autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Darkfacimile

Just started with this script and gave it a try...seems great thus far! [mostly]. I was hoping to plug n play with minimal effort...but noticed on one of the combat adventures w/ physical resistance...the script just tried to clobber and didn't work. Is there a way that the script chooses between physical and spells depending on the monster or did I just miss something? I'm hoping to be lazy...and in fairness...I tried using the script at level 24...so perhaps my physical attacks aren't strong enough to allow for near automation.

slyz

Developer
The script doesn't run your combats for you, you should setup Mafia to deal with monsters like you want.

See posts on page 9 of this thread for a few examples (and the KoLMafia Guide if you don't know how Custom Combat Scripts work.

ajandaj

Just started using this script and it is awesome! Thanks! My struggle? I am a seal clubber with no elemental attack skills... I guess I need to go get the SC spookyraven skill? I have entangling noodles and tons of elemental combat items, but how do you script for that? Is there a way to make a KoLMafia custom combat that stops combat and brings it up on the mini browser so I can fight the battles myself?

slyz

Developer
See the post *just* above yours. And if you want to run your fight in the Relay Browser, set the zlib variable autoBasement_break_on_combat to true by typing: zlib autoBasement_break_on_combat = true in the gCLI.

Winterbay

Also buying one of the Hobopolis 120MP-elemental skill books can work as well, assuming you have enough MP to actually use them efficiently.

ajandaj

See the post *just* above yours. And if you want to run your fight in the Relay Browser, set the zlib variable autoBasement_break_on_combat to true by typing: zlib autoBasement_break_on_combat = true in the gCLI.

Wicked. Thanks!

Valliant

If I may request, please don't break the Universal Recovery Script if I have consuming Dr. Lucifers turned off. Having to manually recover MP after combats is really irksome.

string mp_recovery = get_property("mpAutoRecovery");
string mp_recovery_target = get_property("mpAutoRecoveryTarget");
set_property("mpAutoRecovery", "-0.05");
set_property("mpAutoRecoveryTarget", "-0.05");

This seems to be the problem. Can it not be set to only activated if the script is set to consume Dr. Lucifers? That would enable me to have my MP restore normally after battle, a real necessity as I'm using the 120 MP hobo skills.

Rinn

Developer
If you'll notice the script sets the variables back after it's finished running as long as it doesn't abort from a combat or you stop it manually.

set_property("mpAutoRecovery", mp_recovery);
set_property("mpAutoRecoveryTarget", mp_recovery_target);

I have to do this regardless of whether or not you use lucifers because it will restore mp to your target when it's recovering hp, and since there's so many effects flying around it typically wastes a ton of mp.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
If you'll notice the script sets the variables back after it's finished running as long as it doesn't abort from a combat or you stop it manually.
That's not terribly unlikely in the basement, is it?

^_^;;

Geno

How can I run this script after level 30? I get this message when I try and run the script:

Current character level (34) >= autoBasement_break_on_level (30), quitting

Is there some way I can set that to be false?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
autoBasement sets a ZLib variable (autoBasement_break_on_level). Easiest way to change this variable is to type into the CLI: "zlib autoBasement_break_on_level = 30"

Geno

Alright, that worked pretty well. It seems to work now but I'll occasionally lose a fight. Is it not potting for me? Should I just use a bunch of muscle pots in advance? Thanks.

[63818] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 117)
Encounter: 1,574-Headed Hydra
Round 0: geno loses initiative!
You lose 128 hit points
Round 1: geno executes a macro!
Round 1: geno attacks!
You lose 113 hit points
Round 2: geno attacks!
You lose 126 hit points
Round 3: geno attacks!
You lose 117 hit points
Round 4: geno attacks!
You lose 116 hit points
Round 5: geno attacks!
You lose 165 hit points
Round 6: geno attacks!
You lose 2 hit points
You lose 124 hit points
Round 7: geno attacks!
You lose 125 hit points
Round 8: geno attacks!
You lose 120 hit points
Round 9: geno attacks!
You lose 115 hit points
Round 10: geno attacks!
You lose 160 hit points
Round 11: geno attacks!
You lose 122 hit points
Round 12: geno attacks!
You lose 182 hit points
Round 13: geno attacks!
You lose 131 hit points
Round 14: geno attacks!
Round 15: geno attacks!
You lose 129 hit points
Round 16: geno attacks!
You lose 111 hit points
Round 17: geno attacks!
You lose 175 hit points
lost the fight, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 82 adventures.
Using soft green whatever...
Beaten Up removed.
Using 1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic healing.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
First post of this thread said:
(Note you need to make sure your ccs can handle whatever you're fighting if you wish to automate combats)

Presumably it's running out of an effect right when you hit a combat, and then you die because your muscle isn't high enough to hit the monster.

Bale

Minion
You think so? I'd think it's just silly to try to kill a Basement monster with weapons. You should use divine favors or love songs to do them in. Much better and less dying.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
He's still at a low enough basement level that (since he's over level 30) he can probably beat up the monster with just philter of phorce.

Bale

Minion
Alright, that worked pretty well. It seems to work now but I'll occasionally lose a fight. Is it not potting for me? Should I just use a bunch of muscle pots in advance? Thanks.
Hmm... just took a look a the code and it is set to buff your combat stat to the required level to hit the monster provided that your combat stat is set properly.

Is autoBasement_combat_stat set to muscle?