bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Because you haven't completed the daily dungeon once yet, and the script can't finish it itself due to TPTB changing the dungeon. Finish it off once and it should act normal-ish. Until you get up to the hidden city, in which case it will mark that as completed and then infinite-loop trying to get into the middle pyramid due to having the hidden city marked as done.

Gotcha thanks, it's been awhile and there's been so many changes.

BobbyCorno

Hello! I've been away from the game for over six years, and am amazed at both the changes to the game and how robust KoLmafia and scripting has become. It's really neat.

I've tried installing bumcheekcend along with WHAM and Universal Recovery, but have run into some odd behavior. Because of the interaction of those elements I'm not even sure where to begin debugging.

I have a Cheshire Bitten (the very first Volleyball/Leprechaun combo). However, the script happily used my plain old volleyball. Have I missed a setting where the script might "ignore" Mr. Store familiars, or does it not "know" that the Bitten is a volley-type hybrid preferable to the plain volleyball?

Also, on a (softcore) multi, the script needed experience to level up, and burned turns in the Haunted Pantry instead of higher-level areas. On that same multi it's also gotten beaten up a few times. Still trying to figure out interactions -- for a while WHAM was not triggering so it was simply attacking with a weapon. I've fixed that -- any further suggestions for where to look/check?

Winterbay

It currently uses a hardcoded list of common volleyball familiars, if you want it to use your Bitten set bcasc_defaultFamiliar to "Cheshire Bitten" and it'll do just that.

ALso, without printout from the CLI from where it started to level and where it gets beaten up it's hard to help.

Also, I wonder if you're the same Bobby Corno I chatted with in the KoL chat for like 6 or so years ago... (discussing the merits of Peter Schickele and his PDQ Bach parodies in relation to your user name...)

BobbyCorno

Thanks, Winterbay.

Here's the log from where it sent my multi to the Haunted Pantry for leveling :

Code:
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry] and need to set it as so.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
 > BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
 > Level 2 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
 > BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
 > Level 3 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
 > BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
 > Level 4 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [bats1].
 > BCC: Maximizing '+1000 stench res'
 > BCC: Maximizing '+1000 stench res'
 > There is some error getting stench resist - perhaps you don't have enough Myst to equip the air freshener? Please manually sort this out.
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [bats2].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [bats1].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
 > BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 20 base Primestat
 > BCC: Maximizing ''
 > I need 20 base Moxie (going levelling)
 > BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
 > BCC: Using a default stat familiar.

familiar Blood-Faced Volleyball (6 lbs)

[124] The Haunted Pantry
Encounter: fiendish can of asparagus

And, yes -- I'm pretty sure I am the same BobbyCorno who would have spoken to you about Peter Schickele. I'm still playing the french horn (semi-professionally, even!) so the nickname here is quite appropriate.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
And, yes -- I'm pretty sure I am the same BobbyCorno who would have spoken to you about Peter Schickele. I'm still playing the french horn (semi-professionally, even!) so the nickname here is quite appropriate.

<veer>I was a very young child when I first heard that bit. My father was a horn player and one of his best friends was a horn player and both spouses were musicians and a tape of that bit got played almost every time the families were together. To this day, something seems amiss when I hear a "straight" performance of the Fifth. I've also been in a chorus a couple of times that performed works by P.D.Q Bach and Peter Schickele, conducted by Schickele.</veer>

Winterbay

<veer>I was a very young child when I first heard that bit. My father was a horn player and one of his best friends was a horn player and both spouses were musicians and a tape of that bit got played almost every time the families were together. To this day, something seems amiss when I hear a "straight" performance of the Fifth. I've also been in a chorus a couple of times that performed works by P.D.Q Bach and Peter Schickele, conducted by Schickele.</veer>

<continued veer>I am now very envious of you. I'd love to attend anything that Schickele does, but Sweden is a bit far away from the US :)</veer>

Jump the Shark

This may be a silly question, but is there anyway to stop the ascension script after I start it short of just X'ing out KolMafia?

Also, how can I get it to use clovers to get the ores in the level 8 quest? Is there a way to mark quests as "complete" manually or subsections of quests? I got the ores manually with clovers but the script still wants to collect the mining gear and mine for the ores.

Winterbay

There is an alias that the script creates called bcasc_set, that if called with a parameter will set the stage completed related to that parameter, so in your case "mining". Anddno, at the moment you cannot get the script to do that clovering for you.

ABorting the script should work by just pressing "Esc" on your keyboard.

Uli

I've been getting this error for the last day:

Multiple matches against Degrassi Knoll.
Bad location value: "Degrassi Knoll" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2720)

Any way I can fix it temporarily?

Theraze

Since the meatcar and screwdriver are both found in the garage, I just replaced the 4 general degrassi sections with the garage specifically.

svn update bumcheekascend-bumcheekascend

Jump the Shark

Hmm. After updating the script to the one in the post above me I get this message when trying to run:

Bad location value: "The Degrassi Knoll Garage" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2720)

EDIT: It seems to me that those born under the moon signs that allow access to the degrassi knoll from the start of the ascension don't have access to the degrassi knoll garage. Could this be causing the problem?

EDIT^2: After commenting out all lines that mention the garage I get this error during the script attempting the Level 11 quest:

BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: Obtaining and Reading the Diary

Shrugging off your buff...
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric removed.
Casting The Moxious Madrigal 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 10 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was successfully cast.

Visit to Beach: Moxie Vacation in progress...
Unknown adventure type encountered.

[800] Moxie Vacation

Last edited:

Theraze

You aren't using the right daily build. Update mafia. Then put back all the lines you removed regarding the Garage, since KoL itself has changed from one Degrassi Knoll area to four.

Mafia doesn't have support for automating the new vacation yet. Do 3 manually and build the dinghy. Least it only takes 3 vacations now, rather than the 5 it did last week...

Jump the Shark

I just updated to the hourly build of KolMafia and reinstalled all the scripts. I am still getting the same problem.

Visit to Beach: Moxie Vacation in progress...
Unknown adventure type encountered.

[801] Moxie Vacation

Theraze

Read the second line from my post. And then follow directions and do those 3 vacations manually. The script will resume automation after that.

bumcheekcity

Is the daily dungeon still broken? From a look at the code, it seems like updates to mafia should mean that the script works, without needing to change anything in BCA.

bumcheekcity

So I'm trying to add the new shore stuff, and got this far:

Code:
if (item_amount($item[dingy dinghy]) == 0 && item_amount($item[skeletal skiff]) == 0) {
		if (index_of(visit_url("beach.php"), "can't go to Desert Beach") > 0)
			visit_url("guild.php?place=paco");

while (item_amount($item[Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip]) < 3) {
			switch (my_primestat()) {
				case $stat[Muscle] :
					set_property("choiceAdventure793", "1");
				break;
				case $stat[Mysticality] :
					set_property("choiceAdventure793", "2");
				break;
				case $stat[Moxie] :
					set_property("choiceAdventure793", "3");
				break;
			}
			adventure(1, $location[The Shore, Inc. Travel Agency]);
		}

buy(1, $item[dinghy plans]);
		cli_execute("hermit planks");
		cli_execute("use dinghy plans");
		if (item_amount($item[dingy dinghy]) == 0) {
			abort("There was a problem creating the dinghy. Please do this manually.");
		}
	}

But that just aborts at the buy() function with "dinghy plans: you are not yet out of ronin, and are unable to buy this item from a NPC store.". Does mafia not yet support this, or am I missing something?

Bale

Minion
It's a coinmaster since you purchase with scrip, not meat. The function that you need to use is boolean buy( coinmaster, int, item ). Try:

buy($coinmaster[The Shore\, Inc. Gift Shop], 1, ($item[dingy dinghy]);