bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

lightwolf

I occasioanly try to add buffs to my mood that bcc dosen't normaly deal with "Leash, sprringy, Urkels, ect" but for some reason bcc seems to remove these when ever it messes with the mood before whatever adventuring section.

Is there a reason it can't just ignore and leave buffs that don't directly affect any of the normal buffs it uses. That is it can modify +/- combats all it wants, but if I want to put holiday weight gain on there for whatever reason why can't it just leave it alone after that?

*edit* also i don't suppose there is some option in mafia or the script to prevent it from considering items in your closet when equipping/maximizing or such?

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Yes, there is a reason, it clears and recreates your buffs because there's no other way of doing it, and it's the only way of clearing +- combat and stuff.

Winterbay

I occasioanly try to add buffs to my mood that bcc dosen't normaly deal with "Leash, sprringy, Urkels, ect" but for some reason bcc seems to remove these when ever it messes with the mood before whatever adventuring section.

Is there a reason it can't just ignore and leave buffs that don't directly affect any of the normal buffs it uses. That is it can modify +/- combats all it wants, but if I want to put holiday weight gain on there for whatever reason why can't it just leave it alone after that?

*edit* also i don't suppose there is some option in mafia or the script to prevent it from considering items in your closet when equipping/maximizing or such?

You can edit them into the script yourself. I've done that with saucespheres as a sauceror :)

Also: Type "set autoSatisfyWithCloset = false" in the CLI and it should stop using the closet.

bumcheekcity

Yeah, I can't reproduce either. I'm releasing 0.28. This version fixes using consultMyst for softcore, and some other, mostly minor fixes, but it's been a while since a version update and I need a new baseline to start from.

The goal of this script is now shifting heavily back to moxie with the valhalla changes, particularly trying to get it to get good scripted 4/5 day HC with some IOTMS and skills, and hoping for 5-7 with lower skilled characters.

Last edited:

iamacow

I just wanted to post a small feature suggestion/how i fudged it if anyone has a similar wish.
I'm currently using this script more out of downright laziness than anything else and I am doing softcore to collect my missing tattoos. I don't have a fancy suit of equipment to pull, nor do I have a good set of skills to use, so I would just pull the best outfit I had as my stats increased at the end of each day. So when my run wasn't subronin and the script started running away from every battle I realized that that kind of sucked for me, so I decided I wanted to force to it use hardcore logic. I couldn't figure out a good way to do this in mafia or the script, so i just went through and replaced every instance of "in_hardcore()" with "true" and "can_interact()" with "false", which made for what seems to be an okay fix.

tl;dr - Is it easy for you to set a flag to ignore softcore/casual status or would simply telling people to fudge it like above be the better use of time?

The goal of this script is now shifting heavily back to moxie with the valhalla changes, particularly trying to get it to get good scripted 4/5 day HC with some IOTMS and skills, and hoping for 5-7 with lower skilled characters.

My last 4 runs were 5 day HCNP moxie class runs. I manually did day 1, using astral hot dogs right away (I like starting the run at level 4) and an astral shirt. The other days I tried to remember to fax something each day before I fired up the script, otherwise I pretty much fired up the script and when it ran out of turns, I'd eat/drink and then fire it up again...and then over drink at the end of the day.

I think fax use would be a good thing to incorporate. I don't know ideally what you'd want to choose each day though. I use the KGE day 1 to get the outfit fast (so I can do knob king that route and get MP restores day 1). Day 2 I yellow ray the pre-war hippy (since I usually drink the tavern mixed cocktails day 1 and get the island opened day 2), day 3 I did the ASCII art, and day 4 I did the lobsterfrogman. If I hadn't done the area yet and could bank the turns I'd hit another lobsterfrogman the beginning of day 5 and then finish the war.

For IOTM use, I use love songs to kill the Baron and Knob Goblin King early on, and I use them against the island war boss too (using cold songs against the hippy boss, telescope buff first so they do more damage). I'm sure there's a way I could use them more optimally but I haven't looked into it.

