Bale's Relay Overrides

Bale

Minion
I use your campground link regularly.

I'm glad it is helpful to you. However, it is now a link-style menu item only. You can make your own link to /goto campground.php?action=bookshelf if you use the iconic menu.

For the awesomemenu, I'd assume that people will be creating their own bookshelf links.

I have to agree. I noticed that if the awesomemenu override changes anything, then if you click the edit button and click it again to leave edit mode, it will actually save the changes as your iconic menu link. Whoa. I don't want the relay override to make permanent changes to someones awesomemenu. Though there are interesting possibilities of using links and icons that are normally unusable in the topmenu.

Khari

Okay, I found something else to ask after I found what I wanted the first time. Is there a link for the council? Am I just missing it? If not, would it be difficult to add one?

Last edited:

TragicMissile

Okay, I found something else to ask after I found what I wanted the first time. Is there a link for the council? Am I just missing it? If not, would it be difficult to add one?
At the top, where it shows your level. The level number is a link to the council.

Bale

Minion
Wait, what? I think Khari started asking for a council link in the top menu, but TragicMissile suggested that it wasn't necessary because there's a council link in ChIT, right? And Khari just automatically recognized that the level number at the top is in the charpane, not the top menu.

Whelp, I do manage ChIT as well as this so I guess it just flows naturally. I think?

TragicMissile

Yes, it looks like that's what happened. My mistake. I'm just glad it didn't confuse Khari! I should be careful responding to questions when I'm not fully awake.

Bale

Minion
You confused me rather than Khari. Fortunately he knew exactly what you meant. Once I figured it out I was really tickled by the idea that ChIT is such an essential part of the user experience that people who use it can reference it without qualification.

TragicMissile

Honestly, your scripts are so intuitive and useful that I have trouble distinguishing them from mafia in my mind sometimes. Your improvements to the relay browser, ocd inventory control, and Ezandora's guide are all part of my daily experience.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The manor relay is sweet, and I like the information it adds... but why use a serif font?
None of your other scripts use font-family:serif, and KOL never uses it. It just seems a bit out of place with all the other fonts.

Bale

Minion
I just... like it. You're probably right... maybe I'll change... It is a bit out of style with the rest of the game.

Fluxxdog

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

<ahem> Let me rephrase that. I kinda liked the out-of-place font. The Manor is supposed to be a little creepy. having something off, but not easy to say what, was cool. Keep plz? Don't make me whip out the puppy dog eyes.

Fluxxdog

Nobody likes serif fonts on the web Fluxxdog. Nobody!
Heh

Seriously, never understood the problem with "certain (types of) fonts are unacceptable!" As long as I can read it and it's not an eyesore, I'm happy. I remember coming across this one font where it was supposed to be elegant and whatnot, but I couldn't tell if what I typed was telling me to do something X-rated with a small mammal or what the lunch special at the hospital was (deep-fried mystery meat). And I had done the traditional "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." So.. yeah. not using that.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Heh

Seriously, never understood the problem with "certain (types of) fonts are unacceptable!" As long as I can read it and it's not an eyesore, I'm happy. I remember coming across this one font where it was supposed to be elegant and whatnot, but I couldn't tell if what I typed was telling me to do something X-rated with a small mammal or what the lunch special at the hospital was (deep-fried mystery meat). And I had done the traditional "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." So.. yeah. not using that.

This is fine then?