autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Hey guys I have an update to this script that I think you will all want:
1) Rogue Program has been added as an item drop familiar
2) I added a new variable "autoBasement_combat_outfit" which if set to true
* ignores the autoBasement_combat_equipment
* Equips whatever outfit you save as "Damage" before a combat.
(The reason this was needed was that there is some equipment you can specify that seems to break modifier maximizer -- in particular the special sauce glove,
Also, by not maximizing a Damage outfit everytime, you are saving a lot of time).

Attachments

• autoBasement.ash
    31.8 KB · Views: 39
Ack, new problem.

Basement level 304: HP Test
Putting on Gauntlet...
Equipment changed.
unable to buff hp to 11366, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 55 adventures.
Putting on Muscle...
Equipment changed.

I just had this exact problem

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
The maths seem to indicate that Geno, at least, had a total DA of 560, which seems a bit low... but then again, I have Tao permed, so anything lower than 900 in aftercore is low...

[Would an alternate solution like cli_execute("maximize hp, .9 damage absorption" + maximize_familiar); work?]

Yes I was going to say, Gauntlet NEEDS to maximize DA first. Buffing HP is much harder, and DA is much more beneficial. It should also be getting the cheap potions like Oil of Parrrlay and mother's little helper which both give DA

unfako

Most of the time I only get half way through the "outfits caching" before I get a "returned a blank page from inventory.php. Complain to Jick, not us." and it has to start all over again. Is there really a need to do all of them at once when the scripts starts instead of doing them when they're needed? It takes ages even if the servers aren't returning blank pages...

An option to skip saving/loading outfits and just use the modifier maximizer every time would be great, if that's possible somehow.

slyz

Developer
Here is a version of autoBasement.ash that will remember if you have already saved your basementing outfits in your current ascension. The appropriate familiars and their equipments are cached too.

A couple of previous additions are included too:
  • The MPDrain familiar will be equipped if it exists.
  • When trying to buff HP, do not consider that the goal is reached if your MP is higher than the desired HP.
  • Use eatsilent() instead of eat() when eating a Jumbo Dr. Lucifer.
  • If autoBasement_get_familiar_drops is true, always choose the familiar that has dropped the lowest amount of items.

Note that if you don't have at least 200 of each base stat, the script will still use the maximizer at each level, until you have 200 in each stat. The best outfits are then cached and saved.

If for some reason you want the outfits to be re-cached, simply type set autoBasement_outfitscached = 0 in the gCLI.

Once the outfits are cached, you can customize them, as the script will use the current outfits without modifying them. You will have to edit the familiarCachePref preference to customize the associated familiars and their equipments, though.

I recently finished my last Basement run, so this wasn't fully tested.

Attachments

• autoBasement_cache.ash
    32.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

jamfan14

I'm encountering the following problem while running daily 8553 and autobasement 2.0

Outfit saved
Putting on Muscle...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
270 combinations checked, best score 1282.0
Putting on Juju Mojo Mask...
You can't equip a Juju Mojo Mask because you're already wearing a V for Vivala mask.

I've saved the Muscle outfit with the V Mask only, yet the script continues to attempt to put on the Juju mask thus stopping the script. How do i fix this.

Any help is appreciated.

slyz

Developer
The problem is that the Maximizer doesn't recognize that you can't wear both masks at the same time.

Banana Lord

I've been testing this out for my second telescope dive, and while it beats doing it manually, it's still got a long way to go. A couple of problems: The script doesn't make use of my bander (easily fixed by modifying lines 811, 812); It won't clear pressure potions before trying to use another, resulting in an error, sort of fixed by adding the following somewhere around line 360:
Code:
if(have_effect($effect[Perspicacious Pressure])>0) cli_execute("uneffect Perspicacious Pressure");
if(have_effect($effect[Puissant Pressure])>0) cli_execute("uneffect Puissant Pressure");
if(have_effect($effect[Pulchritudinous Pressure])>0) cli_execute("uneffect Pulchritudinous Pressure");
The script takes far too much care when entering combats, powering me up with effects and buffs I simply don't need (entangling noodles and a hobo skill're all you really need to breeze through combats).

