bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Changed functions (working off memory here, so hopefully getting the major entries):
bcascManorBedroom: Fixed choice adventure numbers. Updated check for locked ballroom. Mark as done when we have the gown, camera, and spectacles.
bcascManorBilliards: Equip the pool cue again, if we can, since it makes the quest go faster.
bcascManorLibrary: What we want here is the ghost of a necklace (completed quest already) or Lady Spookyraven's necklace (the quest item). If we have the LaSR necklace, give it to her and unlock the ballroom quest.
bcascPantry: Read LaSR's initial telegram to unlock the adventuring zones in the Manor.
bcascMacguffinSpooky: Set choice adventure for finding spectacles, if we missed it above for some reason. Rewrote the whole LoSR unlock section involving looking for manor4_chamberwall text changing to manor4_chamberboss.

Edit: From looking at this, I'm not sure if we automatically solve the Kitchens, or if that's still in the 'needs to be done' section. Probably needs to be done still. :) Shove that into the bcascManorBilliards probably, since it involves unlocking and adventuring in the Billiards area...

dixmcdix

From my work today It seems that the Kitchen is still in need of doing and it is the stumbling block to getting the rest of the stuff to start in an automated fashion. Billiards key comes from Kitchen so that is the dealy in that case.

Thank you for the update on what you have done Theraze! I'll try taking a deeper look at the codez.

Theraze

Yeah... I should be getting out of S+S tomorrow on at least one character (they're just farming healing items at the top of the tower) and so hopefully we can get some more bits done then.

If I go back to speed-running AoSP, I should have lots of chances to add support for the new Black Market unlock, etc.

dixmcdix

That is awesome to hear. Are you using the script for AoSP also? Or just certain parts of the run? I've been curious about doing a couple of AoSP runs but just dont have the time to do them unautomated.

Winterbay

It works pretty well for AoSP. You do need to select upgrades and learn skills yourself and if you want to do fancy things in respect to your audience you may need to pay more attention than normally but otherwise no problem.

dixmcdix

Thanks for the tip Winterbay!

Was running into some trouble with a stage that was set to true (finished) and can't seem to set it to false to get the script to do it for me. I know that:

ashq import <bumcheekascend.ash> checkStage("macguffinpalin", true);

will set the stage as completed... But when I try to use false it will not revert back. Am I doing something dumb or is there some other way to set a stage as not completed?

Sorry for the tardo questions!

Theraze

set bcasc_stage_macguffinpalin=0 (or anything that's lower than your current ascension) should fix that.

Note that because of the official KoL quest log tracking (not mafia's, but KoL itself) for the palindome quest being broken, it currently requires you to manually adventure once in the palindome to activate the quest. Will probably kick that in manually soon, but... just wanted to warn you. :)

dixmcdix

Many thanks! You are a god amongst dudes.

I feel like the command to set a stage as false (and the command to set a stage as true) should be in the opening post for the script. Or commented into the beginning of the actual .ash file. I've needed both commands on many occasions now that I'm thinking back.

As always I appreciate and thank you for all your work on the script and for your help!

Winterbay

The set command is an alias registered by the script I think. bcasc_set I think it is called.

Also the true/false parameter is wether or not it should be set to true or if we are just checking to see if it is set already.

Winterbay

Double checked as well now and you are indeed correct, must've added that myself then. Perhaps we should add a set and unset alias to that list though so that it is easily accessible for everyone.

Ioeth

I've just committed a first-pass attempt at getting BCA working with the revamped Black Forest. It should be pretty smart about not using one of the bird familiars if you have one of the hatchlings (or parts to make one). I wasn't able to fully test all aspects of it because of my character states, but let me know if you run into any trouble!

Theraze

Also, I've run the 'shortcut' version of the cellar 3 times now with 50-65% item drop bonus. It's been:
1) 20+21+1+~15=57 (didn't get exact counts on final heating, since I was getting the Wine Bomb manually)
2) 13+12+1+10=36
3) 7+32+1+19=59

In no case was it better than doing the 'long' quest at a guaranteed 36-37 adventures. In most cases, it was worse. For people with >100 +item drop, it might be better, but for the low-skill purposes of BCA, I think I'll be coding the guaranteed system instead.
Unfortunately, the 36-59 adventure (51 average) version of the cellar was recently added as the default, rather than the 36 guaranteed version. I have therefore added a bcasc_cellarWineBomb value for the people who wish to delay their runs with that, rather than delaying everyone. :)

I also fixed unlocking the Palindome quest, which had its unlock removed.

