Automatic Porko!

Yeah, I've seen this happen several times, too. Pretty sure it was lag. In the latest case, it went into the loop, but it seems that as soon as it did it went to the main map/page, because I got a pop-up mentioning new messages/whitelistings/pen pals.

I'm thinking the following code change will detect the lag-boot to the main page and prevent infinite loops. I haven't yet had it happen to me yet, so I can't testify if it works as intended.

Code:
// Iterate until we can go "Back to Elvish Paradise"
		while ( !contains_text(text, "Elvish Paradise") && contains_text(text, "porko") ) {
			text = playPorko();
		}

I'm currently following this by an abort on failure to contain "porko" so I know when it happens, but that's probably not necessary.

slyz

Developer
I'm thinking the following code change will detect the lag-boot to the main page
I have run this script on a dodgy connection, so I'll add this change and see if it helps if I have to use it again. I considered changing it to abort, but your way would just keep trying to play other porko games, right? That sounds good.

Yes, it'd keep trying to play porko games, which I figure would be the behavior desired by most people. It won't help any with keeping your isotope count correct, you'll have to check, refresh, and re-check your inventory to figure out if there were isotopes mafia missed out on due to lag. Which, incidentally, is another way to see if the connection lagged out at the end of play without requiring the script itself to abort.

T_E

Thank you for this script- it's working great for my aftercore trophy farming stint. =)

lightwolf

Is there anyway for this script to preserve MP burning? I've been wearing a MP regen outfit while playing porko and would like to continue summon party favors and such through mafia's native MP burning functions if at all possible.

Very very useful script otherwise. Thank you for making it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there anyway for this script to preserve MP burning? I've been wearing a MP regen outfit while playing porko and would like to continue summon party favors and such through mafia's native MP burning functions if at all possible.

Very very useful script otherwise. Thank you for making it.

Right before
iterations -= 1;
I believe adding cli_execute("burn extra"); would cover it.

pachinkoid

[Transpondent] does not match anything in the status effect database.
Bad effect value: "Transpondent" (bumpork v0.2.ash, line 38)

what am i doing wrong?

Took a lot of tries to finally get bad enough lag at the end of a game, but it seems my change will prevent infinite looping as desired. Just got two characters to lag out of games, and both were successfully detected by lack of "porko" on the page (resulting in an abort I had placed in my own version, but not required).

I've attached my version, without an abort (but a red message to let you know it happened). Includes the burn extra at the end of each play iteration.

View attachment bumpork.ash

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
MP regen works during porko, so it would be profitable to burn that extra mp summoning something.

Last edited:

Stethorel

If you do not have a lunar isotope in your inventory, the script gets stuck in an infinite loop. It's not too bad though, it doesn't cost you any turns.

visd

For some reason, I've started getting error messages when running this script (or any of the other spaaaace scripts, actually); Mafia aborts and gives the message "Bad effect value: "Transpondent" (bumpork v0.2.ash, line 38)". What went wrong?

Bale

Minion
Sounds like you just need to update to a version of mafia recent enough to know the effect Transpondent. I recommend the latest jar build here.

stephanreiken

::shrug::

It doesn't work, says I need to set some relay script which only makes me question why it wasn't a part of this script instead of having to be reliant on another script. What relay script does it refer to?

Winterbay

::shrug::

It doesn't work, says I need to set some relay script which only makes me question why it wasn't a part of this script instead of having to be reliant on another script. What relay script does it refer to?

That sounds more like bumcheekascend than porko, which does indeed require you to run a relay script before you run it for real.