Adventure Advisor

Bale

Minion
As of r12076 today, KoLmafia has initiative values for every single monster. Thanks to KoL's recent Manuel upgrade which made that information transparent to the player.

In case anyone is curious, that does mean I'm going to add it to AdventureAdvisor. Honestly I only barely understand how initiative works. Once I work that out I am going to have to figure out the best way to add it to the script's display in a clear and helpful manner. It'll be a while so please don't get impatient. Unfortunately it will be a bit late to help people with their Jarlsberg runs, but maybe it will matter again in the future.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Thank you for your continued support. I still find the script tremendously useful when I choose to adventure manually and when BCCAscend occasionally gets "stuck" and the easiest thing is to accomplish some other goal manually while waiting for enough things to change that BCCAscend will eventually succeed or try something else.

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 3.0 released!

Changelog:
version 3.0 June 10, 2013
  • Updates for mafia's tracking of the Highlands.
  • Bunches of tiny tweaks. Too numerous for me to remember.
  • Migrate to SVN update, Wooo~!

[size=+1]Download Instructions for v3.0[/size]
Distribution has migrated over to SVN. With a current daily build, please copy/paste the following line into KoLmafia's CLI:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/advisor/code/

Bale

Minion
Wait. Bigg changed attack/defense? The answer is almost certainly, "yes." Although I'm not quite sure what you are confused about.

Theraze

I think the question is whether the +150 attack/def for BIG! runs is considered. Which, since AA grabs its info from mafia and mafia is aware of the changes needed, would be answered with... YES! :)

Bale

Minion
OH! I thought he was referring to some KoL mechanical change I'd forgotten about that might have been introduced around the time of Bigg's Dig.

Yes, anything like this will automatically be corrected as soon as mafia is updated to include the change.

Bale

Minion
Does this work with Big's change of attack/defense?

After considering more carefully I realized that there were a couple of special cases such as the Misty Peak which were being undervalued by 150ML in BIG. I put in a fix for those rare cases in r6.

svn update bale-advisor

evilspoons

Running the Advisor now (r9, I believe) results in a whole bunch of warnings from KolMafia due to the now-renamed locations. I'm assuming you're aware of this, but just in case you aren't, here's what I'm seeing:

Code:
The string "Post-War Sonofa Beach" no longer matches a location name; use "Sonofa Beach" instead
Changing "Post-War Sonofa Beach" to "Sonofa Beach" would get rid of this message (relay_AdventureAdvisor.ash, line 1374)
The string "Oasis in the Desert" no longer matches a location name; use "The Oasis" instead
The string "Guards' Chamber" no longer matches a location name; use "The Royal Guard Chamber" instead
The string "Post-War Sonofa Beach" no longer matches a location name; use "Sonofa Beach" instead

Keep up the awesome work!

Bale

Minion
Aware. I keep updating and mafia keeps breaking it by changing more location names. It's an ongoing process that keeps me wondering if it's time to do it again. It's particularly troublesome since mafia doesn't give friendly warnings for location names in the data file, but I wrote a tool to check the data file for problems so that became a lot easier.

I'll update again: svn update bale-advisor

fyi: Invalid field name 'bounty' (relay_AdventureAdvisor.ash, line 396)

I expect that this wasn't unexpected given recent mafia changes, but it doesn't hurt to leave a note.

Bale

Minion
Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't notice since I've kinda stopped using this script since Ezandora released her Guide.

I'll fix that now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
've kinda stopped using this script since Ezandora released her Guide

I'm still using both. AA is comfortable in that I know what information is there and how it is presented. It is also still useful if I am in aftercore or just want to look up safe moxie in run. Isn't it nice that the KoLmafia scripting community has matured to the point that there are now choices?

Bale

Minion
Well, since fronobulax is still using this and Darzil added locations to the proxy fields for the bounty type, I've added preliminary support for bounties. Now if you accept a bounty it will show that location in the list... as long as it is a location that I currently support. Otherwise it won't. Hence, preliminary. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So, does AA know about the ThinkNerd Warehouse? I tried various combinations of settings to see whether it would appear in the listing and never found it. While it may be that I need to use a browser's text search capability instead of the Mark I eyeball, it is possible that I am looking for something that is not expected to be there. Thanks.

Bale

Minion
I need to update this script for ThinkNerd Warehouse, Copperhead Club, A Mob of Zeppelin Protesters and The Red Zeppelin. There are a few other odds and ends as well. Thank you for reminding me.

It has been update now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The new/renamed Cemetery locations? Or as possibly the last user of this script should I consider learning to maintain it myself of switch to an alternative? :)

Bale

Minion
The new/renamed Cemetery locations? Or as possibly the last user of this script should I consider learning to maintain it myself of switch to an alternative? :)

I think I just gave you permission to edit the repository. Please let me know if I was successful.

Bale

Minion
This is just a note to inform any remaining users of this script (if they exist) that I am officially not ever supporting it again. My apology if you were hoping that it was eventually going to be updated again.

I have just removed it from the Script Manager to avoid accidentally getting more users.