something else comes up. The released version should meet the needs of adventuring in the right spot, and you should get your gear back after that fight when it equips your backup outfit. It's just a matter of if you're still low-skill/stats on a SC ascension and end up without the ability to actually succeed for some reason. :)

Edit: Also related to this... the case 2 might not actually equip the CT, because it's only been given the weapon slot to replace (+weapon), though it's possible that it will equip offhand as well because it's being emptied when the weapon is equipped.

Bale

Minion
Good point Theraze. I'm adding that to the code now. Eventually it'll make it into the main.

I'm confident that case two works as I've actually tested it (although with a 1-handed weapon that was not a pixel weapon).

Bale

Minion
I hate you. At least this caused me to notice some redundant code. And I incorporated an unnecessary improvement to the chapel.

Released CounterChecker v1.4993

This is the "I hate Clovers" release.

EdFox

Rhinoceros hormones must have spiked up in price. CC keeps trying to get them while I'm fighting the war and the area isn't accessible.

Love the script. :)

Theraze

Odd... it's supposed to be using this check, from my reading:
Code:
 case $location[Frat House]:
  return available_amount($item[dingy dinghy]) > 0 && (get_property("warProgress") == "unstarted" 
    || (get_property("sideDefeated") != "fratboys" && get_property("sideDefeated") != "both"));
Ohhh... wait. There we are. It's just checking if the war is unstarted, or the sideDefeated != one of those specifics... but doesn't validate that the war has finished yet. Needs a warProgress check in that fratboys/both section. :)

Bale

Minion
Wait Therze, if a side is defeated, that means the war is over and there's no reason to check the exact number killed.. If the war isn't unstarted and a side has not lost, then it shouldn't try to go to the frat house! I don't get this.

Ed, what stage was the war at when you had the problem?

Theraze

What I meant is that you need to have the check be more like the canadv code... zarqon has this:
Code:
   case $location[Frat House]: return (itemcheck($item[dingy dinghy]) && get_property("warProgress") != "started" && get_property("sideDefeated") != "fratboys" && get_property("sideDefeated") != "both");

Basically, the problem is that you're only checking if the war is unstarted or the frat aren't dead... you aren't validating on frat-not-dead that the war is over. So if the war is in progress, CounterChecker says that both Frat and Hippy are open, because warProgress != "unstarted" and sideDefeated isn't set yet...

Bale

Minion
Oh. Check me. It should look like this, right?

Code:
	case $location[Frat House]:
		return available_amount($item[dingy dinghy]) > 0 && (get_property("warProgress") == "unstarted" || get_property("sideDefeated") == "hippies");

Theraze

That might work... goes around the other way based on what does happen instead of what doesn't, but should work. :)

Bale

Minion
That's how I roll. It also has one fewer condition to evaluate. Suck on that zarqon!

Released CounterChecker v1.4994

This is the "Frat War avoidance" release.

Last edited:

EdFox

Wait Therze, if a side is defeated, that means the war is over and there's no reason to check the exact number killed.. If the war isn't unstarted and a side has not lost, then it shouldn't try to go to the frat house! I don't get this.

Ed, what stage was the war at when you had the problem?

Sorry I was afk so long. It was during the fighting itself, so neither the Frat House or Hippy Camp was accessible as not all their warriors were dead.

EdFox

Yeah EdFox, version 1.4994 should fix that for you...

You guys are too fast for my testing. 1.4994 did indeed fix it. I'm in the same state and when a counter rolled around it went after massage oil instead, with a selling price that seemed a tad lower than I remember the quote for the hormones. Job well done. :)

illarion

Minor bug I discovered today:
Inigo's Incantation of Inspiration was successfully cast.
Verifying ingredients for Hell ramen (2)...
Verifying ingredients for Hell broth (2)...
Creating Hell broth (2)...
Sending kmail to Bale...
Checking for updates (running CounterChecker ver. 1.4993)...
_version_BaleCC => 1.4994
New Version of CounterChecker Available: 1.4994
Upgrade CounterChecker from 1.4993 to 1.4994 here: http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=2519
Countdown: 20 seconds...
Countdown: 15 seconds...
Countdown: 10 seconds...
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Checking counters now.
In 1 turn it will be time to adventure at the Haunted Ballroom for a dance with Rotting Matilda.
You'll need to kill some time until then since the current action requires more than 1 turn.
Dance Card counter will expire after 1 more turn.
It's correct that my dance card counter is about to expire. It's incorrect in that it thinks I am spending adventures to cook, when I have Inigos available (more than enough to cover the cook operation in question).