bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Yep, most likely. Unless you had had a better +HP weapon I guess.
Changing the line of the maximize command from "cli_execute("maximize hp");" to "cli_execute("maximize hp, -equip black kettle drum");" should solve it I guess but won't let you use the drum for increasing your HP.

I have to play with this some more...and I didn't mean it started in 0.28.

I ran the script earlier today on a multi and it stopped when the counter checker fired, and in the CLI it showed where my last semi-rare was and how long before. I grabbed that, adventured once and ate another cookie so I believe it'll work fine tomorrow on that multi. If so I'll double check I'm running things the same on my main and see how it goes.

Ok, I'm not crazy. 0.28 script, mafia r9560, and counterchecker fires but the ascend script keeps going. Yesterday on my multi's account the script stopped and I grabbed distilled wine. Today on that account I had 1 adventure before the semi-rare after logging in so I manually did that, grabbed a knob lunchbox, and adventured in the pyramid and fought a tomb servant. I then ate a fortune cookie to set the counter and then fired up the script. Here's the CLI output:

Code:
Request 3 of 17 (Farm: Barn) in progress...

[1178] Barn
Encounter:     generic duck
Strategy: C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\GiantFarm.ccs     [default]
Round 0: ferdinard wins initiative!
Round 1: ferdinard     executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdinard casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round     2: ferdinard attacks!
Round 3: Meaty Pie Maker pulls a bone shard out     of the organ grinder and stabs it for 31 damage, shouting "Stick that up     yer Khyber, ya chav!"
Round 3: ferdinard attacks!
You lose 1     hit point
You lose 14 hit points
Round 4: ferdinard attacks!
Round     5: ferdinard wins the fight!
After Battle: Meaty Pie Maker rummages     through your defeated enemy's body for organs to grind. He holds up a     little extra Meat. "Oi, guvna, 'ere's some extra Pie and Mash!" he says,     winking.
You gain 213 Meat
After Battle: Meaty Pie Maker rummages     around in its body, picking a few choice bits to put in his grinder.
You     gain 26 Beefiness
You gain 10 Mysteriousness
You gain 14 Sarcasm

Request     4 of 17 (Farm: Barn) in progress...
_version_BaleCC => 1.4997
Checking     counters now.
Semi-rares choices are not     automated in hardcore or ronin.
Your last     semi-rare adventure was at Outskirts of The Knob, so plan     accordingly.
Fortune Cookie counter expired.     Last semirare found 194 turns ago (on turn 984) in Outskirts of The Knob

[1179]     Barn
Encounter: generic duck
Round 0: ferdinard wins initiative!
Round     1: ferdinard uses the chaos butterfly!
You lose 13 hit points
KoLmafia     thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
Round 3: ferdinard     attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 4 but KoL thinks it is round 3
You     lose 12 hit points
Round 4: ferdinard attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is     round 5 but KoL thinks it is round 4
You lose 5 hit points
Round 5:     Meaty Pie Maker shouts "McIntyre!" and flicks some ash from his stogie at     it, burning it for 31 damage.
You lose 11 hit points
Round 5:     ferdinard attacks!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 6 but KoL thinks it is     round 5
Round 6: ferdinard wins the fight!
After Battle: Meaty Pie     Maker rummages through your defeated enemy's body for organs to grind. He     holds up a little extra Meat. "Oi, guvna, 'ere's some extra Pie and Mash!"     he says, winking.
You gain 248 Meat
After Battle: Meaty Pie Maker     rummages around in its body, picking a few choice bits to put in his     grinder.
You gain 21 Fortitude
You gain 11 Wizardliness
You gain     17 Sarcasm
You gain a Moxie point!
BCC:     Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best     score 144.75
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC:     Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Knob Goblin Organ Grinder'.
Resetting     mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

When I run low     on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Go     Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Seal     Clubbing Frenzy, cast 1 Seal Clubbing Frenzy
When I run low on Go Get     'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
When I run low on Rage of the     Reindeer, cast 1 Rage of the Reindeer
When I run low on Seal Clubbing     Frenzy, cast 1 Seal Clubbing Frenzy
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing     complete.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: We     should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN     set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control     device reset.

Request 1 of 13 (Farm: Barn) in progress...

[1180]     Barn
Encounter: Cornered!

Request 2 of 13 (Farm: Barn) in     progress...

Skip a bunch...and here's some more CLI output later:

Code:
Request 2 of 2 (Farm: Back 40) in progress...

[1192] Back 40
Encounter:     fire-breathing duck
Strategy:     C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\GiantFarm.ccs [default]
Round 0: ferdinard     wins initiative!
Round 1: ferdinard executes a macro!
Round 1:     ferdinard casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: ferdinard attacks!
Round     3: ferdinard attacks!
Round 4: Meaty Pie Maker pulls an unidentifieable     lump out of his organ grander. "Cor, that doesn't have Jimmy!" he     whistles, then flings it at it for 50 damage.
Round 4: ferdinard wins     the fight!
After Battle: Meaty Pie Maker rummages through your defeated     enemy's body for organs to grind. He holds up a little extra Meat. "Oi,     guvna, 'ere's some extra Pie and Mash!" he says, winking.
You gain     411 Meat
After Battle: Meaty Pie Maker grabs a bit of its insides,     squealing something about burning his Longers and Lingers.
You gain 30     Beefiness
You gain 9 Mysteriousness
You gain 14 Sarcasm

BCC:     Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best     score 145.75
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC:     Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Knob Goblin Organ Grinder'.
No     Adventures. How Sad.

> counters

Last     semirare found 208 turns ago (on turn 984) in Outskirts of The Knob

No     active counters.
> eat 1 fortune cookie

Searching for     "fortune cookie"...
Search complete.
Purchasing fortune     cookie (1 @ 40)...
You acquire an item: fortune cookie
You spent 40     Meat
Purchases complete.
Eating 1 fortune cookie...
You gain 1     Adventure
Lucky numbers: 291, 96, 158
Lucky number 291 ignored - too     large to be a semirare.
Finished eating 1 fortune cookie.

Yup...I missed a semi-rare for sure in there. :(

Winterbay

The clue to your problem is here:
Code:

Go to the counterchecker thread and find what the variable is named that you need to change. Set that to true and it will work.

The clue to your problem is here:
Code:

Go to the counterchecker thread and find what the variable is named that you need to change. Set that to true and it will work.

If that works, here's another person that will love you. :)

I believe this is the setting I'm looking for, so we'll see how that works out.
Code:
set BaleCC_SrInHC = true

I've noticed there are several places where BCCAccend just will not stop. Ballroom / Gallery leveling... you can mash on the escape button all you like, the script will not give up.

While that setting allow you to get a Sr, it takes the "most expensive in the mall" and in HC, that's not what you want. We need BCCAccend to stop at the CounterChecker so we can get our own semi rare, so we can get something useful.

Thank you for this script.

Winterbay

If you don't have a CounterChecker I think Mafia just aborts, doesn't it?

Also, it is possible to modify the CC script to only pick the ineteresting ones in HC but that takes some poking around.

bumcheekcity

the while() wrappers around the adventure calls stop the script from aborting for counters.

This is the intended bhaviour and will not be modified. Talk to Bale about how o set up your counterchecker scripts, or modify them yourselves - bccascend is working as intended.

Donavin69

First, I'd like to thank BumCheekCity for writing this script, its quite amazing.

I'm running the latest hourly build (9593) and running in softcore. I have the counterchecker, and the universalrecovery scripts active. The only issues I've run into so far are: I am always running out of meat (5 shore trips early in the run was expensive, I usually wait to do the 5th trip until level 11); I have no need to get the hippy outfit, in SC I pull the war outfit, and all consumables...

I must be completely honest with you, this works MILES above what I expected from an automatic script. However, there are some issues which I'm either too stupid to fix myself or aren't taken into account by the script itself. I am using it to complete a full HC ascension as Moxie, and it's performing admirably. Two things I noted, though, is that it tends to use a lot of meat when coupled with Bale's Universal Recovery (which, I suppose, might be fixed by acquiring a decent skillset) and also it does NOT use olfaction. Did I configure anything wrong, or should I just use a Custom Combat Script to have Mafia olfact what I find useful?

Ferdawoon

First, I'd like to thank BumCheekCity for writing this script, its quite amazing.

I'm running the latest hourly build (9593) and running in softcore. I have the counterchecker, and the universalrecovery scripts active. The only issues I've run into so far are: I am always running out of meat (5 shore trips early in the run was expensive, I usually wait to do the 5th trip until level 11); I have no need to get the hippy outfit, in SC I pull the war outfit, and all consumables...

For me, who tend to do HC runs (which is what the script was first intended for), getting the Hippy store opened pretty early on is great for getting cheap food and booze, which I guess is why it go to get the hippy outfit as soon as it can adventure there safely.

Still, I too get out of meat a lot, but I blame this on being in Beecore (never had any problem with meat in a HCNP run before).

bumcheekcity

I must be completely honest with you, this works MILES above what I expected from an automatic script. However, there are some issues which I'm either too stupid to fix myself or aren't taken into account by the script itself. I am using it to complete a full HC ascension as Moxie, and it's performing admirably. Two things I noted, though, is that it tends to use a lot of meat when coupled with Bale's Universal Recovery (which, I suppose, might be fixed by acquiring a decent skillset) and also it does NOT use olfaction. Did I configure anything wrong, or should I just use a Custom Combat Script to have Mafia olfact what I find useful?

Olfaction should be done via your CCS. I find the fairly unintelligent "olfact bloopers, dairy goats, etc., and attack everything else" works very well.

Otherwise, yes, I know that meat usage is a bit of a problem, though I haven't generally found it to be terrible myself, even for low-skill characters. There's nothing much I can suggest except using universal_recovery and tweaking your recovery settings appropriately. An early healing skill may well be very useful, and turn off the MCD via the relay options script.

schizophoenix

I love this script! One thing I wonder about, though, is whether it could be made to satisfice for Moxie rather than maximize it. For example, when I manually adventure, I wear a chef hat at low levels because my moxie is already high enough. Similarly, it would be nice if the script could maximize for regen subject to moxie requirements. Or something like that, I don't know anything about scripting or if this is possible.

Winterbay

Unfortunately the maximize()-command doesn't support limits on things. You can add mp-restore as a switch to use but there is really no way of specifying "I want to maximize up to 100 moxie, and then go for MP-recovery".

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Unfortunately the maximize()-command doesn't support limits on things. You can add mp-restore as a switch to use but there is really no way of specifying "I want to maximize up to 100 moxie, and then go for MP-recovery".

You can, actually. "maximize 5000 moxie max 100, mp regen min, mp regen max" should do it. Or maybe 100*5000 for the max if you put 5000 in to weight moxie very heavily.