One thing I have noticed running .27 as a moxie class is the script doesn't use ur-kel's at all (at least not that I've noticed). I have a slimeling and a rogue program and so I usually have tons of MP, and when I manually do runs if I can handle the ML I run the bugbear or use ur-kel's (or both) in an area. Deciding how much and how much you want to use on MP restores to fuel shieldbutt or extra spell damage though are calculations I wouldn't want to begin to attempt...when I manually do runs I just try to max out the ML and find a way to survive. Muscle runs with hero, tao and shieldbutt can do it and mystic classes (especially sauce synergy with bander) can easily run a lot of ML. I permed Rage so I can shieldbutt decent as a Moxie class too.

asturia

Minion
I'm doing a softcore ascension as a moxie class.
Each time when I fire up the script now, I get the following message and then it stops:
Code:
 > BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
The dial goes only from 0 to 10

I'm level 8 at the moment.
The script ran fine in the beginning.

bumcheekcity

Is that 0.27 or 0.28? Did 0.28 ever work, and does 0.27 work now?

It's weird, that function should never try to set the MCD value to anything greater than 10. I took out the 11 when the moon signs changed and never bothered to put it back.

bumcheekcity

My last 4 runs were 5 day HCNP moxie class runs. I manually did day 1, using astral hot dogs right away (I like starting the run at level 4) and an astral shirt. The other days I tried to remember to fax something each day before I fired up the script, otherwise I pretty much fired up the script and when it ran out of turns, I'd eat/drink and then fire it up again...and then over drink at the end of the day.

I think fax use would be a good thing to incorporate. I don't know ideally what you'd want to choose each day though. I use the KGE day 1 to get the outfit fast (so I can do knob king that route and get MP restores day 1). Day 2 I yellow ray the pre-war hippy (since I usually drink the tavern mixed cocktails day 1 and get the island opened day 2), day 3 I did the ASCII art, and day 4 I did the lobsterfrogman. If I hadn't done the area yet and could bank the turns I'd hit another lobsterfrogman the beginning of day 5 and then finish the war.

For IOTM use, I use love songs to kill the Baron and Knob Goblin King early on, and I use them against the island war boss too (using cold songs against the hippy boss, telescope buff first so they do more damage). I'm sure there's a way I could use them more optimally but I haven't looked into it.

One thing I have noticed running .27 as a moxie class is the script doesn't use ur-kel's at all (at least not that I've noticed). I have a slimeling and a rogue program and so I usually have tons of MP, and when I manually do runs if I can handle the ML I run the bugbear or use ur-kel's (or both) in an area. Deciding how much and how much you want to use on MP restores to fuel shieldbutt or extra spell damage though are calculations I wouldn't want to begin to attempt...when I manually do runs I just try to max out the ML and find a way to survive. Muscle runs with hero, tao and shieldbutt can do it and mystic classes (especially sauce synergy with bander) can easily run a lot of ML. I permed Rage so I can shieldbutt decent as a Moxie class too.

I'm thinking (for faxes):

- KGE if you don't have the outfit AND haven't done the quest AND haven't got the harem girl outfit.
- ELSE an ASCII art if you haven't done the quest AND don't have the scrolls.
- ELSE an adding machine if you haven't done the quest.
- ELSE a lobsterfrogman. Which I will attempt to automatically arrow if the appropriate familiar is available. Until 5 barrels, of course.

Love songs or other items to kill the goblin king would be a fairly good idea, to be honest. I'll consider it as a feature request if you add it to sourceforge.

asturia

Minion
Is that 0.27 or 0.28? Did 0.28 ever work, and does 0.27 work now?

It's weird, that function should never try to set the MCD value to anything greater than 10. I took out the 11 when the moon signs changed and never bothered to put it back.
It was with the 0.27
When I encountered the error, I changed the settings so that it wouldn't use the MCD.
I've updated now to the 0.28 version and changed the setting again.
Untill now, no problems.

Theraze

Just to validate... what version of mafia are you using, asturia? If you're using an older version, that could be why it thinks MCD has a different range than it actually does...

natnit

I'm thinking (for faxes):

- KGE if you don't have the outfit AND haven't done the quest AND haven't got the harem girl outfit.
- ELSE an ASCII art if you haven't done the quest AND don't have the scrolls.
- ELSE an adding machine if you haven't done the quest.
- ELSE a lobsterfrogman. Which I will attempt to automatically arrow if the appropriate familiar is available. Until 5 barrels, of course.

Love songs or other items to kill the goblin king would be a fairly good idea, to be honest. I'll consider it as a feature request if you add it to sourceforge.

This is essentially how I do it, except I tend to do sleepy mariachi plus hebo Day 1. For a five day run it usually ends up being.

1) sleepy mariachi
2) ascii
3) lobsterfrogman + arrow
4) lobsterfrogman + arrow
5) miscellaneous tower item

Again, thanks for the great scripts. :)