Bug - Fixed X-Fingered Shop Teacher does not properly reset semi-rare counter

Hey, gang. I have noticed as I am fighting the Shop Teacher that it does not properly reset the semi-rare window counter. If I use a fortune cookie after the fight, it gives me all three counter values, showing that it has no idea that the Shop Teacher is in fact a semi-rare. I might be seeing this wrong, though, as fight semi-rares might be handled differently.

Darzil

Developer
Looks like X-fingered Shop Teacher isn't recognised correctly, perhaps?

If I'm right, this should fix:

Attachments

• fix_shop_teacher.patch
    666 bytes · Views: 27

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I already added something to consequences.txt, I guess I need to figure out how that file is different from the check in AdventureRequest.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Apparently MONSTER values in consequences.txt are only used in FightRequest, which is after AdventureRequest.registerEncounter() is called and checks for a semirare. Maybe that should be changed, but I would have to figure out more about how consequences.txt is used before making changes there. For now I moved X-fingered Shop Teacher to AdventureRequest.

I also see that monster names are in quotes in consequences.txt, and the ones I added for the shop teacher were not. I still don't understand if or why the quotes matter.