New Content - Implemented Monster Manuel

Theraze

If mafia can detect whether or not your gremlin can actually drop molybdenum parts, that would be nice to control with CCS...

Bale

Minion
If mafia can detect whether or not your gremlin can actually drop molybdenum parts, that would be nice to control with CCS...

It cannot.

I could tell the monsters apart when only one of them had statistics, but that telltale vanished after I defeated the other version of the monster. Now they are both identical again.

Glazius

The number there is the attack, defense, and HP numbers put together into a single number because of the nicesword.gif match. I think this could be fixed by looking for a space in front of the number, if I'm following that correctly (creating a new Pattern).

It's actually throwing errors to the debug log when it gets to a composite ten-digit number, for example a scaling monster fought with high stats. I think because of limits on integer parsing. 4294967295 is the maximum storable integer, so if you're dealing with something with 1000 attack, defense, and HP it runs way over that.

edgy

It's actually throwing errors to the debug log when it gets to a composite ten-digit number, for example a scaling monster fought with high stats. I think because of limits on integer parsing. 4294967295 is the maximum storable integer, so if you're dealing with something with 1000 attack, defense, and HP it runs way over that.

Here's an error log pinpointing the problem:

Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
         KoLmafia v15.6 r11498, Windows 7, Java 1.6.0_35
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
 would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
 at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were 
 doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Wed Sep 19 18:35:30 CEST 2012

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "502050203765"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "502050203765"
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseIntInternal1(StringUtilities.java:735)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.parseInt(StringUtilities.java:705)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.processNode(FightRequest.java:4160)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.processNode(FightRequest.java:4442)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.processNode(FightRequest.java:4442)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.processNormalResults(FightRequest.java:3787)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.updateCombatData(FightRequest.java:1895)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.processResponse(GenericRequest.java:2110)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:2052)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1712)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1438)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1331)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.runOnce(FightRequest.java:1358)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.run(FightRequest.java:1377)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1960)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1732)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1438)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1331)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.AdventureRequest.run(AdventureRequest.java:254)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:222)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:185)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLAdventure.run(KoLAdventure.java:1111)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:222)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:196)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeAdventureOnce(KoLmafia.java:1410)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeRequestOnce(KoLmafia.java:1430)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.executeRequest(KoLmafia.java:1301)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafia.makeRequest(KoLmafia.java:1155)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.AdventureCommand.run(AdventureCommand.java:106)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.doExecuteCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:592)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:545)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:446)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:314)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI$CommandProcessorThread.run(KoLmafiaCLI.java:236)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.listenForCommands(KoLmafiaCLI.java:308)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.CallScriptCommand.call(CallScriptCommand.java:237)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.CallScriptCommand.run(CallScriptCommand.java:74)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI$CommandProcessorThread.run(KoLmafiaCLI.java:236)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.listenForCommands(KoLmafiaCLI.java:308)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.CallScriptCommand.call(CallScriptCommand.java:237)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.command.CallScriptCommand.run(CallScriptCommand.java:74)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:190)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:164)

Rinn

Developer
So based on this feedback pretty much the only thing we want to do is add some way to parse the quest log pages and compare stats for non-scaling monsters, and possible update current fight stats. That and fix any parsing errors.

Last edited:

Catch-22

So based on this feedback pretty much the only thing we want to do is add some way to parse the quest log pages and compare stats for non-scaling monsters, and possible update current fight stats. That and fix any parsing errors.

Sounds good, well at least it's a good starting point :) I'm sure people will think of more features later down the track.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am amused that Monster Manuel presents "factoids" to you about monsters. A factoid is something which is not, actually, a fact, but which is presented in such a way as to make it appear to be one.

Look at the Wikipedia article to see:

Factoid was coined by Norman Mailer in his 1973 biography of Marilyn Monroe. Mailer described a factoid as "facts which have no existence before appearing in a magazine or newspaper",[3] and created the word by combining the word fact and the ending -oid to mean "similar but not the same". The Washington Times described Mailer's new word as referring to "something that looks like a fact, could be a fact, but in fact is not a fact".[4]

planet : planetoid :: fact : factoid

I am Quite Amused that this word has more recently come to be understood as "a small or insignificant fact" rather than what it was initially invented to mean - "something that is not actually a fact". It's actually been a pet peeve of mine for a long time, but I've given up, since the language changes just as easily - if not more easily - via misuse of a word as by use of a word.

I wonder if KoL's use of the word is Irony or Ignorance? In other words, are we being taught non-facts about the various monsters (as per the actual definition of the word factoid) or real but insignificant facts about them (as per the twisted usage of the word factoid)?

GValko

Is there anything in the HTML code of the fight page added by the Manual to differentiate them?

The protector spectres all have differing stats. I can't tell you which goes to which though.

The gremlins have different factoids but the same stats.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I wonder how practical it is to update the monster's initial attack value, for things like flyering (maybe that's the only purpose), given that your auto-attack can reduce its attack before it is ever displayed. Looking at the code, it looks like it would have to be done in a way that doesn't get multiplied by beeosity too.

Catch-22

In other words, are we being taught non-facts about the various monsters (as per the actual definition of the word factoid) or real but insignificant facts about them (as per the twisted usage of the word factoid)?

I think in this case it's "factoid" as in a small fact. I agree with your sentiment though, "factette" is probably a more accurate wordoid.

Numbat

Problems with CCS and Alielephant (Not sure what's causing it)

So I have been adventuring using a CCS to fight in hamburglaris and have started getting errors that prevent me from automating. It prints a debug log that suggests I post here and I don't understand the rest of it. Can anyone help me interpret it?

Also I picked up a monster manual before it started acting up, but I don't think that is what caused the issue as other people don't seem to be having trouble.

View attachment DEBUG_20120919.txt

My CSS:

[ default ]
try to steal an item
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill moxious maneuver

[ mutated alielephant ]
try to steal an item
skill transcendent olfaction
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill candyblast
skill moxious maneuver

Catch-22

Also I picked up a monster manual before it started acting up, but I don't think that is what caused the issue as other people don't seem to be having trouble.

The error you are getting is, in fact, related to the monster manuel text throwing mafia's text parser out of whack. See also.

Winterbay

Not that it has anything to do with the implementation of this item, but the last "factoid" you get for the quiet healer is hilarious :)

Donavin69

holistic headache remedy

Encounter: War Hippy Homeopath
Round 0: donavin69 wins initiative!
Round 1: war hippy homeopath drops 184166211 attack power.
Round 1: donavin69 executes a macro!
Round 1: donavin69 casts BEAR HUG!
Unknown item found: holistic headache remedy (5834, 541916407)
--------------------
5834 holistic headache remedy 541916407 bark2.gif usable t,d 5
holistic headache remedy Effect: "On the Homeo Path", Effect Duration: 50
--------------------
--------------------
1091 On the Homeo Path bark2.gif 4495224ccef19cf64ba6ed5a5d4a8000 use 1 holistic headache remedy
# On the Homeo Path: Makes you look like a War Hippy Homeopath
--------------------

I don't know if it is 'Zombie Core' related, but I've never seen it before...

Donavin69

I hadn't considered that, but it's probably true...although this is the only one I've found so far....

The effect says 'Makes you look like a War Hippy Homeopath' for 50 advs, although I don't want to try it until I get out-of-run (at least out of the war)