bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Arse, I thought I'd got it. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. If you hit pandamonium.php, I thought it started the quest, but apparantly not. It'll complete the quest without hitch once it's started in your questlog.
When I manualy went to the Pandamonium, I got the first welcome to the zone-message. I'm not sure if you try to go directly to the temple in the script and that it is somehow not letting you in as you have not yet been to the zone or something. Anyway, you do not get the quest, I think, until you visit the Temple and get kicked out by Azazel. So, go Pandamonium and then the temple and see if the script go for the Friarsteel.
If it is any comfort, apart from the Comedy club with the 2-hand and equipping the Offhand, the pandamonium part works like a charm, at least for me =D

Reset the flag as indicated in the post previous - I have to go over the innaboxen anyway. And yeah, I'll use the house.
Yup, Winterbay also mentioned somewhere before that simply moving the Set it as Complete inside the If-statement, or something, so that unless the innaboxens are not actually created, it will stay Not Completed.
EDIT Found Winterbay's comment about Innaboxen:
I've discovered a small problem with the Innaboxen-function. It checks to see if you've defeated the bonerdagon and if you have clovers for things. If you haven't (which you most likely haven't at least not as a Muscle class since the check for that is moxie > 110 before it tries to attack it) it sets the innaboxen to true and thinks that is that.
Moving the setting of that stage as complete into the if-statement above will at least make it check again every time you rerun the script until you actually have defeated the dagon.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

When running into the HitS as a muscle class you set the familiar to "items" and the mood to "i" and then try to level up to the safe point. This leads to tying to level up with a muscle class in the Gallery with +items only. I think that perhaps -combat and +stats would be a better combination.

Also, for some reason the script gathered 8 of each castle item before I stopped it and used the castle map manually.

Not able to replicate either of these. When I needed to level in the HitS, it changed my familiar and mood as required, and it did my castle perfectly yesterday. :S

The first time (after day-1) I run V16 each day I get the following:
Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [dinghy].
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: We don't have the HeBo equipped, so we're either on a 100% run or you just don't have one. Trying a pumpkin bomb. If you have one, we'll use it.

Harvesting your garden
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: Knob Goblin firecracker
Knob Goblin firecracker

I have a HeBo. Though, today I figured I'd be using it for the Miner, which I don't have access to just yet. Obviously I have no desire to farm a firecracker.

(if it makes an difference this is an AT run)

Fixed in 0.17.

After getting the Ballroom key from the bedroom (V16, AT run):
Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
Need     to Level up a bit to get at least 53 base Primestat
Conditions     list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 247
Substats: 0 / 0     / 247
[buffing]
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC:     Going to try to use some spleen items if you have them.
Using 1     agua de vida...
You gain 8 Adventures
You acquire an item: empty     agua de vida bottle
Finished using 1 agua de vida.
Spleen:     8 Agua: 0 Stick: 0 Token: 0
Total Spleen: 8
Maximizing...
402     combinations checked, best score 101.0

Request 1 of 57 (Island:     Barrrney's Barrr) in progress...

[350] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: toothy pirate
Strategy:     F:\kol\ccs\autoascend.ccs [default]
Round 0: NardoLoopa wins initiative!
(unable     to macrofy due to action: consult SmartStasis.ash)
Round 1: NardoLoopa     tries to steal an item!
Round 2: NardoLoopa attacks!
Round 3: toothy     pirate takes 23 damage.
Round 3: NardoLoopa attacks!
Round 4: toothy     pirate takes 41 damage.
Round 4: NardoLoopa attacks!
Round 5: toothy     pirate takes 23 damage.
Round 5: NardoLoopa wins the fight!
You gain     59 Meat
After Battle: Muadib smiles a three-lipped smile from beneath     the shade of his little sombrero.
You gain 4 Strongness
You gain 4     Wizardliness
You gain 15 Smarm

Okay, the problems are
1) i have 102 buffed mainstat, which is plenty for the Ballroom.
2) I haven't purchased the insult book. So after 10 adv in that zone I have 0 insults.

There are no problems. 102 buffed mainstat is nowwhere NEAR enough for the ballroom. And you're not at the Barrr to get insults - you're at the Barrr to level. It won't use the insult book because that would reduce your moxie.

When running a MUS class in hardcore I don't have access to putty, camera, fax machine etc and I don't have a HeBoulder. So I find myself without a Shield. Can I suggest that the script makes a Barskin Buckler during the Spooky Forest section if it doesn't find one in your inventory? Or has a switch for it maybe?

Oh and for your softcore notes... The Azazel quest checks fail because of items available from previous runs. I'm thinking that a simple way to fix any and all issues caused by softcore access to items that the quest checks for is to call a function that registers the total number of each available at the start of the first invocation of the script per ascension. Then write out the available amounts to a file and compare to those instead of to zero.

