Feature Add "Summon Tome Items" to ascend.php override

bumcheekcity

Pretty much as the title sounds. Beat the NS, free the king, and you get to re-summon tome items. It would be good to have that reminder.

So, perhaps a line to instead say "run breakfast for today (or since freeing the king)"?

I knew that those reset... but still forget most times I ascend quickly.
I would appreciate a reminder.

(If it was an acceptable change, I would even work on the patch.)

Bale

Minion
Oh right, forgot about that.

We should probably just add a run breakfast link.

It is odd to wait for ascension to do that since you might not ascend the same day. It makes more sense to create a kingLiberatedScript which does that at the time you liberate the king. Or did you mean to add a breakfast link to the prism? It would make more sense to simply automate breakfast there and skip need for a the link.

My kingLiberatedScript:

Code:
// Get the back item scuba tank before it becomes impossible
void scuba() {
	cli_execute("untinker makeshift SCUBA gear");
	visit_url("oldman.php?action=buytank&pwd");
}

void get_stuff() {
	// Get Legendary gear for current class
	boolean [item] regalia() {
		switch(my_class()) {
		case $class[Seal Clubber]:
			return $items[Krakrox's Loincloth, Claw of the Infernal Seal, Scalp of Gorgolok];
		case $class[Turtle Tamer]:
			return $items[Galapagosian Cuisses, Garter of the Turtle Poacher, Elder Turtle Shell];
		case $class[Pastamancer]:
			return $items[Angelhair Culottes, Bandolier of the Spaghetti Elemental, Colander of Em-er'il];
		case $class[Sauceror]:
			return $items[Newman's Own Trousers, Gravyskin Belt of the Sauceblob, Ancient Saucehelm];
		case $class[Disco Bandit]:
			return $items[Volartta's bellbottoms, Bling of the New Wave, Disco Fro Pick];
		case $class[Accordion Thief]:
			return $items[Lederhosen of the Night, La Hebilla del Cinturon de Lopez, El Sombrero De Lopez];
		}
		return $items[];
	}

// Get some stuff I keep in my DC
	batch_open();
	foreach dc in $items[Oscus's neverending soda, Chester's bag of candy]
		if(available_amount(dc) < 1 && display_amount(dc) > 0)
			take_display(1, dc);
	batch_close();

// Empty closet and Hangks
	if(get_property("lastEmptiedStorage").to_int() != my_ascensions()) {
		empty_closet();
		visit_url("storage.php?action=pullall&pwd");
	}

batch_open();
	foreach it in regalia()
		if(item_amount(it) < 1 && closet_amount(it) > 0) take_closet(1, it);
	batch_close();
}

void equip_character() {
	// Set aftercore familiar
	familiar pick_fam() {
		foreach f in $familiars[Angry Jung Man, Blavious Kloop, 
		  Psychedelic Bear, Dancing Frog, Piano Cat, Casagnova Gnome, Jitterbug, Attention-Deficit Demon, Coffee Pixie, 
		  Jumpsuited Hound Dog, Green Pixie, Peppermint Rhino, Baby Gravy Fairy]
			if(have_familiar(f)) return f;
		return $familiar[none];
	}
	use_familiar(pick_fam());

// Might need to copy something. Let's not find out in the relevant combat
	#if(item_amount($item[Spooky Putty sheet]) + item_amount($item[Rain-Doh black box]) < 1 && item_amount($item[can of Rain-Doh]) > 0)
	if(item_amount($item[Rain-Doh black box]) < 1 && item_amount($item[can of Rain-Doh]) > 0)
		use(1, $item[can of Rain-Doh]);

string melee() {
		switch(my_primestat()) {
		case $stat[muscle]: return "+melee";
		case $stat[moxie]: return "-melee";
		}
		return "";
	}
	maximize("items, .1 meat "+melee(), false);
}

void breakfast() {
	// Search for new clovers
	(visit($coinmaster[hermit]) && my_meat() > 2000 && hermit(5, $item[ten-leaf clover]));	cli_execute("breakfast");
	string loginScript = get_property("loginScript");
	if(loginScript != "")
		cli_execute(loginScript);
}

void main() {
	if(item_amount($item[old SCUBA tank]) < 1 && user_confirm("Do you want to get the old SCUBA gear for your back?\n(10,000 meat)"))
		scuba();
	get_stuff();
	equip_character();
	breakfast();
}

Last edited:
Sure, but even if you did not ascend today, is a reminder that you have not run breakfast before ascending bad? Or are you saying to just do it no matter what?

Well, on the off chance that this is still wanted, here is my attempt at a patch for it.

I used sideCommand to do it. I have no idea if there is a better way.

Attachments

• breakfast.patch
    1.2 KB · Views: 33

Fluxxdog

Oh right, forgot about that.

We should probably just add a run breakfast link.
It would make more sense to simply automate breakfast there and skip need for a the link.
It would make more sense to empty Hagnk's first then run breakfast after breaking the prism since a number of items handled during breakfast would likely be in your storage. As it stands now, Hangk's has to be manually emptied. So question would then be "Should Hangk's be automatically emptied for the player?"

Theraze

I think we've hit the point where it's best handled with a kingLiberated script or relay override for people who want it, not baked into base code.

The original request was not to automate anything. Just to add a reminder link in the relay browser.
If adding this reminder is a bad thing.... Why are the other reminders ok? They can all be handled with a relay override.
And the original request is not about liberating the king, it is about not forgetting to do things when you ascend.

Some people (me included) don't run breakfast normally and so would not get those extra summons without a reminder when ascending.

Last edited:

Theraze

So that leaves us back with the original request. Either add a reminder to summon tome items, or don't change it. The breakfast reminder isn't really the same thing because some people haven't set breakfast to summon tome items, and for those who do have it set to do that, they probably should be pulling storage to best use one-a-day items as well.

Not quite. For me, who doesn't use breakfast, it is *just* a reminder. For people who have setup breakfast, it lets them use it just then IF they want.
It can say "Make sure you have summoned everything you can or run breakfast" (feel free to fix the wording.)

And in aftercore, if your breakfast settings say to use a toaster, why would it not already pull the toaster? If it doesn't do this, maybe it should. (Insert feature request.)

Again, it is not automating anything, just reminding the user. I (and many others) don't have scripts hooked to every point. But we do expect mafia to nudge us when we forget something simple.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If adding this reminder is a bad thing.... Why are the other reminders ok?

This reminder only fits if you ascend the same day you free the king, making it different from the other reminders. Otherwise you either ran breakfast and it's taken care of, or you didn't run breakfast and you probably don't want mafia dealing with that stuff.

The list can't get too long either, otherwise people won't notice things that are important.

Ok, I get that. I don't want things complicated.

For me, (not going to try to get it checked into mafia), I will probably just have it check if any of the tomes are still summonable and have it list them there like the other reminders.

If there is any interest left in having that check be part of mafia proper, I would be glad to help.

roippi

Developer
If we're all wishy-washy about the breakfast thing (I don't understand why someone wouldn't want to run breakfast, but ok), let's just pull the code out of breakfast that summons tomes, slap that into ValhallaManager, and add it to ascension processing.

Bale

Minion
Why not run breakfast? As near as I can tell the only argument against it is that they have mafia set up to not run breakfast. As long as mafia continues to respect their settings it should not be a problem.

People who have breakfast enabled should have breakfast run automatically on breaking the prism. People who don't have it enabled would not have it forced on them. Breakfast is always run on first login according to mafia's settings. That's what is meant by running breakfast.