bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

I know it's not a priority, but I'm grabbing the HCO rewards, and today I ran out of adventures before the script did any spleening (was busy IRL, so tried the script instead of manually running the turns).

Any way grabbing spleen can be a higher priority in Oxyruns, or say if you fire up the script and don't have many adventures?

Luckily I don't really care about turncount so much but I didn't want to blow one at level 7 so I could use my rogue program and grab some tokens. ;)

It's not something I'm desparately going to prioritise myself. To be honest, with HCO, you've only got 40 turns a day so running them manually isn't a massive timesink.

It's not something I'm desparately going to prioritise myself. To be honest, with HCO, you've only got 40 turns a day so running them manually isn't a massive timesink.

That's what I've been doing on them, aside from the one day. Meat maid +time halo +various other things I can squeeze in a few more, but yeah, very few adventures per day.

It's actually nice, I only adventured in the smut orcs maybe twice, since between the bridge and faxing a few perverts I had all the parts I needed. Now I'm faxing lobsterfrogmen. :D

lightwolf

I tried to ascend myst sign (in HC BIG!) so I could do the myst quest later on. The script flipped its wig trying to set the MCD though =/

Code:
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [knob].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
4 combinations checked, best score 58.38
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Baby Bugged Bugbear'.
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Resetting mind control device...
You failed to set the mind control device
Maximizing...
Maximizing...
Maximizing...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

ect ect ect

Last edited:

Theraze

Probably due to the Canadia change that happened today. Once mafia knows how that changes links, it should work normally again.

lightwolf

Makes sense. I guess also i Big it should almost never set the MCD anyway. Though Big is not currently officially supported.

Edit: Oh. I just set the MCD flag to false in the bum script rellay. that fixed things. woo.

P.S. Would love an option for it to do psychosis jar instead of 8 bit realm.
P.S.S Or skeletal skiff instead of shore.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Makes sense. I guess also i Big it should almost never set the MCD anyway. Though Big is not currently officially supported.

Edit: Oh. I just set the MCD flag to false in the bum script rellay. that fixed things. woo.

P.S. Would love an option for it to do psychosis jar instead of 8 bit realm.
P.S.S Or skeletal skiff instead of shore.

There is an option for skiff, isn't there? I'm sure I got asked to put in an option for it or something. (Although this doesn't mean it actually happened...)

Crowther

There is an option for skiff, isn't there? I'm sure I got asked to put in an option for it or something. (Although this doesn't mean it actually happened...)
The problem is you don't get the skiff until day two. By then the script have already done it's shoring. My own copy has shoring disabled, so it gets stuck when it tries to go to the pirate cove, but by then I'm pretty much down with day one.

Ioeth

I've noticed over my last couple of ascensions that the script is crashing out while farming white pixels for the digital key as well as charts, stars, and lines for the star gear. I think that this might be because workarounds were introduced to correctly handle these zones when the store updates were pushed into KoL before there was support for them in Mafia. Could someone take a look and see if these workarounds can be removed? When I get to farming for star gear later today, I'll post the crash I'm getting.

Winterbay

I've removed the partial removal of the 8-bit fix. It should be the same as it once was, I think... Please let me know what problem you have at the stars since I've not noticed that so far.

Ioeth

Here's the issue I'm having with the HITS:

Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_macguffinpalin => 115
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [hits].
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_items on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=2
Putting Gog the Smiling Rat back into terrarium...
Taking Gonald the Pair of Stomping Boots out of terrarium...
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Peeled Eyeballs, use 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 444 Meat
Items sold.
Maximizing...
168 combinations checked, best score 413.25
Putting on tap shoes...
Equipment changed.
Putting on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: levelMe(332, false) called.
Maximizing...
60 combinations checked, best score 413.25
BCC: But we don't care about safe moxie so we won't bother.
Conditions list cleared.
Mood swing complete.

Visit to Beanstalk: Hole in the Sky in progress...

