New Content - Implemented Conspiracy island leftover issues

DoctorRotelle

Developer
1) Endless looping for fake medium quest when you get to the paranormal test lab choiceadv.
If we can highlight the correct answer, mafia should also issue the response during automation:
[246962] The Secret Government Laboratory
Encounter: Paranormal Test Lab

2) Darzil's post about the clipper quest spontaneously being "started". I have this issue on a daily basis with at least one multi:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?16775-Conspiracy-Island-!&p=117241&viewfull=1#post117241

3) LLRLR not automated for EVE quest.
Again, If we can highlight the correct answer, mafia should also issue the response during automation.

4) Is there a preference to note if the control panel has been adjusted today? Also, it would be nice to have something track the percentage to being able to use the omega option (11% per successful use) so we can know when it is time to reset it.

Last edited:

Crowther

I've been trying to write a script for these quests, but for a number of reasons, it's been extra hard. Dr Rot mentioned some of them, but others are efficiency trade offs. I've largely given up hopes of having a script worth distributing.

Today I noticed questESpSerum not getting changed to started. Is that because of the (0/10 smokes) thing at the end of the quest message?

Darzil

Developer
4) Is there a preference to note if the control panel has been adjusted today? Also, it would be nice to have something track the percentage to being able to use the omega option (11% per successful use) so we can know when it is time to reset it.
r15119 - _controlPanelUsed and controlPanelOmega.

Have just reset my Omega device again so will look at the other quest automation over the next few days when I can test it.

Still not worked out the Clipper thing. Can't see anything in the code that should allow that to happen. It is only set to started when you get the Clippers, which are item 7831, on other item is set to 7831 by accident, the break; isn't missing from the case above by accident.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Today I noticed questESpSerum not getting changed to started. Is that because of the (0/10 smokes) thing at the end of the quest message?
The two reasons I can think of are :
1. Text doesn't include "wonder how many vials they want". Sometimes parts gets beeped out and it's only trial and error (and user reporting text when it doesn't work) that lets us work out which bits don't get beeped out.
2. If does include that, but you already have 5 vials, in which case it should skip straight to step1.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
What is the code doing here? If we're trying to depend on the radio output to set quest info, then we should have it trigger a look at the quest log instead. The radio output is notoriously unreliable do to the random insertion of static.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am doing the 20 coin Conspiracy Island quest daily so if there are things I can try, check or report let me know.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
I was running automation today and happened upon the Paranormal Test Lab. I happened to be out chatting with a neighbor and came back to see a full scrollback of server hits. I find this really distressing.

Darzil

Developer
I'll get to it when I can. I've so far had Smokes and Puns since resetting the Omega device. Am hoping for something useful soon so I can put this to bed and then ascend. It's MUCH more time consuming to fix these quests than others, due to the whole needing to be in run 10 days to reset them, and then getting a random one a day. Once per ascension stuff is trivial in comparison.

Darzil

Developer
Still can't work out the clipper thing.
Got quest - correctly set to started.
Got 23 clippings - correctly tracked and set to step 1
Hand in quest - correctly set to unstarted.
Start fight - gets set to started again, but only in the first fight after handing in the quest. If you clear it and adventure again this doesn't happen. WHY !!!!!

Fluxxdog

The only thing that sets it to started is 2435 in ResultProcessor.gainItem(). This would lead to the conclusion that something is feeding it a result shows acquiring the military-grade fingernail clippers. Is there anything that would show a result that you should only be able to get at least 23 turns ago?

xKiv

The only thing that sets it to started is 2435 in ResultProcessor.gainItem(). This would lead to the conclusion that something is feeding it a result shows acquiring the military-grade fingernail clippers.

Can this also be called when an item is *lost*? (in fact, it's where you end up when calling ResultProcessor.removeItem(), from cursory glance at the code).
Are the clippers properly removed from inventory on quest completion? If not, then doesn't the first combat remove them from inventory when mafia no longer sees them in the combat items dropdown?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Maybe KoL is misreporting that you still have clippers in the list of combat items for a turn?

Code:
			// Clipper quest finished (start handled in ResultProcessor)
			else if ( text.contains( "return the fingernails and the clippers" ) )
			{
				ResultProcessor.removeItem( ItemPool.FINGERNAIL_CLIPPERS );
				QuestDatabase.setQuestProgress( Quest.CLIPPER, QuestDatabase.UNSTARTED );
				Preferences.resetToDefault( "fingernailsClipped" );
			}
That code looks pretty straightforward.

Darzil

Developer
Line 1184-7 in ResultProcessor.gainItem() should prevent any of the later updates when change is negative.
Code:
		// From here on out, only positive results are handled.
		if ( count < 0 )
		{
			return;
		}

Sounds like maybe they aren't being correctly removed from inventory, perhaps, though why removing items from inventory is causing the gaining items code to trigger is another matter. I'll look at how combat items are handled.

Darzil

Developer
Maybe KoL is misreporting that you still have clippers in the list of combat items for a turn?

I'll check that next time I get the quest, if no one else does first.

Edit - actually, maybe that explains it. I have +1 set of clippers on the session, so mafia thinks I gained one more than I lost, but I'd still want to verify the change. Maybe it's similar to KoL not changing the number of red buttons when you use them, though that is within a combat rather than one combat to the next.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just got the clipper quest. I carefully tracked the quest state and inventory state of clippers, and everything seemed to work properly at every stage.

Not sure if this should be a new Feature thread, but it would be nice if the item manager and coinmasters interface considered whether the stores were currently available.

Bale

Minion
Not sure if this should be a new Feature thread, but it would be nice if the item manager and coinmasters interface considered whether the stores were currently available.

Totally a Feature Request thread since no coinmaster is excluded from the frame based on availability. Actually, I think there might already be a feature request like that. Please look for it and then if you cannot find it, post a new thread. I know they're tough to find sometimes.

Is that really the case? Honest question, not trying to be snarky at all :)

The Conspiracy Island coinmasters all return true for is_accessible(coinmaster) even when the store hasn't been unlocked.

I'll use The Swagger Shop as an example of a coinmaster that returns false (because I'm in hardcore).
I have the swagger to afford a Huggler Radio, but it correctly does not appear in the createables section of the item manager. Also the buy button is greyed out in the coinmasters interface.

So it looks like the item manager and coinmaster interface do take account of unavailable coinmasters. I might be misunderstanding some nuance, though.

Bale

Minion
The Conspiracy Island coinmasters all return true for is_accessible(coinmaster) even when the store hasn't been unlocked.

That is not the question you asked. Originally you were asking about mafia including them in the interface. For is_accessible() to return the correct value is obviously the correct outcome and does not need a feature request.

Darzil

Developer
Well, that was strange, but it explains things. The clipper issue is a KoL bug I think. I completed the quest, Mafia correctly removed Clippers from inventory. I fought a combat, the military-grade fingernail clippers were available the whole combat. I checked inventory in KoL, they weren't there. I fought another combat, they were still there. I tried to use them, I got the message that I didn't have any. Then they were no longer in the list. Will submit as a KoL bug.

Edit - When I get a response back we'll think about whether to make changes. We should either never trust the combat items list or never base quest/other updates based on obtaining one (though can look for the obtaining quest text on appropriate pages).

Last edited: