bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Try replacing line 818
PHP:
maxme = "moxie -tie";
with
PHP:
maxme = "moxie -tie -melee";

Done that change now. It was only during the orchard that it wanted to use a melee weapon though. I did that sidequest manually and then when starting the script it used a ranged weapon again for the battlefield.

cardern

The script can't figure out that I've already consumed the steel-scented air freshener and keeps adventuring at the friar's gates..

bumcheekcity

Fixed in 0.11. As is the bug above this one. For the meantime, into your CLI, run this:

set bcasc_stage_friarssteel = 999;

Replacing 999 with the number of ascensions you've done, which you can find out by typing:

ash print(my_ascensions());

into the CLI, or checking on your character screen.

tgetgel

The script, or my CCS, is having trouble with the gremlins.
Request 1 of 50 (Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it) in progress...

[1513] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Strategy: C:\Program Files\KoLMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: flyingsaucer1 loses initiative!
Round 1: batwinged gremlin takes 4 damage.
You lose 15 hit points
(unable to macrofy due to combat filter)
BCC: Right location.
BCC: We have found the correct monster, so will stasis until the item drop occurrs.
Round 1: flyingsaucer1 attacks!
Round 2: batwinged gremlin takes 12 damage.
Round 2: batwinged gremlin takes 4 damage.
You lose 20 hit points
The fight continues until I die. I have no lasagna bandages.

The CCS was
[ default ]
consult SmartStasis.ash
consult spamattack.ash
skill moxious maneuver

I ended up using the relay browser and using the magnet manually without stasising to get the hammer. Did the same for all of the tools. Not sure what happened.

Theraze

Sidenote on tgetgel's CCS... moxious maneuver will NEVER get called, since spamattack will auto-attack until the end of the fight. Or am I confused about how it works?

Winterbay

Sidenote on tgetgel's CCS... moxious maneuver will NEVER get called, since spamattack will auto-attack until the end of the fight. Or am I confused about how it works?

That is true. It will never get called, and especially not in this case since the script uses a combat filter which bypasses the CCS anyway :)

bumcheekcity

Yeah, if you see "BCC:" messages printed during combat, then the script is completely overriding and and all of your combat settings.

tgetgel

I must of hosed something up. All Hippies killed off except boss (I kept losing and had no flaregun), but no longer have frat war outfit, so I can't get back to him to finish the war now that I have a tactic w/o a flaregun. The script will not advance past level 12. Suggestions? (HC DB, no clovers, no path)

tgetgel

Excellent, Theraze. Thanks.

Or if you prefer, Excellent Theraze, thank you. :)

Edit/Update - Finally got the Just Desserts, then had to pickpocket Frats and zap to get entire outfit again.

Last edited:

Craggles

Could I humbley request a script clause for when the character's dirt poor. For instance when the script buys hair sprays and the character as little to no meat, could the script hunt for some.

Theraze

Could I suggest running 5-10 adventures in either the treasury or giant castle manually for those cases? :) It simplifies the potential whining about how it's suboptimal...

bumcheekcity

Work on this script has started again post-Crimbo. A few changes have happened since then that need changing, but the biggest thing will be moving the level 11/12 quests into separate functions.

I foresee work starting on mus/mys ascensions after the next version release.

HippoKing

Could you put down spanglerack as a possible fairy type? I can envision myself using my faxes manually each day before starting the script.

edit: Also, I've never had it run out of meat and I have no +meat passives. What are you guys doing? Maybe it's because I've generally been manually picking up a KGE outfit, which is now trivial to do using a fax.

Last edited:

Drkirre

This is quite odd; on a fresh ascension, it's just saying 'You need 1 more detuned radio to continue'. Never had this happen before! That's the only error it's giving.

Drkirre

I had done just that prior to running BCA. It still did it. I ended up manually adventuring just enough to unlock Degrassi Knoll, and it was able to take over from there.
Edit: This is in a muscle sign ascension, by the way.