bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

I would guess that if you've got skeletons, you probably want the skiff. I'd feel that an option bcasc_useSkeletonSkiff (default false) would be more appropriate, however - simply on the grounds that I generally try not to change default behaviour if possible.

bumcheekcity

Consideration of BIG path:

The extra ML might make us try to overlevel as a moxie class. Our usual strategy of out-moxie and plink (for moxie/muscle classes) might not work. Saucerors seem to be the best way to go as they are basically invincible.

Just considering how we handle levelling in BIG. Might be worth shifting the emphasis onto the player using WHAM! or similar and then ignoring safeMox().

Uli

If you create the skiff yourself it will skip it as it stands now, but it won't create it. Is there really no other good use of the skeletons than the skiff that a player may want to use it for in case skeletons are found in the inventory?

Well, the buddy stats are handy on day 1 run and the rogue's extra meat is handy in a Fist run, but that still usually leaves you enough leftover to have the total 7 skeletons for the skiff on day 2. But since the script usually does the shore on day 1, you usually don't have a chance to make the skiff (since you can't make it until day 2 no matter what). I think not changing the default, but giving the user a chance to skip the island unlocking or leave it to the player would be great, though will that screw up with any other steps?

Prior to level 11, not having the island unlocked messes up the part in the script that wants to get the hippy outfit as well as getting the pirate fledges. I don't know if messing with the dingy/skiff will screw all that up and become a bigger headache than I realize.

Crowther

I would guess that if you've got skeletons, you probably want the skiff. I'd feel that an option bcasc_useSkeletonSkiff (default false) would be more appropriate, however - simply on the grounds that I generally try not to change default behaviour if possible.
I was trying to think like Hola who always tries to avoid options if possible. I'd be perfectly happy with bcasc_useSkeletonSkiff.

Although that makes your question mute and I'm not much of a speed ascender, I'm pretty sure the skiff is the best reason for choosing skeletons.

Consideration of BIG path:

The extra ML might make us try to overlevel as a moxie class. Our usual strategy of out-moxie and plink (for moxie/muscle classes) might not work. Saucerors seem to be the best way to go as they are basically invincible.

Just considering how we handle levelling in BIG. Might be worth shifting the emphasis onto the player using WHAM! or similar and then ignoring safeMox().

Shoot. I didn't think about that, since I always ignore safeMox. People have been reporting that low skilled runs are difficult. It might be considerably more difficult than I initially expected to support no-skilled zero-setup BIG! runs.

bumcheekcity

i'm entirely happy to offer limited support for pathed runs. While supporting all runs would be good, the point of the script for me remains easy karma grinding - if someone wanted to play runs, they'd just play them.

I've started a muscle playthrough, unscripted. It seems that the script would probably do alright just ignoring safeMox() but probably best to do a Sauceror run as then you could just murder the crap out of everything and not have to worry, so long as you got init, which you probably would. I'd be fine with saying that moxie / muscle BIG! runs aren't well supported (for example).

[The above has the obvious caveat that if anyone fancies having a bash at making life easier for any particular path, go for it - that's the whole reason for the SVN!]

Crowther

i'm entirely happy to offer limited support for pathed runs. While supporting all runs would be good, the point of the script for me remains easy karma grinding - if someone wanted to play runs, they'd just play them.
I'm about to start grinding out my sea outfit, so I guess I'll be trying every class. I'm sure I'll start playing with optimizations. It doesn't really affect me if zero skilled players can't use this script, I was just having fun speculating.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
You can't make a skiff until day 2 (skiff = 7 skeletons) of a run typically and as it is BCA tends to try to unlock the island towards the end of day 1. An option would be nice.

bumcheekcity

I think the script faxed a smut orc pervert even though the bridge was complete. Just posting to remind myself to check this after I come back this weekend.

Winterbay

It shouldn't...
Code:
if (my_path() != "Bees Hate You" && p > monster_attack($monster[smut orc pervert]) && to_int(get_property("chasmBridgeProgress")) < 30 && to_int(get_property("lastChasmReset")) == my_ascensions())
        return $monster[smut orc pervert];
I think that should only be true when the bridge is not done yet...

bumcheekcity

Ah, I had some problems with my data files recently, and may have lost chasmBridgeProgress or similar, so this probably not an issue with the script.

I thought it was weird because I started the script at high levels before and never had a problem.

Uli

Since you are considering adding an option for the skeleton skiff/island unlocking, I have one other request to make...could an option also be added to be make a run weaponless? There's a warning in Mafia if you are going to lose the Kung Fu Fighting buffs, but I would assume bumcheekascend overrides it. Since it is potentially a nice option for combat these days, particularly in BIG!, it might be nice to have a feature to be sure the script doesn't enter a combat with a weapon equipped to break the buffs. Thoughts?

Anyone have any idea why it doesn't heal?

Restoring HP! Currently at 43 of 90 HP, 105 of 188 MP, current meat: 1936 ... Target HP = 90.
Did not fully restore HP for some reason.

I have enough meat to heal, and it's set to heal at 90%, not sure what the problem is.

Theraze

Two things.
One, BCA doesn't control your healing. That's on you to decide if you want to use UR or mafia's built in handling or something else of your own choice.
Two, if you've left it up to mafia and your only restorative option is Galaktik, it will only heal up to your minimum level rather than the maximum... if you have it set to heal to 90% when you reach 45%, then everything is running normally.

Two things.
One, BCA doesn't control your healing. That's on you to decide if you want to use UR or mafia's built in handling or something else of your own choice.
Two, if you've left it up to mafia and your only restorative option is Galaktik, it will only heal up to your minimum level rather than the maximum... if you have it set to heal to 90% when you reach 45%, then everything is running normally.

I am using both Mafia's settings and UR's set to heal at 90%, I never had a problem before. It usually only uses Galaktik's restores.

roippi

Developer
People are trying to politely tell you that you should be posting in the UR thread instead of here, and you aren't getting it. So more bluntly: you should be posting in the UR thread instead of here.

Small issue- having a necroteliwhatitsname in inventory makes WHAM (& probably the built-in consult scipt too) to be unable to finish combats against spooky monsters- no shield(butt), spell do 1 dmg and as a PM (where you'd be the most likely to run into a necroteli in the first place) not enough muscle to hit with attacks- atleast not in big!.
I autosold it and it works fine now, but since this is the second time this happened to me I figured I'd ask to ban those (and other spellbooks?) from the maximizer. AFAIK, they over-ride flavour, so that won't help, sadly.