[685] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Astronomer
Strategy: /Users/ioeth/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia/ccs/default.ccs [default]
Round 0: ioeth wins initiative!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 9-shot with attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon, attack with your weapon and attack with your weapon.
Round 1: ioeth executes a macro!
Round 1: ioeth attacks!
Round 2: astronomer takes 113 damage.
Round 2: Gonald gives him the boot for 21 damage.
Round 2: astronomer takes 21 damage.
Round 2: ioeth attacks!
Round 3: astronomer takes 111 damage.
Round 3: ioeth attacks!
Round 4: astronomer takes 111 damage.
Round 4: ioeth wins the fight!
After Battle: Gonald forms a one-pair-of-boots chorus line.
You acquire an item: star chart
You gain 15 Muscleboundness
You gain 20 Magicalness
You gain 47 Sarcasm

Verifying ingredients for star hat (1)...
You need 5 more star to continue.
Star chart crafting was unsuccessful.

Also, the problem that I'm having with pixel farming doesn't result in a crash like this, but it does appear to be doing a full inventory refresh after every adventure behind the door.

lightwolf

it spent 52 adventures at the oil peak =/

Granted I'm myst sign so mcd isn't supported yet (i should update mafia again soon...), but it could have done Ur-kel's, Drescher's, and attempted to do MCD and/or swim laps to get 50ML.

I see a general ML option in the relay, but I might only want ML for those quest and to ignore ML otherwise. Both for survivability in low skill runs or doing Big runs when ML otherwise dose not matter.

Theraze

Did you use the value from 0.51, bcasc_AllowML?
- Add setting bcasc_AllowML to allow +ML if the user wants to, in conjunction with bcasc_ignoreSafeMoxInHardcore this will also always run with mcd = 10
Looks like this should maximize for ml if you've set that to true...

lightwolf

Did you use the value from 0.51, bcasc_AllowML?Looks like this should maximize for ml if you've set that to true...

I assumed that was maximizing ML for your entire run? Or does that mean it will only break out the ML for quest?

Also spent 33 turns in the top floor castle today. Though a mowhawk wig did drop naturally it did not attempt to use it. It seemed to have went for rocket ship first (instead of handing in airship miniature to complete wheel/quest: Which connects all 4 non-combats now.) Then it got the goth/steampunk again, but had no model to give still so wasted a turn. Got the record 7 turns later, and ran out of adv after 9 more turns. Probably could have saved 10-20 turns there.

Pick up model airship while on airship. Unlock wheel first before unlocking HitS. And having mowhawk equiped in case you get the other pair of NC's first (which then connects all 4 NC so you can unlock the HitS on the next NC regardless)

lightwolf

I mean, normally for lazy scripted runs you would just ignore ML to make combat easier and more reliable (because turn count isn't your goal). But with the new level 9 quest, having ML there is the difference between 12 turns and 50. which is a significant 38 turn saving. So having a special 'use ML for this specific quest if you have the skills to handle it' to attempt to maximize up to 50ML there seems worth considering.

I do appreciate that it has smut orc added to the fax bot code for keepsake boxes already.

Crowther

Also spent 33 turns in the top floor castle today. Though a mowhawk wig did drop naturally it did not attempt to use it. It seemed to have went for rocket ship first (instead of handing in airship miniature to complete wheel/quest: Which connects all 4 non-combats now.) Then it got the goth/steampunk again, but had no model to give still so wasted a turn. Got the record 7 turns later, and ran out of adv after 9 more turns. Probably could have saved 10-20 turns there.
The top floor code is a mess. I posted my version a while back, but mine is not perfect either.

The model airship has only very recently been supported in mafia. BCC doesn't touch that setting, so if you set it right, it will work.

ML for speeding up quests has never been supported. Here's what I'm currently doing. Sorry BCC about hitting your servers looking for an ml familiar file that doesn't exist.

EDIT: I forgot about the new ML buff. I've got that patched too. View attachment ml2.patch

Attachments

• ml.patch
    1.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Winterbay

ML for quests are used in the relevant quests (oil peak and cyrpt) if you have allowML set to true. There also is a ML-familiar fiale, called bcs_fam_ml.txt (containing
Code:
1    Baby Bugged Bugbear
2    Purse Rat
3    smiling rat

bumAdv() will set +ML buffs if called with the mood-parameter "l" (That's an L) which currently only contains Ur-Kel (and the Jarlsberg-buff as well).

Edit: Why would you want -combat in the Alcove? We are after all fighting a "normal" monster to advance the quest.

Last edited: