bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

I think this would work as well, right?
Code:
buffer spamact(string whattodo) {
   return visit_url("fight.php?action=macro&macrotext=mark mafiafinal\n"+whattodo+"\ngoto mafiafinal");
}

void main(int initround, monster foe, string page) {
   page = spamact("if hascombatitem Divine Blowout;use Divine Blowout;endif;if hascombatitem Divine Noisemaker;use Divine Noisemaker;endif;if hascombatitem Divine Can of Silly String;use Divine Can of Silly String;endif;attack;");
}

Should do the same thing, but putting the whole macro together on one line instead. If my thinking is correct.

slyz

Developer
The way spamact() is defined, this will use a divine item, attack, use a divine item, attack...
The "goto" in the macro that spamact() submits won't happen if you add a "repeat" after "attack".

Ferdawoon

I just logged on to burn off todays adventures and I got this:
Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.17.ash

Reserved word 'try' cannot be used as a function name (bumcheekascend v0.17.ash, line 1495)
I have used v0.17 since it was released and not got that before. I also used the script yesterday morning without any problem and have not edited anything in it (especially not since yesterday morning).
Using the Get Latest Mafia Build-script so got the latest version.

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
The reserved word "try" was just added to mafia in the latest daily. If you do a find / replace on "try" to turn it into something like "bcc_try" you should be ok until his next release.

Edit to add: do your find / replace manually, as there are lots of places where "try" occurs that you don't want replaced, such as in location names.

bumcheekcity

Oh arse. Version 0.18 released, which is the most pathetically tiny update ever.

0.18- Only make an RNR Legend if you have relevant skills. Thanks, St. Doodle!
- Don't switch to the hipster if you're on a 100% run.
- Fix "try" now being a reserved word.
- Dont cast Mojo if you can't.

Ferdawoon

The reserved word "try" was just added to mafia in the latest daily. If you do a find / replace on "try" to turn it into something like "bcc_try" you should be ok until his next release.

Edit to add: do your find / replace manually, as there are lots of places where "try" occurs that you don't want replaced, such as in location names.
Yeh, it would be so much easier if I could actually see in the notepad what row of the script I am on so I can just let the script find the errors for me and edit them out =P

Last edited:

Winterbay

Slight bug in the telescope handling code: If you have already passed the stage for which you need an item (that you have farmed, either on the go or at level 13) it will try to get another one before moving on to the next level in case you restart the script (such as when you don't have all items needed due to too low of a telescope).

bumcheekcity

Slight bug in the telescope handling code: If you have already passed the stage for which you need an item (that you have farmed, either on the go or at level 13) it will try to get another one before moving on to the next level in case you restart the script (such as when you don't have all items needed due to too low of a telescope).

Sorry, I'm not quite follwing this. Is this a bug with a non-full telescope, or with all scopes?

PadainFain

What version of KoLmafia are you running? The change to the account menu made us unable to recognize that you were in hardcore, but that should be fixed in recent builds.

Build 8997. I guess that could be it but I've been playing every day so I would have thought I'd see it before.

I'll grab another new build anyway. :)

Winterbay

Sorry, I'm not quite follwing this. Is this a bug with a non-full telescope, or with all scopes?

Well, if you have a full scope the script will most likely have gotten all the items you need but if you don't the script will abort and tell you what you need. After you've gone to get that item the script will start trying to find the items you have already used on your way up to the point where the script aborted unless you change the setting to farm for telescope items to false.

Ferdawoon

Some infinite loop here.
Out of Adv as a Seal clubber:
Code:
[106] Spooky Forest
Encounter: warwelf
Round 0: ferdawoon loses initiative!
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 2: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You gain 15 Meat
You gain 6 Strongness
You gain 1 Magicalness
You gain 2 Chutzpah
Casting The Moxious Madrigal 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Moxious Madrigal (duration: 5 Adventures)
The Moxious Madrigal was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.

NardoLoopa

Suggestions:
- In the Fantasy Airship: Olfact random encounters (for SEEGAs). Then if you want to use Olf at the castle you can use one of the SEEGAs.
- check for existence of the 65473 scroll before setting goals for the chasm. If you already have the scroll, then don't look for the 'N', since obviously the the player might be trying to zap for it.

Yeh, it would be so much easier if I could actually see in the notepad what row of the script I am on so I can just let the script find the errors for me and edit them out =P

I use Notepad++. It's amazing how many features it has for a free text editor. I'd definitely recommend it over regular old notepad any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. :D

halfvoid

I think this would work as well, right?
Code:
buffer spamact(string whattodo) {
   return visit_url("fight.php?action=macro&macrotext=mark mafiafinal\n"+whattodo+"\ngoto mafiafinal");
}

void main(int initround, monster foe, string page) {
   page = spamact("if hascombatitem Divine Blowout;use Divine Blowout;endif;if hascombatitem Divine Noisemaker;use Divine Noisemaker;endif;if hascombatitem Divine Can of Silly String;use Divine Can of Silly String;endif;attack;");
}

Should do the same thing, but putting the whole macro together on one line instead. If my thinking is correct.

Works like a charm. Thanks very much to you and slyz.

Jar of Jam

I'll repeat myself - script's great, amazing even. But here are some more complaints / comments:

Script likes to get stuck at the leveling in the Ballroom - even after reaching the next level it just continues to adventure there, irregardless of dance card status.

Quick modification I've made, perhaps other will like it as well: I've added +ranged dmg to the mainstat -melee -ml -tie query - I've found that it really helps out at higher levels since the Shagadelic Banjo ( and I would assume the AT counterpart as well ) aren't powerful enough to deal with the mobs, hence player often ending up being Beaten Up.

Dankia_Talos

Coupla maybe small, maybe not things. Stasising against gremlins didn't work right until I did it manually one turn, instead of SUCKERPUNCH I was attacking with my weapon.
[1030] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Round 0: Dankia_Talos loses initiative!
> BCC: Right location.
> BCC: We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round 1: Dankia_Talos attacks!
Round 2: batwinged gremlin takes 28 damage.
Round 2: Eleven of Thirty-Seven extends a robotic tentacle tipped with acupuncture needles, and inserts them into key pressure points on your opponent. It slumps over, weakened.
Round 2: batwinged gremlin drops 10 attack power.
Round 2: batwinged gremlin drops 11 defense.
You lose 9 hit points
> BCC: Right location.
> BCC: We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round 2: Dankia_Talos attacks!
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 31 damage.
etc.

I have probably 600 lines of
> BCC: We have either a hand chalk or Chalky Hands already, so we'll use the hand chalk (if necessary) and play some pool!

And this might've been Mafia acting funny, but while I was adventuring in the 8-bit realm, none of my adventures were being displayed in the CLI. However, in going back and checking the log of my time in that zone, they display correctly. The only thing changing while it tried to adventure there was my adventure count going down, Mafia wasn't even recording my new items.

Also, infinite loop, while doing Gremlins, of "You don't have enough null. You're on your own, partner." which also isn't recorded in the session logs.