New Content - Implemented Zombie Master items - The new challenge path and its items

Winterbay

So, there are a lot of changes for this path and in order to avoid creating a really large thread that won't ever get closed I thought I'd just create one for the items I've found so far (only got to level 3 on day 1).

Code:
Unknown item found: Barney's rake (5776, 357147342)
--------------------
5776      Barney's rake weapon display 30
5776 357147342 rake.gif Barney's rake
Barney's      rake 25 Mus: 0 2-handed polearm
Barney's rake Spooky Damage: +3,      Muscle: +3
--------------------

Unknown item found: crappy brain (5752, 219645380)
--------------------
5752      crappy brain food all 11
5752 219645380 birdbrain.gif crappy brain
#      crappy brain
--------------------

Edit: Well, it appears to turn into a general thread anyway so I updated the thread title :)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Several things not to be forgotten:
  • my_path() is 10, should return "Zombie Slayer"
  • my_class() should return $class[Zombie Master]
  • my_primestat() should return $stat[Muscle}

Yendor

The first thing to note is that the path begins with a multi-part choice adventure (596), with four single-option choices to be made. At the end of this you get two starter skills (Infectious Bite and Recruit Zombie), and Barney's rake (see above). Only then can the start-of-run processing begin.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Several things not to be forgotten:
  • my_path() is 10, should return "Zombie Slayer"
  • my_class() should return $class[Zombie Master]
  • my_primestat() should return $stat[Muscle}
Any chance I could get the JSON result of calling api.php? Or, at least, what the class number is for a Zombie Master:

Code:
	    "class":"2",
(where "2" is "something else")

Bale

Minion
class number is 12.

{"playerid":"754005","name":"Bale","hardcore":"1","ascensions":"208","path":"10","sign":"Mongoose","roninleft":"941","casual":"0","drunk":"6","full":"8","turnsplayed":"480346","familiar":"74","hp":"10","mp":"7","meat":"795","adventures":"5","level":"3","rawmuscle":"141","rawmysticality":"69","rawmoxie":"91","basemuscle":"11","basemysticality":"8","basemoxie":"9","familiarexp":"21","class":"12","lastadv":{"id":"15","name":"The Spooky Forest","link":"adventure.php?snarfblat=15","container":"woods.php"},"title":"3","maxhp":15,"maxmp":"8","spleen":"0","muscle":12,"mysticality":6,"moxie":7,"famlevel":4,"locked":false,"daysthisrun":"1","equipment":{"hat":"293","pants":"4711","weapon":"35","offhand":"5074","acc1":"5039","acc2":"458","acc3":"1992","fakehands":0},"stickers":[0,0,0],"eleronkey":"73bb16f8a6092773d44ed6d9e84648e8","flag_config":{"lazyinventory":0,"compactfights":0,"questtracker":0,"charpanepvp":"1","fffights":"1","compactchar":0,"noframesize":"1","fullnesscounter":"1","nodevdebug":0,"noquestnudge":0,"nocalendar":0,"alwaystag":0,"clanlogins":0,"quickskills":"1","hprestorers":"1","hidejacko":0,"anchorshelf":"1","showoutfit":"1","wowbar":"1","swapfam":"1","invimages":0,"showhandedness":0,"acclinks":"1","invadvancedsort":"1","powersort":"1","autodiscard":0,"unfamequip":"1","invclose":0,"sellstuffugly":0,"oneclickcraft":"1","dontscroll":"1","multisume":"1","threecolinv":0,"profanity":"1","tc_updatetitle":0,"tc_alwayswho":0,"tc_times":"1","tc_combineallpublic":0,"tc_eventsactive":0,"tc_hidebadges":0,"tc_colortabs":0,"tc_modifierkey":0,"tc_tabsonbottom":0,"chatversion":0,"aabosses":0,"autoattack":0,"topmenu":0},"recalledskills":0,"freedralph":0,"mcd":"10","pwd":"ddc9d503a842b7dabcca98dd9724cd55","rollover":1345087797,"turnsthisrun":59,"familiar_wellfed":0,"intrinsics":[],"familiarpic":"ggg","pathname":"Zombie Slayer","effects":{"acf143c704afaf7504ac07375084f79e":["Beaten Up","2","beatenup"]}}

Last edited:

Winterbay

Also notable:
Food limit appears to be 15 still while drunkeness is capped at 4 with 5 being falling down drunk.

