bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ah, okay. I ended up doing the junkyard semi-manually in the end, because this script doesn't take into account the fact that there is a version of each gremlin that doesn't have the tool. If it's not too much work, could you incorporate checking the gremlins' attack messages for the message that indicates the monster will not be dropping a tool?

I fixed the issue of the spanglerack reverting to a chefrack in nearly every zone by changing setFamiliar to happen after maximize in bumAdv.

bumcheekcity

Fix for potion of blessing at the gate: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/dea9bd242560fb4bd94b7e84faecee29bce58d22

Without this, it didn't know what potion it needed to get past the gate, and didn't think I had the right one.

I missed this. Added in 0.15.

https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/fb48347ba0c33faadbb5a5c4282086a7b7dbce88

And the red ray use.

https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/f2769c6eb7b5ec0ff590f922378567eaed7fdcff

And the gems, though I've added an opt-in setting for that.

https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/3f52f7272eef33811796126f95dbae104835f88d

And killing the war boss.

bumcheekcity

Ah, okay. I ended up doing the junkyard semi-manually in the end, because this script doesn't take into account the fact that there is a version of each gremlin that doesn't have the tool. If it's not too much work, could you incorporate checking the gremlins' attack messages for the message that indicates the monster will not be dropping a tool?

I fixed the issue of the spanglerack reverting to a chefrack in nearly every zone by changing setFamiliar to happen after maximize in bumAdv.

It already does this. Though good point about the familiar. That's a fairly easy fix :D

I had planned to release 0.15 about now - with the telescope upgrades. I'm going to put it off for a few days to get the pandemonium thing done. Stupid Jick and his releasing free and fun content for everyone to play.

NardoLoopa

Just finished my HCO run: 14days 990 turns. (75 skills and all the familiar trimmings)
99% of this was the script. I just handled Faxbot -- and not even close to optimally (forgot about it a few days)

Thanks, BCC. This was great.

before I forget about this:
Code:
Verifying ingredients for bone rattle (1)...
You need 1 more broken skull to continue.
BCC: We are doing the Mariachi part.
Maximizing...
144 combinations checked, best score 236.0
Checking prerequisites...
Maximizing...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

Also, the ! pots are weird. Not sure if you did the ID of them yet. But I had lots of pots and it thought I didn't have the Detect object pot. 60% of my pots were un-identified at the time. I stopped the script and used one, it happened to be the right one.

Then:
Code:
Request 1 of 41 (Sorceress: Sorceress' Hedge Maze) in progress...

[968] Sorceress' Hedge Maze
Encounter: topiary golem
Strategy: /media/usb0/kol/ccs/autoascend.ccs [default]
Round 0: NardoLoopa loses initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult SmartStasis.ash)
1/1 monsters drop goals here.
This monster is the best source of goals (1)!
Round 1: NardoLoopa uses the milky potion!
Round 2: topiary golem drops 3 attack power.
Round 2: topiary golem drops 2 defense.
Round 2: NardoLoopa uses the swirly potion!
Round 3: NardoLoopa uses the smoky potion!
Round 4: NardoLoopa uses the effervescent potion!
You lose 16 hit points
Round 5: NardoLoopa uses the dark potion!
All bang potions have been identified!
You lose 17 hit points . . .

bumcheekcity

Just finished my HCO run: 14days 990 turns. (75 skills and all the familiar trimmings)
99% of this was the script. I just handled Faxbot -- and not even close to optimally (forgot about it a few days)

Thanks, BCC. This was great.

before I forget about this:
Code:
Maximizing...
Maximizing...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

Also, the ! pots are weird. Not sure if you did the ID of them yet. But I had lots of pots and it thought I didn't have the Detect object pot. 60% of my pots were un-identified at the time. I stopped the script and used one, it happened to be the right one.

Then:
Code:
Request 1 of 41 (Sorceress: Sorceress' Hedge Maze) in progress...

[968] Sorceress' Hedge Maze
Encounter: topiary golem
Strategy: /media/usb0/kol/ccs/autoascend.ccs [default]
Round 0: NardoLoopa loses initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult SmartStasis.ash)
1/1 monsters drop goals here.
This monster is the best source of goals (1)!
Round 1: NardoLoopa uses the milky potion!
Round 2: topiary golem drops 3 attack power.
Round 2: topiary golem drops 2 defense.
Round 2: NardoLoopa uses the swirly potion!
Round 3: NardoLoopa uses the smoky potion!
Round 4: NardoLoopa uses the effervescent potion!
You lose 16 hit points
Round 5: NardoLoopa uses the dark potion!
All bang potions have been identified!
You lose 17 hit points . . .

Glad to hear it did so well, to be quite frank. I was genuinely quite unsure how it would handle things in HCO :D

I'll add some checks for a guitar/bone rattle/etc. in the mariachi part.

And I THINK the issue you're describing with the !potions may have been fixed already in 0.15. It's a little shaky, the !pot identification, though.

NardoLoopa

Some advice for those wishing to use the script for HCO:

1) You'll need to make a meat maid on your own. Faxbot or wait until the Crypt is finished and clover.
2) Remember to make a chrome sword (and equip it every day)
3) It's unlikely you'll get to lvl 4 on day 1. You might want to faxbot the 1000ML and yellow-ray it for your best chance.
4) As soon as you fill your spleen, yellow-ray, faxbot then quit for the day. (you should save adv for stat-days and the beginning of the lvl 11 quest (which needs lots of +items, so the script doesn't run spleeners -- and you'll end up short for the day)
5) You'll have plenty of faxbot/yellow rays. I suggest skipping the Orc Chasm by doing the ASCII then Adding Machine with faxbot.

These are strategies for "optimal" (I think that's counter to the idea of using this script in the first place). These are just little nudges that can make a big difference.

In version 0.14, the script farmed a ton of hedge maze puzzles without doing any rotation. When I noticed this I interrupted the script and did the rotations myself. I'm not sure how many it got in total, but even after doing all the rotations I had 5 puzzles left.

Another thing: I'm on the level 13 quest, having completed all other quests. However, whenever the script runs it always prints
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
despite the crypt being complete. It doesn't really affect anything as the script does work, but it's a minor display issue.

Last edited:

stannius

Meelgra issue fixed. Pumpkin/KGF thing has been fixed. I've done absolutely no math whatsoever on the pumpkin bomb thing. If anyone wants to post it, I'll make a change.

OK, I did some rudimentary math:
Combat frequency in the knob is 80%. There are 4 combats and one drops the firecracker with 100% chance. So on average, it will take 5 turns to get one firecracker (4.5 with the combat++ skills.)
I'll arbitrarily assume that you would use the pumpkin for 3 beers, which you would all have room for in place of decent (2 adv/drunk) booze. So 3.5 adv/drunk, total 10.5 adventures
So let's assume an opportunity cost of ~15 adventures to get a pumpkin bomb.

There are 5 locations in which the script attempts to use a pumpkin bomb.

Code:
Area         	Combat%	Mobs	Tgts	Drop Rates		Avg	Adv	Adv Saved
harem      	55%	2	1			15%	23%	 16.16 	 14.89 
hippy       	100%	7	7	5%	5%	5%	8%	 13.33 	 12.33 
war hippy	80%	2	1.5	10%	10%	10%	15%	 11.11 	 9.91 
palindome 	75%	7	1	35%	30%		49%	 19.15 	 15.90 
itz mine	70%	3	3	3%	3%	3%	5%	 31.75 	 30.75

combat% = combat frequency without modifiers
mobs = how many different monsters in the area
tgts = how many of those monsters drop the needed item(s). ignored sniffing. assumed equal probability.
Avg = simply the average of the relevent drop rates x 1.5 (assumed 50% +item bonuses)
Adv = 1/avg
Adv saved = Adv - average number of adventures it will probably take you to get to the relevant mob to yellow ray.

For the harem, I assumed you would get the outfit from noncombats by the time you got a perfume. I also ignored the ability to get a perfume via clover, which is hard to value precisely.
The mine is a little hard to figure since there are also noncombats. Last ascension I spent 20 adv there.
For war frat/war hippy outfit, I put in 1.5 targets, since there are two targets of which one has a 10% drop rate and one a 5% rate. With olfaction you could bump this up a bit.

So, based on this it seems quite reasonable to use pumpkin bombs in most cases. It's slightly marginal when looking for the islewar outfits, depending on your +item bonuses. It's good in the palindome, except if you have olfaction or more than 200% +items, in which case it won't really save you any turns at all.

All in all, it is a reasonable move for this script to make. IMHO. Well done.

Last edited:

picklish

Two more quick fixes, if you'd like them.

If you abort the script in between getting teleportitis and finding the oracle, it tries to burn off teleportitis. This fixes that: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/2f19c95e1289c148ec1a490448edf9855247b16f

I don't quite understand why the barrr speculation takes into account the monster level. It seems like it would go off and try to level when it could just set the MCD differently. Something like this might be better? https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/ba3a526b0efeeddedb28e4cb829a35b3ee7593d7

Ferdawoon

About lvl13 again.

When starting the lvl13 quest, the script seem to abort. It stop doing anything and the pane to the Left in Mafia turn red. I gave it a lil wait, and this is what it apparently was up to:
Code:
 > Level 13 Starting
> Updating bumrats_lairitems.txt from '2011-01-14 09:49:16' to '2011-01-25 06:25:45'...
> ...bumrats_lairitems.txt updated.
I assume it is intentional to update this file, but a lil note somewhere telling me what it is doing, and why it seem to not be doing anything, would be nice. "Going to update bumrats_lairitems.txt. This might take a minute." or something.

Also, I dunno what happened here but:
Code:
 > BCC: We see Gate of Humility
 > BCC: We have the effect/item, for that gate.
 > BCC: We see Gate of the Dead
 > BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.
It do not mention the third gate. It seemed to know what it was looking for though so I assume that is OK.

When restarting the script after having to find a marzipan skull on my own, I get this:
Code:
 > Level 13 Starting
 > BCC: We see Gate of Humility
 > BCC: We see Gate of the Dead
 > BCC: We see Gate of the Mind
 > BCC: We do not have the item for that gate.
 > BCC: The effect we need for the gate is Strange Mental Acuity
 > BCC: We could not yet determine which potion gives us the necessary effect.

use 1 large box
You acquire an item: smoky potion
You acquire an item: effervescent potion
You acquire an item: dark potion
You acquire an item: murky potion

use 4 small box
You acquire an item: milky potion
You acquire an item: swirly potion
You acquire cloudy potion (3)
You acquire effervescent potion (3)
You acquire an item: fizzy potion
You acquire dark potion (2)
You acquire an item: murky potion
 > Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1

familiar Jumpsuited Hound Dog (24 lbs)
 > BCC: Need moar combat! WAAARGH!
 > BCC: Need items!
 > BCC: The effect we need for the gate is Strange Mental Acuity
 > BCC: We could not yet determine which potion gives us the necessary effect.

uneffect The Sonata of Sneakiness

cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation

cast 1 Musk of the Moose

[1157] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Camel's Toe
Round 0: ferdawoon loses initiative!
Round 1: ferdawoon uses the cloudy potion!
 > BCC: We've identified cloudy potion already.
Round 2: ferdawoon uses the dark potion!
 > BCC: We've identified dark potion already.
Round 3: ferdawoon uses the effervescent potion!
 > BCC: We've identified effervescent potion already.
Round 4: ferdawoon uses the fizzy potion!
Round 5: ferdawoon uses the milky potion!
Round 6: ferdawoon uses the murky potion!
 > BCC: We've identified murky potion already.
Round 7: ferdawoon uses the smoky potion!
Round 8: ferdawoon uses the swirly potion!
 > BCC: We've identified all the bang potions we have to hand.
Round 9: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 10: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 11: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 12: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 13: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You acquire an item: star
You acquire an item: star
You acquire an item: line
You acquire an item: line
You gain 13 Strengthliness
You gain 13 Enchantedness
You gain 16 Cheek
 > BCC: We have found 4/5 important DoD potions

[1158] Dungeons of Doom
Encounter: Quantum Mechanic
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: large box
Round 2: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 3: ferdawoon attacks!
Round 4: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You gain 2 Strongness
You gain 8 Enchantedness
You gain 8 Roguishness
So, it did pay attention to that 3rd gate this time, used all the boxes and spent an adv in Hole in the sky to identify all the potions and when failing to find one, go to Dungeon of Doom for more boxes. Awsume! However.. It seem to not realize that it got a new potion, or that I already had the right potion. Dunno which part. I can post a part of my session log if you want but I'm not sure which part you want and dont feel like posting half my session if there is no point in it =)
After using a bunch of both Large and Small boxes I felt I just had to check, so I aborted the script and tried Mafias built in Lucky Entryway and it went just fine. Apparently I already had the right potion and discovered (or Mafia would not know which one to use).

Now, after Mafia got me through the first obstacles and into the cave with the doors, it appears that I have no Daily Dungeon key at all. No key, no piece of gear to zap, nothing. Ususally the script start doing Daily Dungeon at the start of each day after lvl9 or so but seems it have not done so this time.
Using V14.

Also, the script say Innabox is Completed, yet I have no Innabox in my campground =S

Last edited:

PadainFain

Weirdness

I am having a weird issue with the script...

Even though I have a Rock and Roll Legend in inventory the script continues to play with a Dented Harmonica equipped. Seems like it doesn't want to use the better weapon. I guess it's because it's two-handed but I don't have any offhand items in my inventory either!

Amazing piece of work though. Helps me out a tonne when I have to travel for work!

StDoodle

Minion
Are you an AT? Since the R'n'R Legend only gives its moxie bonus to AT's, the maximization function shouldn't necessarily consider it as being the best thing to use. Depending on what you've put in your off-hand, or if you start with the harmonica equipped, I imagine the script won't change it out for a DB.

PadainFain

Of course, you got it. I was just looking through the code and checking the 'maximize moxie' routines. Totally forgot the bonus is only for AT's!

Thanks! :)

bumcheekcity

Two more quick fixes, if you'd like them.

If you abort the script in between getting teleportitis and finding the oracle, it tries to burn off teleportitis. This fixes that: https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/2f19c95e1289c148ec1a490448edf9855247b16f

I don't quite understand why the barrr speculation takes into account the monster level. It seems like it would go off and try to level when it could just set the MCD differently. Something like this might be better? https://github.com/quisquous/bumcheekcend/commit/ba3a526b0efeeddedb28e4cb829a35b3ee7593d7

Both implemented in 0.15. Which will come out when mafia supports a little more of Pandemonium, and on which I'll start working on Muscle ascensions. I am, for the first time in months, a Turtle Tamer :D

Winterbay

A small infinite loop bug with the plus-sign reading (since I ran out of adventures just after I got teleportitis I think):
Code:
Request 10 of 11 (Dungeon: Greater-Than Sign) in progress...

[372] Greater-Than Sign
Encounter: Typographical Clutter
You acquire an effect: Teleportitis (duration: 5 Adventures)

Conditions satisfied after 10 adventures.

You don't have any spooky putty monsters.

Visit to Dungeon: Greater-Than Sign in progress...

[373] Greater-Than Sign
Encounter: Typographical Clutter
You acquire an effect: Teleportitis (duration: 5 Adventures)

Using 1 plus sign...
You don't know how to use it.
Ran out of adventures.
Using 1 plus sign...
You don't know how to use it.
Ran out of adventures.

and so on until I stopped it.

bumcheekcity

Fixed in 0.15. Muscle ascensions are going well. I'm fairly sure I'll end up making a lot of bugs in Moxie ascensions as a result, but meh. I'll pop 0.15 with basic muscle support when I get pandemonium done in a day or two.