Character Info Toolbox

Bale

Minion
It's possibly the empty terrarium which is causing the problems? Anything I can do to help pinpoint the problem?

It would have been really nice if you'd shown me the html for a charpane that has no terrarium, but I'll try to add a workaround for the problem which isn't as nice as what I would have like to do if you could have shown me. :(

I hope my clumsy fix works. Can't test it.

Bale

Minion
You're going to be in a new Bad Moon run soon? If so I won't push out my simple fix (which I dislike) so that you will remember to grab the charpane's html. I'd really like that and I figure since nobody has ever pointed out that problem before it cannot be bothering many people.

ereinion

Well... This was the first day of the run for a multi I don't even play on every day, so it will probably take a couple of weeks before he has finished his run. It is likely that he'll dive into another one though, but as I mentioned it might be a while before he does :)

Do you want the pure html of the charpane, before it is modified by mafia or ChIT, or do you want the altered html? Or maybe both?

Bale

Minion
I want the html after being modified by KoLmafia, but before Chit. If there is an error preventing ChIT from working, like you experienced then that is what you'll get. (The same can be found by disabling ChIT with zlib chit.disable = true, but that won't be necessary.)

I can wait a few weeks. After all it has been a very, very long time without anyone else bothering to report the error. That makes it very lacking in urgency.

xKiv

I could try checking on my mall multi. If I remember. I will email myself with a reminder.
Or, actually, I can maybe check from here?

EAT: attached zipped charpane from terrariumless character.

Attachments

• charpane.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Thank you so much for your help! The hack I intended to recognize Bad Moon wouldn't have worked for other terrarium-less characters like new players and mall multis.

Please svn update mafiachit and tell me if this now works for your mall multi. If so, it will probably work for Bad Moon also.

Bale

Minion
I still get a red "CHIT: Error parsing familiar", but at least chit is there.

I want to fix this, but you have to help me. Please get the html from your charpane as I asked of ereinion. First disable chit

Code:
zlib chit.disable = true

Then copy the html from your charpane and paste it into this thread so I can find your problem.

To re-enable chit: zlib chit.disable = false

xKiv

I want to fix this, but you have to help me. Please get the html from your charpane as I asked of ereinion. First disable chit

Code:
zlib chit.disable = true

Then copy the html from your charpane and paste it into this thread so I can find your problem.

To re-enable chit: zlib chit.disable = false

Wouldn't that still be the same HTML I posted earlier? ... apparently, it isn't.
The part that was
Code:
</a></font><br></td></tr></tbody></table></p></center><center>
in the posted html is now
Code:
</a></font><br></td></tr></table></center><center>

I don't know if this changed or if I just didn't disable chit properly. But I think it's safe-ish to assume the latter.

Small bug with Friar plants. My location shows "Last: Bloody Wood". When I visit the Friar he says "DungeonFAQ - Level 1". I see the 3 small icons but they don't have the small pictures
of the plants in them. I can click on them and set the plants ok. But even after I set them, I still don't see the pictures of them.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That's either a KoL issue (weird names that are contained in []), or a mafia issue (I refuse to use those names in mafia), depending on how you want to view it. It's not something this script can really handle there, though I have a feeling the script wouldn't currently handle it even if mafia suddenly started tracking there.

Actually, your post seems to indicate that the KoL name changed...

Bale

Minion
Wouldn't that still be the same HTML I posted earlier? ... apparently, it isn't.

My response was weirdly phrased and confusing, sorry. Fixed again. Please update and test again!

Small bug with Friar plants. My location shows "Last: Bloody Wood". When I visit the Friar he says "DungeonFAQ - Level 1". I see the 3 small icons but they don't have the small pictures
of the plants in them. I can click on them and set the plants ok. But even after I set them, I still don't see the pictures of them.

This is not a ChIT bug. It is impossible for ChIT to handle this because Mafia does not save this information. The FAQ dungeon is not reported by the get_florist_plants() command. I tried to report that as a KoL Bug. This was my response. I'm not happy about this, but that's how it is.

It's not something this script can really handle there, though I have a feeling the script wouldn't currently handle it even if mafia suddenly started tracking there.

I absolutely could handle this if mafia tracked it. parseLoc() is already capable of figuring that out. I wouldn't have to change a single line of code.

Last edited:

xKiv

My response was weirdly phrased and confusing, sorry. Fixed again. Please update and test again!

Now I get a red "Error Parsing Reresh".
I printed source right before that:
Code:
<br><center><p><font size=1>[<a href="charpane.php">refresh</a>]</font></center>

There's an extra <p> there that isn't expected by the matcher, and doesn't seem to exist in chitless html. Maybe because the "no terrarium" special case eats one too many <center> at the end?

Bale

Minion
The heck? It seems to keep changing each time? What kind of moving target is this?

I'm thinking I should just not print an error message and simply let it go if no familiar is found...

xKiv

It didn't change. It finally matched, and then you replace("") ate the entire matched string, which is what I think got rid of the real <center><p> that you expect when parsing for the refresh link, and then you failed to find the refresh link.

Chamou

Minor display bug: My custom title begins with a number ("%l-inch fuzzy bunny ears") but the number isn't displayed in chit, appearing as "-inch fuzzy bunny ears".

Bale

Minion
Lol! That bug exists because someone gave me a custom title which inspired me to remove some redundancy in ChIT's display. Clearly it doesn't work as well for your fuzzy bunny ears.

I've fixed the regexp to exclude you and anyone else with a similar issue. Thanks for reporting this rather than shrugging at it.