Where the script really gives me grief though is the stat tests. Since getting past about floor 300 it fails nine times out of ten on these. For some reason it's ignoring things like gremlin mutagens and mafia arias. I've got my max amount to spend on a potion set to 50000 (I wouldn't mind spending hundreds of thousands of meat if I could just do it automatically!), so I really have no idea why it's not using them when that's all it'd take to pass the test.

Also, what's the autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount setting for?

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
It won't clear pressure potions before trying to use another, resulting in an error
I very rarely use pressure potions, nice to know.

For some reason it's ignoring things like gremlin mutagens and mafia arias.

autoBasement_use_absolute_potions is set to false by default. Type zlib autoBasement_use_absolute_potions = true.

I don't know how Mafia handles using Aria, but you might need to add this around line 360:
PHP:
if ( potions[s][i].i == $item[Mafia Aria] ) {
	if ( !retrieve_item(1,$item[support cummerbund]) ) abort("You need a support cummerbund to continue!");
	cli_execute("checkpoint");
	equip($item[support cummerbund]);
	use(1, potions[s][i].i);
	cli_execute("checkpoint outfit");
}

Banana Lord

Just out of curiosity, what do you use for high floors instead?

Oh d'oh. I keep thinking gremlin potions are % modifiers. Thanks!

I'd try that out, but I just finished the last 150 floors manually, and I don't intend on going back for a long LONG time (or until this script's re-tuned at least :D).

slyz

Developer
On my last runs, I leveled on mother hellseals before setting foot in the dungeon. Starting the basement at level 26+, and having most of the relevant aftercore gear and brimstone items helps a lot.

As for fine-tuning the script, I agree that you don't need to be buffed the way autoBasement buffs you for combats, but since there are so many combat strategies, I think it's the best way to do it for a script that has such a general approach. In any case, you are putting on buffs you are likely to be needing anyway in the next few turns, so even though it's not optimal, it's not that expensive.

What other fine-tuning were you thinking of?

EDIT: since you are using spells for combats, did you change autoBasement_combat_stat to Mysticality?

Banana Lord

Ah yes... Brimstone. That'd require me getting far enough over my hatred of HC to contemplate doing BM :p

I thought about it, but as I never had even the least trouble in combat (even up to floor 498) I didn't bother.

OK, that's fair enough :)

Hmm, mostly it's really good. Just the things I mentioned earlier really. I particularly feel it needs work for the higher floors for people relying on items/effects rather than equipment (which reminds me, it'd be really neat if it could grab equipment from your DC). It was stopping every 1-5 floors before I switched to manual. Would absolute potions be enough to solve this do you think? I really don't know. From memory it was getting me buffed to ~4000 when my target was ~6000. ~2000 from absolute potions seems like rather a lot. But like I said, I could be wrong :D If it's useful, I had hogdman's outfit+hamster+overcoat, slime outfit, and the better of the more common stat increasing items (sea salt scrubs, hopping socks, smithable grimacite gear, dead guy's memento - that sort of thing).

By the way, it's nice to see you're still interested in developing this. I hate to see old projects fall by the wayside. This is one of the neater scripts out there (from my point of view anyway) and I was half afraid I wouldn't get a response at all! Thanks! :D

slyz

Developer
From memory it was getting me buffed to ~4000 when my target was ~6000.
How did you get the remaining 2k? The script uses most (all?) of the big % buffs, and the only ones that are not considered use fullness/inebriety/spleen. Working in those in a way that everyone is happy with would be difficult.

It wouldn't be hard to add a few settings like autobasement_use_fullness or autobasement_use_queen_cookie, but manually eating a couple of those when the script stops isn't much of a hassle, and lets you manage your adventure generation vs buffing with consumption.