bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

dixmcdix

Should work to get the Billiard key, unless that got removed... nope, still there.
Code:
	//Kitchen
	if (item_amount($item[Spookyraven billiards room key]) == 0) {
		print("BCC: Getting the Billiards Key", "purple");
		buMax("+1000 stench res");
		while (item_amount($item[Spookyraven billiards room key]) == 0) {
			bumMiniAdv(1, $location[The Haunted Kitchen]);
		}
	}

Thanks! I'll try manually updating Mafia and the script next run through to see what I can do!

Crowther

Yeah, except when you keep screwing it up, like I usually do when I'm doing it manually. :D At least it's more clear in the new version.
I stopped ever doing it manual, because it always seemed like it would take me an infinite number of tomb ratchets that way. I did manage to do the new version without goofing up, once so far.

Got two issues:

1. It keeps trying to lvl in the Ballroom but lvl 7 to lvl 8 the ballroom isn't open.
2. It keeps looping here and I had to do it manually

[130] The Haunted Billiards Room
Encounter: Welcome To Our ool Table
> BCC: We have either a hand chalk or Chalky Hands already, so we'll use the hand chalk (if necessary) and play some pool!
> BCC: Maximizing '+100000 elemental dmg, equip pool cue, +melee, '

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, -melee -10 ml +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +100000 elemental dmg, equip pool cue, +melee,
> Restoring MP! Currently at 73 of 73 HP, 19 of 77 MP, current meat: 4352 ... Target MP = 70.

[130] The Haunted Billiards Room
> BCC: We have either a hand chalk or Chalky Hands already, so we'll use the hand chalk (if necessary) and play some pool!
> BCC: Maximizing '+100000 elemental dmg, equip pool cue, +melee, '

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 999999999 max, -melee -10 ml +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +100000 elemental dmg, equip pool cue, +melee,
> Restoring MP! Currently at 73 of 73 HP, 19 of 77 MP, current meat: 4352 ... Target MP = 70.

Theraze

It doesn't set the choice adventures currently. Just run choice 1 always and it will brute its way through the quest. Or you can have your BB script set choice 2 until you're high enough to finish it and set it back to choice 1.

I know BIG! is old, but this change might be handy for others.

Line 1751 (or there abouts) change it to:
Code:
			if (have_skill($skill[The Moxious Madrigal])  && my_path() != "BIG!") cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal");

I also added this at 2788.

Code:
				if (have_skill($skill[The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder]) && my_maxmp() > mp_cost($skill[The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder])) cli_execute("trigger lose_effect, The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder, cast 1 The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder");

Reason for doing BIG! - I'm doing some 100% familiar runs, and not worrying about leveling is helpful. :)

Theraze

Makes sense. There were a few other Moxious bits that I also gave the BIG! check, since if you're that high up, you shouldn't need that sucking up a song slot, especially if you're hoping to use Thingfinder.

Winterbay

FInally got around to adding support for the pile of ashes from AoSP while slowing going through my last run of it (currently on day 34...) :)

Theraze

Day 34? Is this your level 30 run, or just incredibly relaxed? :)

Note: I need to try to remember to throw in an abort if your pasta thrall will make it impossible to finish the Hidden Apartment. I've gotten hit by that at least twice now where I've wasted entire days and didn't figure out why it kept not finishing. :D Probably not the only one to ever do that. Probably. Heh.

Winterbay

Ehh... I totally forgot about level 30 so I guess I need to do one more run then :)

Also, I play mostly at work and have been extremely busy so...

I have been away from the game for a few weeks, and I see that they have revamped a few things in the game does the script still work or are you guys still patching things?

Theraze

Various things are getting patched. The main thing currently is that a lot of random events that are either newly or not yet fully supported by mafia, such as the varying choices available during the new Black Forest NC, require manual intervention. And there are no defaults on the new Spookyraven Lights Out choices yet.

But if you're willing to make the choice and move on, the script will keep ascending you.

Ioeth

I went ahead and added the use of Elemental Saucesphere and Astral Shell to the new kitchen implementation a bit ago. Hopefully that will make getting the billiards room key go a bit faster for players that have either of those skills.

I also had a couple of thoughts about the script's interaction with the new billiards room that I wanted to put up for discussion.

It gets completed before we do the Friars and the steel quest, and today because billiards took so long I was 1 adventure away from not being able to get the margarita on the first day. Should we consider moving the billiards room itself, or it and the kitchen, after the steel quest?

One other thought is that given that drunkenness up to 10 adds to pool skill but drunkenness over 10 deducts from it, should we think about adding a pause or stop before the billiards room to allow the player to get optimally drunk for the quest?

digitrev

My inclination is to let the user decide. Is it possible to add that as an option? So if someone has built up their pool skill through the semi-rare, they might be willing to try for the ballroom before doing the Friar's quest, or if they haven't, they can just bulldoze through the Friar & the steel quest before hitting up the ballroom.

But I do think that stopping (perhaps only once per day, if both quests are uncompleted) and telling them to drink up to but not over 10 drunkenness is worthwhile.

So...why am I left on my own here?

I've got 349 MP, 331 Moxie, + buckets of hot, cold, stench, sleaze damage, + cold and sleaze spell damage, yada yada yada. I clicked the script button and wham killed it with 4 attacks and then a saucestorm. I lost 1 HP. ;)

Is it supposed to ignore my CCS and abort on the spectres? I looked in the relay script and "bcasc_fightProtectorSpectre" is set to true.

I've been manually doing AoSP runs so been away from the script use for a while, so apologize if that's supposed to happen, but I thought I told it to kill it all and WHAM does a pretty good job of beating up things for me. :D

Code:
[823] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast)
Encounter: Fire When Ready
Fire When Ready
You acquire an item: stone triangle

choiceAdventure791 => 1
BCC: Maximizing '5 elemental damage'
Maximizing...
329 combinations checked, best score 923.25
Putting on cold water bottle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on giant discarded torn-up glove...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Rogue Program
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Defeating the last Protector Spectre.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
Condition added: Choices Left: 1

Request 1 of 11 (HiddenCity: A Massive Ziggurat) in progress...

[823] A Massive Ziggurat
Encounter: Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Encounter: Protector Spectre
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Theraze

So...why am I left on my own here?

I've got 349 MP, 331 Moxie, + buckets of hot, cold, stench, sleaze damage, + cold and sleaze spell damage, yada yada yada. I clicked the script button and wham killed it with 4 attacks and then a saucestorm. I lost 1 HP. ;)

Is it supposed to ignore my CCS and abort on the spectres? I looked in the relay script and "bcasc_fightProtectorSpectre" is set to true.

I've been manually doing AoSP runs so been away from the script use for a while, so apologize if that's supposed to happen, but I thought I told it to kill it all and WHAM does a pretty good job of beating up things for me. :D

Code:
[823] An Overgrown Shrine (Southeast)
Encounter: Fire When Ready
Fire When Ready
You acquire an item: stone triangle

choiceAdventure791 => 1
BCC: Maximizing '5 elemental damage'
Maximizing...
329 combinations checked, best score 923.25
Putting on cold water bottle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on giant discarded torn-up glove...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Rogue Program
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Defeating the last Protector Spectre.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 choiceadv'...
Condition added: Choices Left: 1

Request 1 of 11 (HiddenCity: A Massive Ziggurat) in progress...

[823] A Massive Ziggurat
Encounter: Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Legend of the Temple in the Hidden City
Encounter: Protector Spectre
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Here's the thread requesting that mafia irregularity gets fixed.
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?14874-Removing-autostop-on-Massive-Ziggurat

Regarding the script aborting on drunkenness, I'd say no. Consumption is at the users' discretion. If you want to abort at a certain place automatically, have your BB or AA script do that. If you want it to automatically consume at a specific place, do that. Aborting automation and screwing up people that expect the script to actually let them automate is bad.

Ioeth

Regarding the script aborting on drunkenness, I'd say no. Consumption is at the users' discretion. If you want to abort at a certain place automatically, have your BB or AA script do that. If you want it to automatically consume at a specific place, do that. Aborting automation and screwing up people that expect the script to actually let them automate is bad.

Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from there. So do you think that would be something that's appropriate for BestBetweenBattle or CounterChecker to handle, then?

Theraze

Not CC, as that only triggers on counters. BBB or your own personal AA script, maybe. Personally I'd probably do a BB wrapper script that imported BBB and, when next adventuring location is the billiards room, drink to 10 using ED. That way I don't need to worry about people complaining about my niche request and I don't need to try to merge my conflicting BBB version in when zarqon updates something else.

But that's me. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't need to try to merge my conflicting BBB version in when zarqon updates something else.
zarqon last logged in to KoL on March 15. He last logged in to this forum on April 4. I hope he's OK, but I wouldn't use "zarqon may update one of his scripts soon" as a reason to not make any local change you may need right now.