I'm going to leave the shield to the user, I think, at least for the time being. I'm not sure the best course of action if the bar skin doesn't drop, and whether people might want a chance at a peanut brittle, etc. I'm thinking of doing the LEW quest for muscle, and using clownskin shield for that. Willing to hear discussion on it, though.

And whilst I'm happy to make small changes to the script to have it work a bit better in softcore, I'd like it to be able to pick any ascension up from anywhere. I'm not seeing where the Azazel problem comes though. I call item_amount() for the items there for a reason - if they're on hand you can use them. Exactly where does it fail for Softcore?

A few minor suggestions on slight optimizations:

1) use a hipster for the temple
2) use the cupid tracker arrow on the Lobster Frogmen (and adv somewhere else), Astro. (okay, this isn't exactly 'slight')
3) use the hatter for +mox at least once you get the star hat. (if you fall short of a moxie requirement)
4) Don't buy a paint can for the +elem-resist if you have Elemental and are low on meat (3,000?)

1) Yeah, why not? Done in 0.17
2) I'm unsure whether I'm going to be supporting the cupid arrow at the moment. My thoughts are probably not as it seems pretty complicated.
3) Also seems a bit too complicated for a relatively small optimisation.
4) Good idea. Done in 0.17.

You don't clover for the first 2 sonar, and then avoid guano junction altogether? This is generally the best option in HC; in fact, you should never stay in in guano junction if you've opened one of the side areas, as beanbats at least give beans, and ratbat / batrats have a higher sonar drop rate. So even if you're running astral / elemental at 5 turns a pop, it shouldn't be too bad to do so until you get 1 sonar.

Can you clover without stench resist? If you can, that changes things.

StDoodle

Minion
Can you clover without stench resist? If you can, that changes things.

I don't think so, but since I have the passive resist permed I can't check for sure. But still, it means you only need to cast once. That's far less meat than trying to run it until you have all of your sonars, and generally less "expensive" than the turns needed to get an air freshener.

Edit to add: As Turtle pointed out on GD, it's also possible to use a parrot for the clover adventure; you don't lose out on anything using such an "unoptimal" familiar, as it's just a clover adventure.

Last edited:

NardoLoopa

Minor optimization:
If you're planning to do the Flyer and you need to level up to 11, use the bathroom instead to prep the GMoB. The stats aren't that bad.

An Angel idea: if you're doing the frat-side Beach, do it first to find a Lobsterman, arrow him, then do the rest of the side-quests. At worst the Lobster comes back during the Beach which still speeds it up. [just throwing out suggestions for easy things]

In doing the Battlefield, use the green pixie for 2 absinthe drops, then switch to bander and use the absinthe for 3-1. I always end the battlefield well before getting close to 13. Maybe others have different experiences.

I just verified on my mall multi that you cannot clover Guano Junction without stench resist.

What I do is use the exotic parrot with a clover, then you can move to beanbats and go for a bean while going for another sonar or screambat, then move to batrat after getting a bean, etc.

It requires a 13 lb parrot but that's easy to get with sympathy and a sugar shield, which you'd probably want a sugar shield anyway for red ray, item drops, etc (I don't have empathy permed yet).

Version 0.16, disco bandit.

While doing the junkyard, the script is trying to equip the frat warrior fatigues while they are already equipped, causing mafia to abort with a "You already have that outfit equipped" error.

Rinn

Developer
I got stuck in an infinite loop when I ran out of adventures trying to adventure to meet the cap'n for the first time.

Also it made a pumpkin bomb even though I have a he-boulder.

PadainFain

I'm going to leave the shield to the user, I think, at least for the time being. I'm not sure the best course of action if the bar skin doesn't drop, and whether people might want a chance at a peanut brittle, etc. I'm thinking of doing the LEW quest for muscle, and using clownskin shield for that. Willing to hear discussion on it, though.

I tend to agree with you. In the end I decided on getting a Pixel Shield - the advantage being you don't need to buy a tenderizing hammer, not to mention +5 MUS.

And whilst I'm happy to make small changes to the script to have it work a bit better in softcore, I'd like it to be able to pick any ascension up from anywhere. I'm not seeing where the Azazel problem comes though. I call item_amount() for the items there for a reason - if they're on hand you can use them. Exactly where does it fail for Softcore?

You're right. It hadn't failed for me there. I was just trying to think of things that might cause softcore issues and that isn't one of them.

Winterbay

Interesting problem with muscle classes (TT in my case) and the 8-bit realm. It tries to perform the following maximizer command which obviously fails:
Code:
maximize mainstat +equip continuum transfunctioner, 1 hand +melee +shield -ml -tie

Since you can't have both the shield AND the transfunctioner...

NardoLoopa

Minor Bug:
If you're leveling from 12-13 in the Ballroom with a Dance card and you hit level 13 you should ignore the remaining counters on the dance card and visit the council instead of continuing to adv in the ballroom until you hit the dance card.

HippoKing

BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].
Unable to interpret: , -melee
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

Muscle class, and I've got a digital key (although not gained through the script).

bumcheekcity

Version 0.16, disco bandit.

While doing the junkyard, the script is trying to equip the frat warrior fatigues while they are already equipped, causing mafia to abort with a "You already have that outfit equipped" error.

Sorted in 0.17.

Interesting problem with muscle classes (TT in my case) and the 8-bit realm. It tries to perform the following maximizer command which obviously fails:
Code:
maximize mainstat +equip continuum transfunctioner, 1 hand +melee +shield -ml -tie

Since you can't have both the shield AND the transfunctioner...

Ditto.

BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].
Unable to interpret: , -melee
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

Muscle class, and I've got a digital key (although not gained through the script).

Ditto ditto.

Minor Bug:
If you're leveling from 12-13 in the Ballroom with a Dance card and you hit level 13 you should ignore the remaining counters on the dance card and visit the council instead of continuing to adv in the ballroom until you hit the dance card.

I know. I can't think of a way of fixing it without giving an ugly red psuedo-error though.

I've also decided to continue to get the pine-fresh if you haven't got the passive skill, on the basis of lack of time. I'll happily integrate changes if anybody else wants to write fixes this or the one dance card thing previous.

Theraze

Regarding dance card, is it levelling up with a condition? If so, it should stop when it matches the condition, right?

Problem with doing it that way is that it throws out the pseudo-errors, as you said... could have it check against level though on the adventuring... something like
Code:
while (my_adventures() > 0 && my_level() < 13) {
if(get_counters("dance card", 0, 4) == "" && item_amount($item[dance card]) > 0) use( 1, $item[dance card] );
(!adv1($location[haunted ballroom],-1,""));
}

Winterbay

It's doing 4-5 turns in the ballroom to either farm for a card or wait for it to expire when you've used one. Between these sessions of 4 (dance card counter) or 5 (farming a card) turns it checks to see if you have reached whatever goal you set up so it's not using Mafia's goals.

Theraze

Well, I believe the code I posted works in all circumstances... it adventures, uses a card if you have one and no counter active, and stops when you either run out of turns or hit level 13... :)

Rahmuss

Anyone getting the sponge cake item number error? I don't have mafia here at work, so I can't remember the exact error; but it tries to run and immediately spits out an error with the sponge cake item on line 1369 or something like that. Newest daily build (from today) and .16 version of the ascension script.

cobalt60

Hi, first off, amazing script, and thanks so much for all the hard work that went into it!

I just started using it, helpful since work and other projects have killed KOL play time. A few questions, based on my experience thus far, but please note that these are just questions, and of trivial importance compared to how cool and convenient this script is!

1) Most of the script-stops Day1&2 seem to be me running out of meat, almost always because its trying to buy hairspray. Is it possible to "not fail" if I can't foot the bill for the mood swing?

2) I seem to swap in a Volleyball and a Dandy Lion quite a bit. I have a lot of familiars, but one notable FOTM I'm missing is the Bandersnatch. Is that a possible cause?

2b) Seems to not use Hipster for fights, correct? Any chance that could be a feature in the future?

3) Waaayy oddball question, but I do wonder if there's any "mode" that could be inserted to allow minor amounts of user input along the way. For example, if this flag is set "TRUE," the script would pause before the nuns quest and say "you should maximize +meat," or something, allowing me to summon/use stuff like snowcones, candy hearts, rabbit hole, VIP, and other buffs that I think are going unused (right?).

4) The blueprints part of the Cap'n quest - seems like the user has to "use" the blueprints, which is no biggie, but is it possible to confirm that I have items to fulfill one of the three requirements (if not, get it)?

I'm sure I'm oversimplifying #3, so feel free to give this one an FU, and again accept my thanks for this cool thing you made for us all!

Ferdawoon

Ascended as yet another AT today with v0.16 and Mafia tell me that:
Code:
Request 1 of 19 (Woods: 8-Bit Realm) in progress...
You can't hit anything there.
The reason is that I have no Main Hand weapon.
The maximizer command stuck in the tool say: mainstat +equip continuum transfunctioner, 1 hand -melee -ml -tie
I have no 1-hand ranged weapon though. I thought someone said that the script would go buy something from the armory or something?