In TPTB breaking things, the desert quest changed its name from A Pyramid Scheme to Just Deserts.

dixmcdix

Some notes on the SpookyRaven revamp.
On a new run and had to do the Kitchen manually to get the Billiard Room Keys, Also Billiard room is still a manual adventure situation. Everything else seems to be working fine so far.

Thank you guys so much for fixing BlackForest and Pyramid!

Ioeth

Wanted to note here that the text for "A Pyramid Scheme", much like the Palindome, no longer appears in the quest log until after the pyramid has been visited once. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with SourceForge today, so I'm not able to update this at the moment.

Edit: And it looks like the pyramid has been redone a little bit, so there's more work here than just changing the check to see if we've done it yet.

Last edited:

Theraze

Some notes on the SpookyRaven revamp.
On a new run and had to do the Kitchen manually to get the Billiard Room Keys, Also Billiard room is still a manual adventure situation. Everything else seems to be working fine so far.

Should work to get the Billiard key, unless that got removed... nope, still there.
Code:
	//Kitchen
	if (item_amount($item[Spookyraven billiards room key]) == 0) {
		print("BCC: Getting the Billiards Key", "purple");
		buMax("+1000 stench res");
		while (item_amount($item[Spookyraven billiards room key]) == 0) {
			bumMiniAdv(1, $location[The Haunted Kitchen]);
		}
	}
Wanted to note here that the text for "A Pyramid Scheme", much like the Palindome, no longer appears in the quest log until after the pyramid has been visited once. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with SourceForge today, so I'm not able to update this at the moment.

Edit: And it looks like the pyramid has been redone a little bit, so there's more work here than just changing the check to see if we've done it yet.
Yeah, we need to adventure in the upper pyramid until we unlock the middle section, adventure in the middle section until we unlock the control panel and the lower section, and then use 2 (I think) of them to get the coin, 4 for the bomb, and 5 for opening the passage. Number based on my memory of doing it once, so I'll get those sorted out eventually... but a ratchet and wheel function exactly the same now. We get ratchets from combats in middle, wheels from NCs in the upper level. We probably want to make pyramid work as follows:
1) Maximize -combat and adventure at upper until middle is unlocked.
2) Maximize items and adventure at middle until the other 2 sections are available.
3) Based on which we can maximize more, either adventure at upper or middle until we have enough wheels+ratchets to finish the quest.
4) Use them.

Eventual mafia FReq request will be for tracking the wheel position. If we know that it is at step 3, for example, we can use our item checks to know exactly how many more turns we will need. That would let us handle things when people partially do the quest themselves, get confused, and start over again.

Xenthes

Yeah, we need to adventure in the upper pyramid until we unlock the middle section, adventure in the middle section until we unlock the control panel and the lower section, and then use 2 (I think) of them to get the coin, 4 for the bomb, and 5 for opening the passage.

Use 3, then 4, then 3. You need 10 a combination of ten wheels and tomb ratchets, or ten of each if that floats your boat.
When I did this manually yesterday seemed like it was easier to get the noncombat in the upper chamber for the wheels rather then going to the middle chamber, hoping to to get a tomb rat and then hoping a tomb ratchet drops.

Gawea

I'm not sure if it's this script or BBB's fault, but when using both, the script won't use a boring binder clip in a BHY run, so it never gets the McClusky file, so BBB won't switch to the ancient spirit choice. Hence, BCascend keeps fighting in the Hidden Office Building ad infinitum. You can use the clip manually, though, and it proceeds normally.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's this script or BBB's fault, but when using both, the script won't use a boring binder clip in a BHY run, so it never gets the McClusky file, so BBB won't switch to the ancient spirit choice. Hence, BCascend keeps fighting in the Hidden Office Building ad infinitum. You can use the clip manually, though, and it proceeds normally.

Mafia wasn't allowing it to be used (you're the first person to point it out), but that is fixed in 14072.