Bale

Minion
I posted an error in my last post. Fixed it. Sorry, but I got confused about which question you were asking.

Class number is 12.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
If you say so.

So, when you said that

Zombie Slayer path # = 10
Zombie Master class # = ???

It wasn't obvious that ??? = 10.

Edit: Heh. Thanks for the update. ;)

Winterbay

One other rather important addition. Maximum drunkeness is 4. Oooch.

I did state so a bit up :)

Also, you can only use familiars that are in one way or another undead. But this is handled just nicely by have_familiar() already so no need to change anything for that. Well done for future proofing that function (all familiars are still listed on the familiar page, but some of them are greyed out and if you try to choose one it is stated that it is dead).

nworbetan

Code:
> ash $item[decent brain]

Returned: decent brain
plural => decent brains
descid => 521141444
image => slimebrain.gif
(etc.)

> ash $item[decent brain].to_int()

Returned: 5753

> ash $item[good brain]

Returned: good brain
plural => good brains
descid => 949297754
image => realbrain.gif
(etc.)

> ash $item[good brain].to_int()

Returned: 5754

> ash $item[boss brain]

Returned: boss brain
plural => boss brains
descid => 978408144
image => realbrain2.gif

> ash $item[boss brain].to_int()

Returned: 5755

> ash $item[hunter brain]

Returned: hunter brain
plural => hunter brains
descid => 436848196
image => realbrain.gif
(etc.)

> ash $item[hunter brain].to_int()

Returned: 5756

All six of the decent brains I ate were 2 adventures, 3-5 each stat (with a couple +6 muscle). All three of the good brains I ate were 3 adventures, 5-7 each stat (with one +8 muscle). The one boss brain I ate was 6 adventures, 10-12 each stat (13 muscle). The five hunter brains I ate were all 6 adventures, 10-12 each stat. All of them were 1 fullness.

The way the boss brain item number follows the good brain makes me think that if there are more brains than these, they're going to be really really good.

Last edited:

Winterbay

To add to that anecdotal data all the crappy brains I ate (14) gave 1 adventure and one to each stat (with the occasional +2 muscle, but then I'm under a muscle sign)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I appreciate your thought of having a thread just for items, but now we need other threads. :)

Revision 11394 should get us going, at least. I haven't used a turn yet, but things I've noticed:

- charpane has a horde count
- the skills don't cost MP (which is good, since you have none), but cost zombies
- some of the skills are combat/noncombat
- a bunch of the npcs - including many, but not all, npc stores - are inaccessible
- 3 skill trees like boris, eh? I assume ascending lets you start with more zombie points? Do you get zombie points each level?

I need to work on my real job. I'll run turns later and see what else I notice. This will take as long as Boris to support, I expect.

Winterbay

You do not get a zombie point per level, at level 3 I still only had 1 point to spend.

I did meat some annoying kid 3 times that beat me up every time (well, actually his friends came and rescued him all the time) so it's possible that you gain zombie points by zombifying people (you start with Barney the caretaker which would be the first point perhaps) and that I failed to do so with this kid and thus never got my second point.

And yes, the idea was nice but I feel that this thread sort of became a catch-all thread anyway so the title might as well be changed :)

Theraze

Zombie point per hunter eaten. So far I've killed Norville Rogers (that annoying kid Winterbay mentioned) and lost to Peacannon, who appears to be the second hunter. Those specifics of monster information don't matter as much as, eaten hunter brain += zombie point.

Theraze

If you happen to have a note from clancy, mafia thinks you can learn Request Sandwich. KoL says no. The response is "Graaah" I believe.

Fuzz Monkey

Ascended a multi with this version and noticed after the fact mafia automatically skipped the intro. Confirmed my path and choices and next thing I was at the main map with my new skills and gear. Intentional?

Theraze

Yes, else postAscension scripts like newLife can't actually trigger at the right time.

Edit: Another hunter: a zombie-huntin' feller. Confirmed as hunter. He also drops the mesh cap (from Palindome).

Additional hunter: Scott the Miner.

Last edited: