Bale's Relay Overrides

Bale

Minion
Any chance of a preference to turn off the replacing the campground link with a redirect to bookshelf? Or shall I just delete it in SVN?

I recommend deleting it from SVN. That and my telescope are the two main reasons I ever visit the campground. Of course if other people tell me I'm wrongheaded, I might cater to the desire. Meanwhile, I'll glory in the magic of SVN making it reasonably convenient for you to customize it for your needs. I praise the magic of SVN script merging!

I have a suggestion for the topmenu script. I noticed that the 'store' link is now obsolete as it is contained in the "community" link. However a link to the "forums" would be very nice. Can you replace store with forums?

Thanks!

Bale

Minion
That is an AWESOME idea! If jick wants to remove the forum link, I can simply add it back in! We desperately need a forum link.

Updated topmenu and campground relays. Enjoy!

Fluxxdog

Hellz yeah. I wants my stories!

..What? Some of that stuff is better than soap operas. Then again, I don't particularly care for soap operas, so that's kind of a low bar, but it's still valid.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
SVN updates automagically for me, so this is from the latest version of woods.
Index -1 out of bounds (woods.ash, line 50)

I saw this a couple days ago but didn't take notes and it wasn't repeatable.

I ascended yesterday and did a bunch of stuff that did not visit the woods in the relay browser. I did a few things today and decided to explore the Tavern Cellar and kill the Baron. Mafia finished exploring so I opened up the relay browser, clicked on the Woods and got the message.

Mafia does think I got the transformer and since I could not reproduce it before, I suspect it has something to do with the first visit to the woods.

I can tell you account settings and such but I suspect anything that involves "try this" will have to wait for the next ascension.

Bale

Minion
If you see that again, please grab the html of the page for me.

You could try to make it happen, even with the continuum transfunctioner in your inventory, if you comment out lines 44 & 62. (Then it wouldn't check.) Maybe it would repeat then?

Bale

Minion
The woods relay is fixed. It will once again get your transfuctioner and complete the untinker quest. I'm sorry it took me so long to fix this.

It's pretty straightforward. KoL no longer puts a <center> tag in front of the link back to the main page.

It wasn't straightforward at all. The <center> tag was only the tip of the iceberg. The entire format of the page had changed so that it looked odd if I only made that one change.

Perhaps if the user doesn't have an airport, you should not have the link. One of my multi's gets this when clicking on the airport link.

<html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/images/styles.css"><script language="Javascript" src="/basics.js"></script><link rel="stylesheet" href="/basics.1.css" /></head><body><center><table width=95% cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Uh Oh!</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td>You don't know where anything like that is...<p><center><A href=main.php>Back to the Main Map</a></center></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></body><script src="/onfocus.1.js"></script></html>

Bale

Minion
Perhaps if the user doesn't have an airport, you should not have the link.

That's a great idea. Unfortunately KoLmafia doesn't track that. The subject is still being discussed HERE.

I've been considering checking to see if you have Beach Bucks, but of course if someone has ever used a day pass they could have those.

Magus_Prime

For the last two days I've received the following error when KoLMafia's automated SVN check fires on login:

Code:
bale-relay-manor_unlockInfo is at HEAD (r55)
bale-relay-Monster_Manuel_Improvement is at HEAD (r55)
Validating repo...
svn: E160013: '/p/bale/relay/code/!svn/bc/55/shore' path not found: 404 Not Found (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info

Has bale-relay-shore been removed from the repository?

Bale

Minion
Ewww. I didn't realize that would cause such a problem.

Yes, the shore was removed since the page it modifies no longer exists. I've restored the directory to prevent people from getting that error while I consider what to do with the problem. There is one obvious solution though it may require a feature request. Don't remove bale-relay-shore just yet -- it will work out.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I committed the new version of my shore relay, but unfortunately it won't work unless you click the buy button for an item that you cannot afford. If my feature request is granted it will work properly. I'm being hopeful that a dev will implement it and magically function will appear in the script if it is installed.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I like the museum relay to show gold/silver/bronze, but this would be even better if it ALSO highlighted my name (if it was in the list).
Maybe add a css "background-color:" attribute for my_name().
that would be sweet (at least for those few times when I manage to make the leaderboard).

Edit: I added this hack as line 12 (in addColor):
Code:
if (player.group(2)==my_name()) { color += ";background-color:cyan"; }

Last edited: