bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

BCC: We have not completed the stage [wand].

For this stage, is the goal to get a wand? I've had the script run this stage and spend some time in the DoD, then leave without a wand or a mimic and think that this part is done. What gives?

Fixed in 0.15.

Regarding the trapper page, it looks like the trapper quest is set to true if the trapper page doesn't have the "reckon 3 chunks of" or "6 chunks of goat cheese text". If you're in the middle of a combat or there's something awry when visiting the page, any error will result in the quest flag getting set to true. There probably needs to be a more explicit check to verify that the quest is done, maybe by checking the quest log or somesuch.

Sounds good. Fixed in 0.15.

The script has problem when going from the ballroom (leveling up) and to the HitS if teh condition of 1 dance card hasn't been fulfilled. It then does one adventure in the HitS and stops. Addign a condition clear before going into the star farming is probably a good idea.

Fixed in 0.15.

Randomlord

Any ideas on when we will see 0.15??

I have a multi that can't get past the Friar's Gate portion even tho I have the organ of steel.

Thanks for all your hard work! I do appreciate it!

Randomlord

Winterbay

Any ideas on when we will see 0.15??

I have a multi that can't get past the Friar's Gate portion even tho I have the organ of steel.

Thanks for all your hard work! I do appreciate it!

Randomlord

Please read the thread. A fix for how to mitigate that has been posted a couple of posts back.

Funny_snake_100

This script is awesome

This is the first thing i've found since I found mafia itself that has made me sit back and have a "wow!" moment!

The only problem/confusion i've had so far is trying to control its familiar choice a little. it changes to a baby gravy fair for items, but i have a hound dog as well as a green pixie and jitterbug, all of which i feel would be better for different reasons, and I'm also wondering if it will switch to using my sandworm when that will get better stats than my bander.

but seriously awesome job!!

Winterbay

This is the first thing i've found since I found mafia itself that has made me sit back and have a "wow!" moment!

The only problem/confusion i've had so far is trying to control its familiar choice a little. it changes to a baby gravy fair for items, but i have a hound dog as well as a green pixie and jitterbug, all of which i feel would be better for different reasons, and I'm also wondering if it will switch to using my sandworm when that will get better stats than my bander.

but seriously awesome job!!

It does not switch to a sombrero familiar unless you change the code yourself. And if you think you have better choices of familiars than the script then you can edit the datafiles in the /data folder to be in the order and have the familiars you want. I've added my coffee pixie instead of the fairy for example, and also made it so it chooses my sandworm over the volleyball when my level is above 7 I think.

bumcheekcity

Released 0.14.1 - exactly the same as 0.14 with the friar's bit commented out.

Also released 0.15 which incorporates muscle ascensions, telescope checking and will probably break moxie ascensions like John Prescott breaks office furniture.

th3y

I'm going to change the priorities for familiars, methinks. It'll use some better fairies now :D

This would be awesome for filthy optimizers. Might I suggest a conceptual idea: what if you were to organize into two lists, one for "attacking" fairies and one for non-attacking. Then you pick from the desired list in specific situations, excluding the attacking fairies when attacks are not desired.

-Th3y merely suggest

This would be awesome for filthy optimizers. Might I suggest a conceptual idea: what if you were to organize into two lists, one for "attacking" fairies and one for non-attacking. Then you pick from the desired list in specific situations, excluding the attacking fairies when attacks are not desired.

-Th3y merely suggest

it's not as simple as that, because if you are using two familiars in place of one, you are splitting the experience gained by the familiars, making them both less effective.

Bumcheekcity, I'm currently in the middle of a moxie ascension. I could try to use 0.15 and weather out the bugs, but is this something you would be interested in (making 0.15 suitable for moxie classes as well) or are you forking it?

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Familiars which attack IN ANY WAY won't be officially supported. Just makes my life easier.

And to clarify, it's supposed to be one script, it's not a fork. So I'd recommend early adopters and fellow ash scripters use 0.15 and those who just want it to work use 0.14.1.

picklish

v0.15 seems to still be working just fine for moxie ascensions, at least in one day of testing. Nicely done. :)

(ETA: Also, I had a 5 day/1003 turn ascension from this script last week. <3 <3 <3)

I have some mood-related tweaks that I've been using:
* Use +items on the battlefield, not just whatever the last sidequest mood was using: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/c2de4435c6e67ce2bbc0804a70362fa57d62fcf4
* No need for +items on the Beach: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/26d1c6eed47099d37958ff52c2fe50602d1c5eff
* Use +items in the barrr for extra base booze: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/3fe3e3468295714f3bf59cf95e025c77fd8d56ee

I also have a few telescope-related suggestions:
* There's a manorpantry vs. pantry stage typo: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/e3621baaea97c3e4c5aebca63838f88285dd7e0a
* The messages from the telescope function are weird/wrong, especially for stage 7 with its commented out records or if you already have the item. I think this fixes things: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/71f89dcbadb840f14df585e37b77ce2f4a89f1ab

I was also wondering if the bcasc_telescope setting should be for whether you want the script to try to get the telescope items during the middle of an ascension, rather than for whether you should consider using the telescope at all. (If you have it, there's no reason not to use it right before the tower.) I often prefer to leave the telescope items to the end, where you have extra pumpkin bombs, yellow rays, olfaction, and heavier familiars because it saves turns. https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/7dd900fe04598066744b60e91efb397c8b9bf1e8

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

All done except the telescope one. I feel it's better if it picks up the items when the stats are more relevant. I'm willing to change the scope to just before the lair if people generally think it's better. Anyone want to chime in with any opinions?

StDoodle

Minion
There isn't a simple answer from the "optimal" perspective. One would normally factor in things like the timing of Yellow Rays, Olfaction, and consumption benchmarks before deciding whether to get those items now or later. But that's probably a bit beyond the scope of your script. ;)

The simplest solution would probably be to hardcode based on how long items take to get. For example, I'd never bother doing SotB for a mariachi g-string early on, unless I was burning off negative effects or something. You don't want to bother with black pepper until the last day, since you'd rather 1) use any free-zap days to get it with caviar and 2) the fifth basket only guarantees a pepper when all five are used in the same day. However, things like Angry Farmer Candy probably won't hurt to gather as you go.

I think the best bet is to just maximize your +items while adventuring normally at any location with a tower goal, overriding the use of stat familiars and such until said goal is met, but beyond that, backfarm. Honestly, this shouldn't change much, since most of the places with scope items are places you already want lots of +items anyway. Either that, or they're places you won't spend any time in (ninja stars, g-string).

Getting these things at a stat-appropriate level is nice when possible, but in no way outperforms meeting your lv6 consumption requirements, getting milk of mag. a day early, using an extra yellow ray, etc.

lightwolf

Version 15 bug.

It says it can't get to Barrrney's Barrr. The maximizer is not putting on or even taking off the pirate outfit (which i do have) before trying to adventure there.

I have manually put on the swash buckling outfit and bought the abridged dictionary so i know i definitely have the outfit in inventory. It keeps putting on my stainless steel pants and a cornuthaum though.

Code:
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We     have completed the stage [trapper].
BCC: We     have completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have     not completed the stage [piratefledges].
Maximizing...
115     combinations checked, best score 109.0
BCC: We CAN     set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control     device reset.
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Putting     Tofflesby the Jumpsuited Hound Dog back into terrarium...
Taking Fancy     Pants the Frumious Bandersnatch out of terrarium...
Conditions list     cleared.
BCC: Adventuring once at a time to meet     the Cap'm for the first time.

Visit to Island: Barrrney's     Barrr in progress...
You can't get to that area.

syrinxlui

This seems buggy. It always resets the mine. I was using version 0.14 (just noticed 0.15 now).

Conditions satisfied after 11 adventures.
Putting on outfit: Mining Gear
Equipment changed.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [mining].
Mining upwards: 3, 6.

[339] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire meat stack (3)
Mining upwards: 3, 5.

Mining top four rows: 3, 4.

Mining around found ore: 3, 3.

You acquire meat stack (3)
Mining around found ore: 3, 2.

You acquire an item: asbestos ore
Mining around found ore: 4, 2.

You acquire an item: stone of eXtreme power
Mining around found ore: 4, 1.

[340] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: asbestos ore
Mining around found ore: 5, 2.

[341] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: linoleum ore
BCC: Resetting mine!

[342] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining upwards: 2, 6.

[342] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You lose 39 hit points
Mining upwards: 2, 5.

[343] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: stone of eXtreme power
Mining top four rows: 2, 4.

[344] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four rows: 1, 4.

[345] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: lump of diamond
Mining top four rows: 1, 3.

[346] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four rows: 1, 2.

[347] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining top four rows: 2, 2.

[348] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You lose 47 hit points
Casting Tongue of the Walrus 1 times...
You gain 33 hit points
You lose an effect: Beaten Up
Tongue of the Walrus was successfully cast.
Casting Lasagna Bandages 3 times...
You gain 54 hit points
Lasagna Bandages was successfully cast.
Mining top four rows: 3, 2.

[349] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: chrome ore
Mining top four rows: 4, 2.

[350] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
Mining around found ore: 4, 1.

[351] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: chrome ore
Mining around found ore: 5, 2.

[352] Itznotyerzitz Mine (in Disguise)
You acquire an item: linoleum crossbow

StDoodle

Minion
BCC, I was looking into that issue (unsuccessfully) and noticed that you go for 8 insults; any particular reason? 6 is usually idea, but more than 7 is generally a huge waste of adventures. Is it that automating beer pong is too tricky w/o having all insults?