bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

How about Xenomorph support? Like automatic equipment change, disabling other stat/drop familiars.

Meh. It's pretty marginal, to be honest. And I'd have to check for equipment. If someone can do some maths which shows it saving a fair number of turns, I might do it. Else almost certainly not.

CRennings

Not sure if you're aware, but .25 keeps trying to use ben gal balm as a TT, and as a result can't adventure.

EDIT: In beecore, that is, I hope that was implied, but realized that was an ambiguous statement.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Theraze, it doesn't matter. It's a bug in line 745 of the script. BCC changed line 597 to have the (correct) name of the skill using character entities rather than OS-specific character codes, but did not make the same change on line 745.

It is not Jar of Jam's fault.
It is not his OS's fault.
It is a bug in the script.

Clear?

Edit: I am willing to change ASH to make non-standard characters break on ALL OS's. What do you think? That will force script writers to Do The Right Thing, rather than release OS-dependencies and cause themselves no end of bug reports when it breaks for other people.

Last edited:

Theraze

Breaking for all sounds good. I was just guessing that the script had the Windows-only character, meaning that either the official script needs to be fixed, or the people not using his OS of choice need to keep fixing it over and over again.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am sure that this will elicit howls of rage and gnashing of teeth, but with Revision 9408:

> validate bumcheekascend v0.25.ash

Typed constant $skill[K‰sesoflesturm] contains non-ASCII characters (bumcheekascend v0.25.ash, line 745)

> validate newLife.ash

Typed constant $item[Newbiesportô tent] contains non-ASCII characters (newLife.ash, line 188)
Let the howling and gnashing - and constructive criticism - begin.

:)

Theraze

Thanks! At least now we shouldn't have the "Why does it not work for me when it works for other people?!" screaming. :)

bumcheekcity

Actually, I like that change. On the basis that apparently 9408 will be sadface with v0.25, I'll release 0.26 immediately.

By the way, why DOES that cause a problem on Linux machines but not on Windows machines?

Theraze

Because the \<number> shorthand is translated as ascii on windows, but *nix wants an explicit unicode/ascii call. Apparently.

bumcheekcity

Version 0.26 released. There are MASSIVE changes for this to accommodate softcore. Basically, it won't change your outfit in softcore. So what I'm doing is equipping an outfit that's awesome and starting. It skips the 8-bit and won't pull any items as well as many, many other changes.

I'm not supporting softcore for a few versions, because it's still fairly erratic, but if other programmers and ASH writers in particular want to give it a try and recommend changes, that's fine.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I like that change. On the basis that apparently 9408 will be sadface with v0.25, I'll release 0.26 immediately.
The nice thing about 9408 is that it forces Script Writers to change to accommodate users of the new version of KoLmafia, but users of older versions do not need to upgrade to use the updated versions of the scripts; using character entities in typed constants always used to work, but now scripts have to use them, rather than non-portable characters.

Tom Sawyer

Always include CLI output, please. It really helps to debug your problem.

> There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at the sourceforge page, linked from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963!
> You do not have a recoveryScript set. I highly recommend Bale's 'Universal Recovery' - http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=1780 - You may find this script runs into problems with meat without it.
> ******************
> Ascending Starting
> ******************
> Doing a check for Telescope Items
> Level 1 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
> BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
> Level 2 Starting
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild1].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
> BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
> Level 3 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [guild2].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
> BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
> Level 4 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
> BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
> Level 5 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
> BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
> Level 6 Starting
> BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [friarssteel].
> BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
> BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
> Level 7 Starting
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
In Red Text- You need 1 more Evilometer to continue.

Again this was me jumping from 1 computer to another. I still say kudos for a great script that is getting more powerful and fun to use.

Jar of Jam

For whatever reason script fails to recognize that I've completed the Cobb Knob King quest ( manually, going the Harem route ). It started collecting the Elite Guard suit, but when it got to the "Knob frosting" part, which drops only if you have a uniform, it didn't equip it.

bumcheekcity

> BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
> Level 7 Starting
> BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
In Red Text- You need 1 more Evilometer to continue.

Again this was me jumping from 1 computer to another. I still say kudos for a great script that is getting more powerful and fun to use.

Dumb as it sounds, did you have an evilometer and were you level 7 at this point? Did visiting the council give you an evilomteer and did the script then work correctly after this?

retracell

First of all, great script!

I'm using the script to ascend DB BM with a Black Cat and it's working great except with a few hiccups on hair spray and no meat. However I clearly have a better ranged weapon (a double barreled sling) with a couple of useful off-hands and it is still equipping the stolen accordion to fight.

bumcheekcity

Make an R+R Legend would solve that :p

BM is not supported, so small quirks may occur. I'm not sure why it's doing that, but the modifier maximizer can occasionally choose what seems to be suboptimal choices, because it's only looking to maximize moxie.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

Dumb as it sounds, did you have an evilometer and were you level 7 at this point? Did visiting the council give you an evilomteer and did the script then work correctly after this?

I was level 9 I believe at that point.

I checked again at level 12 and the script again stopped.

I think the council takes the Evilometer upon completion? I need to check that tomorrow. I have ascended and will see what happens when I defeat the bonerdagon.

bumcheekcity

OK, I'm seeing where this error occurrs and it shoudln't happen in 0.27. To fix your issue, type the following into the CLI:

Code:
ash set_property("bcasc_stage_cyrpt", my_ascensions);